• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Conference Japan thread (thx to neo2046)

Jonnyram

Kangu said:
Awesome DS magnet! Now you can put your DS:

-On the outside of your car!
-On your fridgerator!
-On the outside of a Submarine!
-On the inside of a submarine!
-On the metal plate in your head!
-Next to your gun(s)!
-On the underside of a plane!
You missed a crucial one:

-Your 360's HDD

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
The other thing that caught me attention was that every single person who bowled a strike in Wii sports threw their arms up into the air. Old man. Young woman. Young man. It didn't matter.

That's a pretty damn powerful indication of... well, it's an indication ofsomething, anyway. Something very good for Nintendo.

Nickovic

GDJustin said:
The other thing that caught me attention was that every single person who bowled a strike in Wii sports threw their arms up into the air. Old man. Young woman. Young man. It didn't matter.

That's a pretty damn powerful indication of... well, it's an indication ofsomething, anyway. Something very good for Nintendo.

Indication of bowlings universal appeal?

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Nickovic said:
Indication of bowlings universal appeal?

People don't celebrate like that with bowling games released on consoles previously. You just sit, and bowl.

Normally it's only when bowling in real life that people celebrate that way.

Edit: It's a really really positive reflection of people connecting with the kenetic nature of Wii games.

spengo

Is this new? Wii accessories and prices...component cables, etc.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/accessories/index.html

p_component.jpg

2,500 Yen (including tax)

spengo said:
Is this new? Wii accessories and prices...component cables, etc.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/accessories/index.html

p_component.jpg

2,500 Yen (including tax)
Wow. That's around 20 red white and blue bucks. Since I'm not familiar with retail in Japan, are prices for cables like this typically similar to those in NA?

EDIT: That VGA cable is much more interesting! I can use my monitor for Wii, biznatches.
EDIT2: It's not VGA. Nintendo sucks?

What the crap. So that's not VGA? Let down total. I have a nice 23" monitor into which I would very much like to put a WiiGA of DiiVI signal.

I hope at least there's a 3rd party Wii-to-DVI cable.

adg1034

PC Gaijin said:
D-terminal. It's component video. Not a VGA connector. I got a little excited when I first saw the pic too. =/
It's a Japan-exclusive cable that, as said before, transmits a component signal.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
:O
A nintendo conference?
Right now, right now!?
Did it end already or is it still continuing?

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
3pheMeraLmiX said:
Yeah, those videos really put the whole thing into persepctive concerning how other people perceive the controller. The promo videos did nothing but provide ammo for Wii jokes and awkward gameplaying. These really send out a more powerful message concerning the effectiveness of the controller with regards to different demographics.

huh? which videos did you see? i saw no awkwardness at all. in fact.. everyone was having damn fun..

i like the guy that was shocked the controller actually tracked your motion.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
The asian chick with green shirt is teh hot, but the other huera is hotter. Can wii play & experience them?
:)

A LAN adapter!?
:O

PC Gaijin

adg1034 said:
It's a Japan-exclusive cable that, as said before, transmits a component signal.

I have D-terminal cables for my PS2. I got excited when I first saw the pic because I thought it might be the elusive VGA cable that Nintendo hinted at a long time ago, but those hopes were dashed as soon as I saw the "D" in the description.

The prices for the component and D-terminal cables aren't bad at all though. Are D-terminal connections common on TVs in Japan? Just wondering because it seems like most consoles since the 32-bit era have supported them. When I first got an XRGB-2 I was like "wtf is this connection?", but the D-terminal port was quite convenient since it freed up the RGB port allowing two consoles to be connected at once.

Top Bottom