• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Deluxe Digital Promotion now available

Eric C

Is VC even announced?

Iwata said this a few weeks ago... I think it might've been during a Nintendo Direct

"We understand that there are people who were looking forward to playing Wii games, Virtual Console games, and so forth on the GamePad, but unfortunately we cannot accommodate those users' expectations. There are plans for a Wii U Virtual console that will be compatible with the Wii U GamePad."

Mardak

Can someone test if you get full points when using eShop credits to purchase? Or did anyone buy eShop titles using 3DS eShop point cards?

I would assume the activated credit in $5 increments from the digital deluxe program appear just like any other point cards, so buying a $59.99 game where $5 was paid in credits would still give 599 points.

A simple test would be for someone with 2x $5 credits buying a $9.99 game and checking if 99 points are added.

If so, you end up getting more than 10% back. (Approaches 11%.)

best thing to wake up to ever now what to get with this

ddp.jpg

ozfunghi

Nintendo of Europe math: 10% of €23,5 = 196pts

No wonder Europe's economy is down the drain with people failing at simple math.

kiryogi

Banned
Tekken & Warriors

The others stuff like Epic Mickey 2 I am not buying

it just adds $5 bucks each code you type in to your balance sweet!

so which one of the two should I get, Tekken or Warriors?

What are you more in the mood for? Tekken is awesome but IMO fighters are not much of a solo experience. While Orochi is an awesome solo experience but with good options for coop too. Annnnnd if you do like Warriors, it's the best Warriors game to date.

Kevtones

What are you more in the mood for? Tekken is awesome but IMO fighters are not much of a solo experience. While Orochi is an awesome solo experience but with good options for coop too. Annnnnd if you do like Warriors, it's the best Warriors game to date.

Yeah, I'm super impressed. The amount of characters/diversity is staggering and the simple weapon fusion is effective.

Really digging the game.

kiryogi

Banned
There might be a little bias as I've been in extensive amounts of time into the PS3 ver and now the Wii U ver D: lol. it's so good D:

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
What if you bought a basic?

What if you bought a basic?

If I had a Basic right now I would be sad... here is the $50 I would have saved for the Basic and I would have still made the same software purchases regardless of this promotion so I just got a little extra today.

Since this is in my balance I guess I get points off my next purchase too? lol

Ok Tekken or Warriors you guys made some good points about Warriors for Solo play so I'll have to get soon.

yatesl

Nano Assault Neo
Titles Purchased from Nintendo eShop
Price Basis for Points £7.55
Points Earned
75pts
Date Earned
03/12/2012

How on earth do people have 5000 points.

CoolS

Nano Assault Neo
Points Earned
75pts
Date Earned
03/12/2012

I think Smiles bought like 10 retail titles or so on the eshop.

Nano Assault Neo
Points Earned
75pts
Date Earned
03/12/2012

going full digital. 599 per retail game = 5000 points very quickly.

NeoRausch

Theres no way to link this with the 3DS eshop? I buy more crap on there.

huh, while the first part makes no sense ('cause...nintendo) the second part is where the fascinatin truth lies.
i feel the same on wiiU.
this is just a little testrun. just deluxe owners are going to take part and (for now) only till december 2014.
but still, those 10% work on my mind. allready thinking about downloading Sonic.

a nintendo system is the first one that make me consider buying more DD-game.
that's crazy town. but they are doing something right there.

now just make the DL speed faster, dammit!

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
then....nothing.

hrmp! Hey, it will probably work out even in the end after all you deluxe owners spend all that money on Windex and rags to clean off your disgusting, fingerprint smeared, gamepads.

hrmp! Hey, it will probably work out even in the end after all you deluxe owners spend all that money on Windex and rags to clean off your disgusting, fingerprint smeared, gamepads.

You got to clean that White one just as much :p

anyone have the DL size for Warriors? since the VGAs are tonight I don't want anything to slow my connection during the streams maybe going with that will be faster for today

NeoRausch

You got to clean that White one just as much :p

anyone have the DL size for Warriors? since the VGAs are tonight I don't want anything to slow my connection during the streams maybe going with that will be faster for today

oh hey, while you say this:

why the hell is there no pause button on the download options?
downloaded. Trine2 (something around1.5 GB)and Little Inferno (something 190 MB? correct me if i'm wrong) yesterday. started Trine 2 first and then LI.
checked my download.....yeah Trine 2 was crawling along as expected. so i decided to pause it and download little inferno first. small size ergor faster download and something to play while trine2 downloads.
but....nahhhh. no dice!

Bizubani

Neo Member
Got 99 points for Nano Assault.
Really hoping that they fix the account situation soon, if they even consider it a problem. Need to buy digital, saves me a crazy amount compared to buying it in a shop.

oh hey, while you say this:

why the hell is there no pause button on the download options?
downloaded. Trine2 (something around1.5 GB)and Little Inferno (something 190 MB? correct me if i'm wrong) yesterday. started Trine 2 first and then LI.
checked my download.....yeah Trine 2 was crawling along as expected. so i decided to pause it and download little inferno first. small size ergor faster download and something to play while trine2 downloads.
but....nahhhh. no dice!

you can pause the download but it just stops all downloads they go one at a time not multi-downloads so pausing one keeps the other waiting in line longer to get a turn.

Larsen B

My replacement digital copy of NintendoLand from Amazon counted as a DD purchase so I got 420 points straight away.

It's not amazing, especially as it's 10% on the nett, but it'll be a treat every few months.

Can someone test if you get full points when using eShop credits to purchase? Or did anyone buy eShop titles using 3DS eShop point cards?

I would assume the activated credit in $5 increments from the digital deluxe program appear just like any other point cards, so buying a $59.99 game where $5 was paid in credits would still give 599 points.

A simple test would be for someone with 2x $5 credits buying a $9.99 game and checking if 99 points are added.

Hm, this is kinda interesting.
Unfortunately it still doesn't make digital games cheaper than retail ones. Though once you take into account the ease of switching games, and maybe even improved loading times, it becomes mighty tempting.

IrishNinja

damn, went retail & missed out on this. i kinda wanna jump on nano ass, but it needs a demo!

i can wait though, crazy backlog + i only wanna use points for whenever they have the new VC setup for the pad anyway.

Yes, you get full points back even if you use your credits. I can confirm this. So, you still get points back if you use your credit earned through points.

damn, went retail & missed out on this. i kinda wanna jump on nano ass, but it needs a demo!

i can wait though, crazy backlog + i only wanna use points for whenever they have the new VC setup for the pad anyway.

If they work as fast as they usually do, then they won't get a decent VC lineup before this promotion is over.

Top Bottom