• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct 2013.2.14 - [Over: Waluigi Time]

If there's no Japanese ND, there will be no new 1st-party / Nintendo-published game announcements.

I repeat, no Japanese ND = no new announced games from Nintendo.

For fuck's sake. Original 3DS Zelda first, then Majora's Mask. Will not happen any other way.

Oh, believe me, I know what they've said. I know it with a great sadness in my heart.

But hey, there's nothing that says Nintendo can't retract on their earlier statements. HOPE.

1. PICROSS FOR THE GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING UNITED STATES OF FUCKING AMERICA eSHOP!!!!!!
2. Dragon Quest 7 US release.
3. Animal Crossing US date (if not announced already)
4. GBA Virtual Console games on 3DS

Ehh... why?

Eiji Aonuma, the lead producer for Zelda games on the question of a Majora's Mask remake on 3DS:

“It’s something I’m asked about often and I assure you that it is something I’ve spoken to Miyamoto about. But recently we released The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D as a remake. We are considering the idea, but it didn’t seem right to launch a remake one after another, so the next Zelda game on 3DS will be original.”

javac

1. PICROSS FOR THE GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING UNITED STATES OF FUCKING AMERICA eSHOP!!!!!!
2. Dragon Quest 7 US release.
3. Animal Crossing US date (if not announced already)
4. GBA Virtual Console games on 3DS

I've never played a picross game, I'm guessing I should play them?

qq more

You don't actually believe that do you?

I don't see what's so unbelievable about that. The next 3DS Zelda is so likely to be original. The question is that whether they're still up to the idea of remaking Majora's Mask or not by the time the original 3DS Zelda comes out.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why you mad? It obviously would not be developed by the same team, so there shouldn't be any problem working on a MM.
Maybe he remembers the GBA that turned into a SNES port machine and he doesn't want the 3DS to turn into an N64 port machine.

You don't actually believe that do you?

Yes. Releasing two remakes in a row would be pathetic. We haven't had a decent handheld Zelda since 2005. I understand that they could easily work on it via different teams and Majora would take a lot less work, but in terms of what gets announced first, it should absolutely be the original title. I'm not mad, but why people want ports instead of new things is baffling, as great as OOT3D was, and as awful as ST/PH were.

Though I'd much rather a LttP remake over Zelda: Dead Rising edition.

Revven

Why you mad? It obviously would not be developed by the same team, so there shouldn't be any problem working on a MM.

They could even announce both at the same time if they wanted to. Just because MM3D would get announced doesn't mean there isn't a 3DS non-remake Zelda in the works...

Use common sense.

Kitoro

I'll continue to hope for a 3DS redesign/refresh reveal. They need to make it look like the XL aesthetically, and squeeze a bigger battery in there.

Berordn

They're logic puzzles and they're not particularly popular in America. Do a search for them online and try one out before you fall for any internet hype for it.

And I say this as someone who's been rallying for Picross-E to be announced here for ages.

Linkhero1

They could even announce both at the same time if they wanted to. Just because MM3D would get announced doesn't mean there isn't a 3DS non-remake Zelda in the works...

Use common sense.

This wasn't directed at me correct? Because it's the same point I'm trying to make :p

Wiz

Pretty sure next Zelda 3DS it will be an original game. Nintendo is keeping it super confidential though, DAMN!

My guesses.

GREZZO (remade OoT 3D) - Wind Waker HD
Eiji Anouma & EAD Group 3 - Zelda 3DS for Holiday 2013. Maybe we'll hear about it at GDC?
Zelda Wii U - still early in design/concept phase tbh. Talk more about it in 2014.

They announced a new Zelda and a remake for the WiiU in one Nintendo Direct.

So...

But they've specifically said that they would do an original 3DS Zelda before Majora 3D. I'm not making some wacky assumption or anything, it's literally what they said, to the letter.

GREZZO (remade OoT 3D) - Wind Waker HD

Eh I think it'd be a stretch for a team that's worked on one remake and another upgraded port to work on a full on remake, but who knows, it would leave the main EAD team to Zelda Wii U, and that would certainly be more beneficial.

Velcro Fly

There are a handful of things that could be announced tomorrow and any single one of them would make the ND a success.

- AC release date
- GBA on the 3DS eShop
- Localization news of any kind
- Dating stuff for the VC (like Kirby's Dream Land 2 or the next NES Mega Man!)

Pikma

Banned
My expectations couldn't be lower for this ND, I doubt there'll be any hype trains this time, and even if there is, I'm not boarding it. :p

18-Volt

Wii U: Release dates for Game & Wario (april), Wonderful 101 (may) and Pikmin 3 (june).

3DS: Release date for Animal Crossing (april) and announcements of new localizations! Terry's Wonderland, Fantasy Life and Inazuma Eleven 1-2-3. All due this summer.

So... there won't be any Zelda announcements for a while. The Zelda team is tapped.

Never played Minish Cap or the non-Zelda team games huh?

Ocarina of Time 3D wasn't done by the Zelda team either.

