• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Deluxe Digital Promotion now available

Medalion

Banned
I have 298 pts from my purchase of Trine 2 and Nano Assault Neo so far

If there are other great digital download games, I will buy more shit

Buying full retail games is not my idea of fun as those downloads are huge and will probably half or the entire day to download

Buying full retail games is not my idea of fun as those downloads are huge and will probably half or the entire day to download

Little Inferno is really nice to have

I start my downloads before bedtime for larger files it works and then you have a nice home menu on your gamepad with easy clicks instead of disc switching

Wait you can earn points from credit you get from the promo?

well it's just cash in your balance. So the $50 I earned is not points but a real $50 that went into my eShop Balance woke up today went to the DDP site signed in another $5 code was waiting for me with the icon of the game I got yesterday from that $50 :)

THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN Club Nintendo forget points give me cash back to spend

Thraktor

NSMBU is a smaller download than Trine 2, as it happens. On average retail games are going to be bigger, but there are small retail games (like NSMBU) on the eShop.

This is probably a major experiment for Nintendo. To see if it really drives purchase after purchase, like amazons 10 dollar pre order bonuses encourage you to keep getting the next game from them.

This is probably a major experiment for Nintendo. To see if it really drives purchase after purchase, like amazons 10 dollar pre order bonuses encourage you to keep getting the next game from them.

it works and I will be sad if this goes away in 2014

They need a Premium Service with this and other features included for long term.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake

Mighty Switch Force HD. I also have 298 pts and I will most certainly get that one, full retail games aren't my choice for downloads

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
sorry for the bump, but I didn't find another dedicated topic. So..
I've got a 5€ discount code, but I have a couple of question:

- is the code Wii U-tied? or is this credit available also on 3DS? I know that they'll unify the credits in December, but I'd like to know how it works now

- if I use a code to download a more expensive game (for example: Tekken is 29 € right now), how it is managed? I use the code and than I have to add the rest with the credit card?

- If I download a more expensive game (always Tekken), will I receive the related promotion points for the entire cost of the game (29€) or just for the money I actually pay (24€)?

thank you!

Atram

sorry for the bump, but I didn't find another dedicated topic. So..
I've got a 5€ discount code, but I have a couple of question:

- is the code Wii U-tied? or is this credit available also on 3DS? I know that they'll unify the credits in December, but I'd like to know how it works now

- if I use a code to download a more expensive game (for example: Tekken is 29 € right now), how it is managed? I use the code and than I have to add the rest with the credit card?

- If I download a more expensive game (always Tekken), will I receive the related promotion points for the entire cost of the game (29€) or just for the money I actually pay (24€)?

thank you!

-you can use with in your 3DS, it´s like an eShop card

-yes for example or use an eShop card

-you will earn points for the total amount spend for the game (5€ PP + 24€ = Points for 29€)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
-you can use with in your 3DS, it´s like an eShop card

-yes for example or use an eShop card

-you will earn points for the total amount spend for the game (5€ PP + 24€ = Points for 29€)

thank you very much!
being able to share it with 3ds, now I'm tempted to buy steamworld dig...but buying tekken I'd get a lot of Premium points!!! I'll evaluate better later in the week...

lt519

Reviving this dinosaur because I totally forgot about DDP and had $10 sitting in my account! With Christmas gone and past I'm sure many of us bought games on the eShop and didn't know/forgot about the DDP.

Searched for the latest title with "Digital Deluxe Promotion" and can't thread create. Knock me senseless if not allowed :)

lt519

Oh wow. Thanks for this! I have $15 ready to go.

Totally forgot.

Free NES Remix!! :)

Edit: It's a promotion for Wii U Deluxe owners that runs through December 2014 where you get 10% back on digital purchases that when it reaches $5 you can redeem for an eShop code that can be used on either 3DS or Wii U eShop! Cheers!

massoluk

Banned
Jebus, I didn't know I have to manually redeem this. I have 11 $5-giftcards just sitting there waiting to be redeemed.

massoluk

Banned
So what exactly is this, and as a European 3DSxl owner, is this something for me?

Remember before Wii U was released and it was announced that there will be 2 Wii U sku, basic and deluxe and that deluxe sku owner will get cashback for the online purchase? I may be wrong, but I think this is it. I thought it's automatic...I missed the boat by a year.

L~A

I really, really wish they won't drop this by the end of the year, as announced... Maybe keep it as some sort of "Ambassador Program" or whatnot, I don't care. I just love getting my free moneyz :)

zroid

Banned
I hope they end up extending this beyond 2015. Didn't really buy enough from the eShop to get my fill of the promotion. Still working towards achieving my second $5 credit right now.

wrowa

Lol, I just realized that I've got 5€ back for downloading Wind Waker HD ... even though it was part of the bundle!

