• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Deluxe Digital Promotion now available

What's the minimum you can spend on your card on the eShop again?

Normally, if you have a positive balance, you don't have to put £5 or £10 on -- you can just pay the remainder of the cost of the game...

so if I had £6.50 or something on my balance and the game was £6.99, could I just pay the 49p on my card? I'd imagine either Nintendo or us have some kind of transaction fee to pay?
When buying something you can select to pay the balance via card. I have added less than a dollar before.

I got this in my Point Summary:

"Issued Code ($5.00) for Nintendo eShop Credit"

It basically took 500 points away from me, I have 698 "total points earned," but my balance is only 198. WTF?
No thats Nintendo issuing an activation code since you exceeded 500

Lenardo

Banned
What's the minimum you can spend on your card on the eShop again?

Normally, if you have a positive balance, you don't have to put £5 or £10 on -- you can just pay the remainder of the cost of the game...

so if I had £6.50 or something on my balance and the game was £6.99, could I just pay the 49p on my card? I'd imagine either Nintendo or us have some kind of transaction fee to pay?

they give the option to pay the balance off by adding WIiU points to your account OR to pay the balance via Credit Card.

i bought tekken and trine2 via wiiu points i added via my credit cards(added 100 dollars ) and bought nano assault via credit card.

So, for example, NSMBU is worth 6,000 pts, right? So I should get twelve 500 credits back? As well as $5.00 12 times? Doesn't that make the game free? I don't get it. :( Bare with me.

No. You get 599 points back.
NSMBU on the eshop is $59.99 so you get 10% back.

Mardak

So, for example, NSMBU is worth 6,000 pts, right? So I should get twelve 500 credits back? As well as $5.00 12 times? Doesn't that make the game free? I don't get it. :( Bare with me.
NSMBU is $59.99, and you get 1 point for every 10 cents spent. So you'll get 599 points. This will automatically trigger the issuing of a $5 Nintendo eShop Credit.

You can then activate the eShop Credit to use towards Wii U or 3DS eShop accounts. Then later you can purchase content from those eShops.

schlew

Hmm, I'm in Canada and the site looks the same as ever. Any other Canadians getting anything different?

OctoWara289

Neo Member
No. You get 599 points back.
NSMBU on the eshop is $59.99 so you get 10% back.

Ohhhh, got it. Also, does this work by discounting the 10 percent from the payment as well? Or is it just receiving 10 percent of those points into your account?

Is this something that we deluxe owners will have foreva? If so, I'm digital from now on, 10 percent off (in a sense if it's just points back) is awesome.

^^^ It's 10% on the value you spend, and yes this is for the forseeable future until at least 2014/15. It's worth noting that retail has better deals than the eshop in nearly all cases (Amazon etc), but I've certainly been buying some stuff digital - I like the convenience of it.

Hmm, I'm in Canada and the site looks the same as ever. Any other Canadians getting anything different?

I'm in the UK and ddp.nintendo.com works fine for me, even shows my country of origin and balance in £££. I don't think you need to use a nintendo.ca address or anything.

Def Jukie

So, you can earn points on the Wii U eshop and apply them on a 3DS eshop. Is there any way to earn points on the 3DS eshop or is this only on the Wii U?

Mardak

Has anyone used an activation code yet? I would assume you just get some letters/numbers to type into the Wii U or 3DS Nintendo eShop and the credit stays on that associated account.

So theoretically, you could just give your activation code to someone else, yes?

Danielsan

This entire promotion is virtually useless to me. Retail games will always be cheaper than their digital counterparts on the eshop and the digital only games thus far are slim pickings.
There's little point to the whole "save €5" thing when the retail version of the game can be bought for €55 and the digital download costs € 69,99 (I'm looking at you ZombiU).

schlew

I'm in the UK and ddp.nintendo.com works fine for me, even shows my country of origin and balance in £££. I don't think you need to use a nintendo.ca address or anything.

I'm just using the ddp.nintendo.com address. Site still lists the promo as coming in December.

Ull have to check again later.

Ohhhh, got it. Also, does this work by discounting the 10 percent from the payment as well? Or is it just receiving 10 percent of those points into your account?

Is this something that we deluxe owners will have foreva? If so, I'm digital from now on, 10 percent off (in a sense if it's just points back) is awesome.
No. The game will stay the same price you just get 10% back in point form and you can redeem those points for eshop money.

We get this promo until 2014. Well the end of 2014. Sp we get this 10% bck promom for 2 years.

Mardak

So, you can earn points on the Wii U eshop and apply them on a 3DS eshop. Is there any way to earn points on the 3DS eshop or is this only on the Wii U?
No for 3DS eShop. From the promotion terms:

Point Earning: Eligible Games & Content

Owners of the Wii U Deluxe Set can earn points on all digital games purchased through, or content downloaded from the Nintendo eShop on a Wii U Deluxe Set.

Points can be earned on both
Wii U games and digital content purchased directly from the Nintendo eShop.
Wii U games and digital content downloaded with a code purchased at a retailer, where available.

