• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Deluxe Digital Promotion now available

Pangya

I have a friend who works retail that gets 10% off for employee discounts (which I use for eShop cards). A $60 dollar game comes out to $48 for me if I buy it digitally. If I buy it retail, it comes out to around $65 with tax included. I am purchasing all new releases that I want day 1 digitally unless there's a day 1 sale that drops it below the digital price. Otherwise, I would wait till retail prices bomb and buy them then.

Kevtones

I bought Nano Assault Neo and Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper (safe bet considering the amount of content and the sporadic nature of my Musou needs - and that it's a great game).

Going to grab Trine 2 in the coming days :)

Kokonoe

Banned
no, you'll get a voucher for the first 500. Then you'll need 2 more points to get the next one

Yeah, that's what I meant. I think it's rather bothersome that it isn't strictly 500, like I'm getting 498 so I'm unable to use it until I buy something else.

Wait...do I have to literally have 1,000 instead of my current 998 to use the entire thing?

Your points total must be over 1,000 and a prime number.

But I'd suggest just carrying on buying things as normal, no point filling up the gap with things you weren't going to buy, even if that's the secret intent of this scheme.

TriGen

I'm conflicted. I would like to go all digital to take full advantage of this, but I can't help but feel paranoid about the account situation.

Same. I'll buy any download-only game I want, but I want to hold off on full digital with Nintendo, unless the game makes a ton of sense to have on the system, as in, I could see myself playing it a little here and there for a long time. For now, full retail games I'm buying boxed. If Nintendo ever allows account transfers, though, I'll go full digital.

failedi.png

just so that I'm clear, once I buy a game through the eShop, I'll be able to log in? does it matter what I buy?

Kevtones

Wait Sonic Racing is only $40 on the shop? Well shit...

Just bought retail Darksiders II yesterday. Going to sell/trade it once I'm done but the game is really nice. I didn't like the first one, either.

Is Nintendo ripping me off 9 cents/ 1point???

Each one of my purchases have ended in .99, but Nintendo rounds DOWN!!!! WTF

$19.99 -> 199 points instead of 199.9 or 200 points

TimmiT

Well, it's some kind of stupid shit they are pulling in Sweden. It says that the game was 84,03 SEK when it's really 100SEK. I don't know what they are doing. Bergsala being Bergsala I guess.

Here in the Netherlands there's 19% tax included with the price, they don't count that so I got 84 points for it as well. €8.40 x 1.19 = about €10.

Cartman86

Banned
So this discount thing is going to be one of the things standing in the way of portable accounts huh? Does it just see what type of console your account was created on gives yo the discount based on that? I suppose they could make sure only one account on a console could do it.

NeoRausch

Damn you NOE/local distributor

€9.99 equals to 83points. They calculate Mighty Switch Force HD as €8.39 (It's 9.99 on eShop) = 83points (not even 84 lol)
that baffeld me too! how is 8.39 = 83 and not 84?!
Nintendo, go back to school!

Eusis

Is Nintendo ripping me off 9 cents/ 1point???

Each one of my purchases have ended in .99, but Nintendo rounds DOWN!!!! WTF

$19.99 -> 199 points instead of 199.9 or 200 points
Yeah, it's an obnoxious move on their part. I guess the idea may be you buy some DD-exclusive games to plug up the hole, or something.

I got one code thanks to Little Inferno + Sonic All Stars, and got Mighty Switch Force.

you can be selective though. Nintendo stuff hardly ever drops in price, and is likely to be a regular feature on your WiiU, so its a relatively safe digital buy - still more expensive than discounted online retail, but the 10% helps. Plus of course any eshop only games you might want.

Yeah, this will only ever be used fro e-shop games by me.
Even if I throw in the 8% discount, it's still £5 cheaper to just buy Tekken Tag 2 from Amazon - and it'll probably be £15 cheaper in a couple of months.

Yes Boss!

99 points!

Whoo. Gonna take me a bit to get some cards though. I fully intend to buy normal releases on disc. Will get the occasional eShop release so a few bucks back is a nice gesture for doing nothing.

Alec

Is anyone else with a long password having trouble signing in?

My password is 18 characters. It accepted it fine on the Wii U but I can't log in to the DDP site, gives a generic password failed error. I suspect that it is because the password is too long, but I'm not positive.

I'm at work so I can't play around with the password on my Wii U at the moment.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Your points total must be over 1,000 and a prime number.

But I'd suggest just carrying on buying things as normal, no point filling up the gap with things you weren't going to buy, even if that's the secret intent of this scheme.

Good point. I should be strong and wait for pikmin 3

Can you used these on 3DS eshop too? In which case I can be a bit less strong and just wait for picross-e 2

Here in the Netherlands there's 19% tax included with the price, they don't count that so I got 84 points for it as well. €8.40 x 1.19 = about €10.

I thought about that at first, and that's probably it, but I don't know where they are getting 19% from. I guess I should be happy that they didn't go with 25%, which is our actual tax.

Top Bottom