But they've specifically said that they would do an original 3DS Zelda before Majora 3D. I'm not making some wacky assumption or anything, it's literally what they said, to the letter.

The next one released could be original, but that wouldn't stop them from saying Majora's Mask is in the works too -- much like the WiiU Zelda games, except in reverse.

Revven

If I know Nintendo, they don't often say things they really mean. Often they say things just to cover up surprises. I wouldn't put a lot of stock into what Aonuma said a year and a half ago that could easily change within a year.

Linkhero1

My expectations couldn't be lower for this ND, I doubt there'll be any hype trains this time, and even if there is, I'm not boarding it. :p

I bet you said the same thing about the last hype train. Am I right? :p

It's Nintendo. They say a lot, but things change. We can only be hopeful.

Wiz

Eh I think it'd be a stretch for a team that's worked on one remake and another upgraded port to work on a full on remake, but who knows, it would leave the main EAD team to Zelda Wii U, and that would certainly be more beneficial.

I just doubt the main Zelda team will be spending this year working on a remake. They usually pass those off to other studios, while they handle the new games.

But they could have done the same with the 3DS game too...

Im excited. One of these days Fzero will be announced, I can feel it in my bones.

But for reals I just want a little Wind Waker HD footage to tide me over.

Yeah, I completely expect that a MM remake, if it ever exists at all, will come later and will likely be developed by Grezzo. It's just fun to believe in miracles.

It would be weird for them to change something they stated so firmly, but whatever I guess. You keep hoping for a game you can play already, I'll hope for something new as a priority. I just really want to see something decent original that's all, the DS games were (literally) a trainwreck.

fates

On the Dragon Quest note: I might be biased because I really want DQ7 but... I think it would be wise for that come out first before the spinoffs due to the fact that Joker 2 was a flop and the franchise tapered off on the west with spinoffs. Probably not a great idea to try to start it up again with spinoffs that might not really take off.

I think the best course of action for Dragon Quest outside Japan would be to get VII out, do some Fire Emblem Awakening tier marketing, and if becomes a hit, go back and get the spinoffs. Or, since VII is now out, wait for an inevitable (?) remake of Dragon Quest Monster 3 with Keifer or maybe even another Professional iteration.

TriGen

Sweet. My PC has been broken for the past week+, so I've been away from GAF (GAF mobile layout isn't my thing for whatever reason). It's pretty cool to have some good news like a Nintendo Direct awaiting me upon my return.

Picross DS was my most played DS game of all time I think. Played a few puzzles almost daily for a year or two before beating the whole thing. It even had downloadable content with (some) Nintendo themed puzzles.

It's a fun logic puzzle game tha is very satisfying when you complete the puzzle and reveal what the hidden picture is.

It's already available been translated, so there is really no reason for them not to throw it up on the US eShop.

They're logic puzzles and they're not particularly popular in America. Do a search for them online and try one out before you fall for any internet hype for it.

And I say this as someone who's been rallying for Picross-E to be announced here for ages.
Is it true that Picross-e maxed out the puzzle size at like 15x15 or something like that?
My favorite puzzles in the DS one where the massive 25x20 ones, and I would be really disappointed if we did finally get it and they weren't included. :.(

Of course I think there are about 3 Picross games released so far elsewhere in the world on 3DS, so ONE of those must have them.

phalestine

aka iby.h
Umm...I tend to believe what lead producers say in interviews.

Eh, I guess well see. Its not really up to him. If they show a trailer for a original 3ds zelda , then I can definitely see them releasing MM 3DS before the original, just to reassure fans that its coming.

It would be weird for them to change something they stated so firmly, but whatever I guess. You keep hoping for a game you can play already, I'll hope for something new as a priority. I just really want to see something decent original that's all, the DS games were (literally) a trainwreck.

I dont get this. Say Original 3ds zelda comes out this holiday. How is releasing MM earlier than hurting that in anyway? it be developed by grezzo, wont take a single dime of resource from the zelda team.

I bet you said the same thing about the last hype train. Am I right? :p

It's Nintendo. They say a lot, but things change. We can only be hopeful.

Better to be suprised then disappointed though :)

I'm keeping my expectations low as well. I'm hoping for some 3DS/Wii U release dates and some more details/footage from announced games. Anything else will be a pleasant surprise to me.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I can't possibly imagine this one will be anywhere near the greatness of the last one.

VICI0US

man I love how these just come out of nowhere.

keeping my expectations low for this one though, probably going to focus on existing games like luigi's mansion, castlevania, probably a bit of fire emblem DLC, maybe EO4, monster hunter 3 ultimate, and possibly some actual wii-u release dates for pikmin 3 and wonderful 101.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They announced a new Zelda and a remake for the WiiU in one Nintendo Direct.

So...
But they did say say WW HD was a result of experimenting with HD graphics. One could say they've already played around with the 3DS' capabilities when they made OoT3D.

There's nothing to say that a new 3DS Zelda would be as masterful as Majora's Mask. But I suppose if the original title does suck, they can cure some of the hurt by releasing a lovely remake of an amazing, amazing game afterward.

Honestly, I want both because I'm greedy.

Top Bottom