• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct 2013.2.14 - [Over: Waluigi Time]

If there is no Japanese direct, temper your expectations to new localizations at best and at worst them spending an hour talking up Luigi's Mansion, Wii Fit, Game and Wario, and Animal Crossing. Of course maybe they will end with a megaton game targeted at the west

Deus Ex lmao

Let's think of the most disappointing things that could happen:

Five minute discussion about 3DS sales
Five minute recap on games currently available for 3DS
Five minute discussion about unreleased games we already know are coming
Pokemon mentioned but no new info
Direct ends with 1:30s Luigi's Mansion trailer

haha the sad thing is there have been directs just like this

I think they'll announce Dragon Quest
Monsters
and I'll be
Very Happy since its still too early for VII
if you think about it.

Mojojo

bleh if there is no ND from the mothership
japan
I am slightly less interested. Will watch in hope of release dates and localizations in Urope (Bravely default, DQ7, Animal crossing pls)

cjkeats

My bet is on Dragon Quest VII localization. Some kinda of Animal Crossing news. Lots of Luigi's Mansion, and maybe some brief Pokemon talk.

My dreams waiting to be crushed are on Fantasy life and Bravely Default

I hope they announce Pokemon 3DS XL models for NA. I'd jump on that so fast that I'd make Sonic look like a fool.

I'd be good with any XL themed unit I think. I'm always a day one purchaser so I've never had one of those themed consoles. I'm waiting on an XL for that reason.

Screw it, if I'm going to be disappointed, I want to be gloriously disappointed.

mm3dsmockupsmall.jpeg

Majora's Mask Remake, coming June 2013. Nothing else will suffice.

Wiz

So can we just leave all future Nintendo Direct duties to Cheesemeister? lol

Anyways, if this is just a NA/EU presentation, then it's got to be localizations/release dates. Only Iwata is allowed to drop the bombs!

Linkhero1

I'd be good with any XL themed unit I think. I'm always a day one purchaser so I've never had one of those themed consoles. I'm waiting on an XL for that reason.

Same, but if anything, I'd want it to be Pokemon. Imagine a Charizard themed 3DS XL

Mmmmmmmmmm

Screw it, if I'm going to be disappointed, I want to be gloriously disappointed.

mm3dsmockupsmall.jpeg

Majora's Mask Remake, coming June 2013.

Don't screw with me. I've been waiting and waiting. I refuse to replay it again unless it's a remake because I know as soon as I start a new file, they will announce the remake.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Come on Japan, announce your Direct stat! Iwata is in the European Direct, come on!

Come on Japan, announce your Direct stat! Iwata is in the European Direct, come on!

If Iwata is in the European Direct, wouldn't that imply that something significant could still be revealed?

Don't screw with me. I've been waiting and waiting. I refuse to replay it again unless it's a remake because I know as soon as I start a new file, they will announce the remake.

I know, friend, it's hard on all of us. Let's cry together for our inevitable suffering.

Eh, post again?

Nintendo Japan website has a 9 minute video of Iwata apologizing for the stock problems for AC, and explaining why/offering alternatives (download version).

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/egdj/info/movie.html

Basically, the game requires a larger space for save data than any other 3DS game, and needs to use a special type of ROM (SLC-NAND) to save the data to quickly. It's more expensive than MLC-NAND (which is used by all other 3DS games), faster and lasts a lot longer (about 10-20x as many writes). It's because the game uses this type of ROM that they can't just use cartridges from other games.

Problems with creating these cartridges may also have a hand in AC not being available worldwide; they can't even create enough for Japan let alone other regions.

Basically, I wouldn't count on a date for AC just yet.

They better put it on the eShop anyways, dammit. I'm tired of excuses!!! RAWRRRRR!

joedick

I wouldn't be too surprised if it was just Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, and Castlevania. But there isn't much to 2013 beyond these games, so there could be some new stuff shown.

I'd love to see a Famicom 30th promotion for 3DS.

Japan is overflowing with 3DS excellence. If anything, they need a Direct solely focused in Wii U. But what else could Iwata announce that hasn't been shown in the last ND? A firm release date for DQX Wii U?

XaosWolf

Then what the heck are you doing here!? GET TO IT. >=|

As for announcements: I expect solid release dates mostly. Any surprises would be great.
Maybe a release date pushed forward a little too. =)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I think we'll see a summary of the incoming already known Wii U titles from NoA (Wario, Fit, Lego, MH, Pikmin, maybe W101), while I'm expecting some (not many of course) localization announcment for 3DS (as Bravely default for example? :D )

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I want an Animal Crossing Wii U port and Gamecube on the Wii U eshop.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm hoping for Dragon Quest X!

We all know Animal Crossing is coming so I'm not worried.

It's 2AM in Japan. lol

Stop thinking! I want the announcement NOWW!!! ._.

Rationally hyped (eh) for tomorrow.

DaBoss

I want an Animal Crossing Wii U port and Gamecube on the Wii U eshop.

So you want the Gamecube in the Wii U, which is 3 Gamecube's taped together, so it would theoretically mean that it is 4 Gamecubes together. Someone check my math please. :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Luigi's Mansion 2 demo on the eShop right after it ends or bust!

That's kinda all I want, lol.

Zeeman

mm3dsmockupsmall.jpeg

Oh man, I really need a purple XL announced to replace my purple OG, Majora's Mask would just be a bonus

mm3dsmockupsmall.jpeg

For fuck's sake. Original 3DS Zelda first, then Majora's Mask. Will not happen any other way.

We all know Animal Crossing is coming so I'm not worried.

We know it's from April-June. That's the difference between failing exams and not to some of us!

Top Bottom