・Both games published by Nintendo and by other publishers are eligible for Points.
Points cannot be earned on passes or subscriptions.
・Games and content purchased at the Wii Shop Channel within Wii Compatability mode are not eligible
・Points can only be earned on newly purchased/transferred games and content, and cannot be earned on games and content already purchased by downloading again.

Kouriozan

This entire promotion is virtually useless to me. Retail games will always be cheaper than their digital counterparts on the eshop and the digital only games thus far are slim pickings.
There's little point to the whole "save €5" thing when the retail version of the game can be bought for €55 and the digital download costs € 69,99 (I'm looking at you ZombiU).

But games like Warriors Orochi 3 never go down in price.
Same with Rhythm Thief here, still 45€ and it's like $30 in US :(

OctoWara289

Neo Member
No. The game will stay the same price you just get 10% back in point form and you can redeem those points for eshop money.

We get this promo until 2014. Well the end of 2014. Sp we get this 10% bck promom for 2 years.

That's pretty nice. Digital save us 4 dollars off of every 60 dollar retail game already by there not being any tax, and now with this 10 percent thing, that's pretty nice! Nintendo has to create a cloud though so that I feel safer going digital crazy.

MicH

So does this mean that download codes (bought at a retailer) will be available soon? I would much prefer that when buying retail games digitally.

EDIT: Above was my thought when reading the terms posted above.

I could have saved myself £17 overall if I'd bought NSMBU, Sonic Racing and Puddle from the shops, but the allure of digital was too great tbh. I'm glad of the 10% I'll be getting back (meaning I've really only lost less than a tenner), and I was able to get those games without leaving the house, or without having to wait for a delivery, and I can jump between any of them without leaving the couch or my bed (lazy, I know), and the system runs quietly while playing them too...

I'm probably going to buy both retail and digital here on out. I imagine going digital when I imagine a game is going to be something I'll want to play regularly or jump in and out of a lot... Mario Kart might be a good example

Either I've forgot my password or it won't let me log in.

At the Deluxe Digital Promotion website, you cannot retrieve your Nintendo Network ID or Password. Please follow the instructions on the Wii U Menu to retrieve your Nintendo Network ID or Password

I think you have to click view user settings or something from the user select menu, or do it once you're logged in somewhere

Huh, weren't we in the UK only supposed to get like 8% back?

I'm seeing this:

"Basis for Points £9.24

Points Earned
92pts "

That's not too bad, it's 10% more or less.

bumpkin

Signed in:
"You cannot participate in this promotion until the day after you purchase games and content at the Nintendo eShop." heh
Same message here too. I haven't downloaded anything from the eShop as of yet myself though. I've got the credit sitting in my account and have a few games in mind (Nano Assault Neo and Mighty Switch Force), just haven't pulled the trigger yet. :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Smiles and Cries will be very happy

woot, I have two eshop vouchers. Bought NSMBU, little inferno and Nano assault gives me 1024 points

edit: its giving me 10% on what looks like the pre-tax price (£42 for NSMBU).

heads up - it also gave me 10% points on a nintendoland code from amazon. So those of you with digital codes you aren't planning to use - might be worth using them anyway just to get £5 back for nothing. You £199 deluxe pack people got even more of a bargain :p

would be nice for nintendo to send out emails when you trigger a voucher - encourage you to visit the shop. I wonder if this will see more sales of the smaller games, or will people use it to make full retail games more palatable?

Captain N

A9huvozCIAAI-wZ.jpg

woot, I have two eshop vouchers. Bought NSMBU, little inferno and Nano assault gives me 1024 points

heads up - it also gave me 10% points on a nintendoland code from amazon. So those of you with digital codes you aren't planning to use - might be worth using them anyway just to get £5 back for nothing. You £199 deluxe pack people got even more of a bargain :p

On the otherhand, they could probably sell those codes for £25 :p

would be nice for nintendo to send out emails when you trigger a voucher - encourage you to visit the shop. I wonder if this will see more sales of the smaller games, or will people use it to make full retail games more palatable?

To be exact it gives 8% back on the full price including tax, just so happens in the UK tax is 20% so would make it 10% on the pre tax price

Coen

I'd love to go digital but I've seen Ubi's and EA's prices and quickly gave up on that idea. Do they really expect me to pay 70 euro for a game I can get for 45 in a store? It's mind-boggling.

JoeFu

Banned
Awesome! I had 1097 points and redeemed them for two $5.00 codes. Bought NG3RE... hope I don't regret getting that instead of TTT2

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'd love to go digital but I've seen Ubi's and EA's prices and quickly gave up on that idea. Do they really expect me to pay 70 euro for a game I can get for 45 in a store? It's mind-boggling.

you can be selective though. Nintendo stuff hardly ever drops in price, and is likely to be a regular feature on your WiiU, so its a relatively safe digital buy - still more expensive than discounted online retail, but the 10% helps. Plus of course any eshop only games you might want.

TriGen

Cool. I just checked it out, and yep, I got some points. I've only downloaded one game so I don't have any money coming back to me right now, but it's good to see that it's working.

Top Bottom