• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Price drop thread (169 USD, 15k yen, 250 AUD, ~£130, 169 EUR)

_woLf

Nintendo better have some fucking huge reward for early adopters if this is true. If we get nothing but "lol too bad for u" I'm going to rage.

Persona7

Banned
I can swing 150 for a majoras mask port

maybe by then it will have dropped even further and another model will be out!

dvolovets

So... Nintendo made some decent money off of early adopters and is now dropping the 3DS price to a mass-market level? Doesn't sound too bad for them, honestly!

_woLf said:
Nintendo better have some fucking huge reward for early adopters if this is true. If we get nothing but "lol too bad for u" I'm going to rage.

Excitebike 3D son! Plus those 11 3D trailers from E3 + The Green Lantern. What more do you want?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
speedpop said:
This pretty much happens with any item that is available to be purchased for the public.

Yeah, but this is, like, especially quickly.

This reminds me of the N64 PAL launch. Dropped a couple of months after launch or something like that. Got burned then too :(

gerg

_woLf said:

Apparently early adopters in Japan get 10 free NES VC games. A similar scheme will probably be available for those who purchased the device in the US and Europe.

antonz

It makes sense. Vita pricing puts alot of pressure on them and they certainly havent matched the sales rate to hit their 16 million goal.

I will admit I was one of the people saying no way Nintendo cuts price this year so I have to eat crow on that but the perfect storm of events are happening to force their hand. Price Cut and the holiday lineup should cause sales to explode

Card Boy

Banned
FieryBalrog said:
Early adopters should know what the fuck's up by now with regards to Nintendo handhelds.

Yep and for the same reason i'm going to wait for the PS Vita Lite (sounds like a diet shake) aswell.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
_woLf said:

I posted above, but: Anyone who bought the system before Sept. 1st gets 10 free NES virtual console games.

gofreak said:
Yeah, but this is, like, especially quickly.

This reminds me of the N64 PAL launch. Dropped a couple of months after launch or something like that. Got burned then too :(

Didn't we get Mario Kart 64 for free if we bitched about it back then?

Mario Kart 3D free please Nintendo.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
The funny thing about this? The 3DS main "system seller" titles will be coming out post-price drop.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Kagari said:
I posted above, but: Anyone who bought the system before Sept. 1st gets 10 free NES virtual console games.

I can deal with that as long as NA gets the same deal.

demolitio

This is what I get for getting a system early on when I never do that...

OUCH. Maybe I should sell mine really quick before the drop and then rebuy! lol

Polk

Bigger problem with 3DS is price of games and their selection, not necessary 3DS price (although it doesn't help either).
So, one step at a time, and they may have gain momentum.

GDGF said:
Or right this minute, rather.

492_original_ElAHJ.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
butter_stick said:
Didn't we get Mario Kart 64 for free if we bitched about it back then?

Mario Kart 3D free please Nintendo.

They gave away controllers and stuff IIRC. I bitched too late. I still have the 'sorry, we've run out of compensatory stock' letter somewhere...I was pre-internet and very out of the loop then, clearly :(

Yoshiya

Holy shit. I guess they learnt their lesson, but most could have guessed that a single function device at $250 in 2011 would be bomba for sure. This is just the inevitable confirmation.

duckroll

This is pretty epic. I can't really believe this is happening, but I'm fucking glad I don't have a 3DS yet! Thank you Square Enix and Nintendo for not having anything I want to buy yet!

extralite

Awesome. So bought. Best news all year.

I didn't have access to my GAF password on the PC I'm currently using so I had to request a new one just to post my approval of this news. So awesome.

Kagari said:

Wait? There is no NES VC game on the 3DS.

Plus, this doesn't reward early adopters at all. You can still buy it for $150 on aug 11th.

Ellis Kim

Banned
Damn, so that would translate to $150 stateside, right? Hot damn, man.

Waiting on DSiXL price drop so I can get that if 3DS is dropping like this.

Duderz

Banned
LOL at people saying at Nintendo better have something for early adopters.

You bought a $250 handheld with no games. Accept that you already got hosed.

Man, good thing I fought the temptation.

A lot of goodies are being released down the line but it is so bare bones right now and when Zelda released I was so close to getting the system.

I got like $100 in gift cards ready now the moment it hits $150 here in the states!

Top Bottom