Hasney

Lol, I just realized that I've got 5€ back for downloading Wind Waker HD ... even though it was part of the bundle!

Yeah, Amazon screwed up my Premium Wii U pre-order and had to send me a digital code for Nintendoland as it wasn't in the box... Counted towards this too!

3rd party downloads have really made this for me, especially since the eShop is so overpriced. Game have been doing the digital codes for under RRP and then redeem them on the eShop for the RRP equivalent points. Genius system.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Close to getting my 2nd $5. Only need 28 points/to spend $3. Was rather surprised that a code for MH3U that I won counted & give me $5 also. Even cooler that I could use that code & redeem it on the 3DS. Though now with the update, it can be used on either.

Fandangox

Reviving this dinosaur because I totally forgot about DDP and had $10 sitting in my account! With Christmas gone and past I'm sure many of us bought games on the eShop and didn't know/forgot about the DDP.

Searched for the latest title with "Digital Deluxe Promotion" and can't thread create. Knock me senseless if not allowed :)

I constantly check, and I am 37 points away from another 5$ code. But can't use my Wii U right.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I hope this doesn't classify as "port-begging", but I'd seriously love seeing this promotion on 3DS as well. Knowing them, it'll happen when the next handheld comes. Maybe ;_;

PusherT

My wi u hard drive is full, go an external hard drive coming soon. Eshop digital downloads are the best easy access and I get 10% thanks to my DD promotion. I have LoZ windwaker, SuperMario 3d world, MH3u, Toki Tori, Baloon Fight, Lttle inferno all digital. I have $15 in promotion credits too. thank you Nintendo for giving us Wii U deluxe owners incentive to buy through eshop.

next EShop purchase batman origins.

This program is awesome. Never having to pay full price for day 1 goodness is nice. Have some waiting in the wing for fucking donkey kong, plus the best buy eShop card deal has things looking great.

lt519

Here's how I beasted Nintendo prices for the next year:

Shopped through Chase Rewards Mall at Best Buy:
-20% off Best Buy Promotion on eShop cards
-1% Chase Credit Card
-1% Best Buy Rewards Mall
-1% Rewards Best Buy
-10% Rewards Nintendo

So 22% off all my Nintendo games this year (Mario Kart 8, DKC:TF, Smash, and ::crosses fingers:: X)
10% back in various reward certificates mostly redeemable on Nintendo games

(I typically just buy more eShop cards with my Best Buy rewards, just got another $20 card at 20% off with a $5 reward for $11 total).

Edit: In total I ended up with $220 of eShop credit for about $156, before my 2% cash back rewards. That $220 will turn into $20 more rewards credit after being spent.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm sure it's been said, but considering the tons of games I've downloaded on 3DS, it's a shame this doesn't count for the 3DS eShop. Oh well, maybe there'll be more sales on VC games & such that'll let me reach a 3rd $5.

PusherT

Nice earned another $5 on the $50 I spent from money I earned back yesterday, I think I'm in love <3
you also get points by using your Club Nintendo gold coins in any Wii U virtual console game. I cash in my gold coins and got Baloon fight for free from cub Nintendo. turns out my digital deluxe promotion kicked in and gave my 49 points as if I spent $4.99 on the NES game.

prag16

Banned
Having gone physical-only for retail games (aside from Fit U), I have only cashed out one $5 code so far. The "collector" part of me will not go away.

PusherT

I've gotten $80 back so far
Nice I only have 3 $5 promo credits earned. I amassed a total of 1547 points. my external hard drive is coming from amazon I bought a 500 gb yoshi a USB hd. With that I can get the larger titles on the eshop. AC4,Warriors Orochi,Batman Origins,Pikmin 3 are all pretty large Games over 10gb.

I also took advantage of that 20% deal BB had on eshop cards got $105.17 in my wallet thanks to that 20% promo.

Tohsaka

Just remembered that this was a thing, thanks to this thread. It seems I have a $5 credit, maybe I'll get NES Remix now since I didn't really want to pay more than $10 for it.

dolemite

Is there a way to convert star points into Wii U credit? I could only find a way to buy Nintendo Points which are only good for Wii VC purchases but I can't get to the Wii VC without buying a Wii Mote first :(. It's a rather vicious circle.

Penguin

Here's how I beasted Nintendo prices for the next year:

Shopped through Chase Rewards Mall at Best Buy:
-20% off Best Buy Promotion on eShop cards
-1% Chase Credit Card
-1% Best Buy Rewards Mall
-1% Rewards Best Buy
-10% Rewards Nintendo

So 22% off all my Nintendo games this year (Mario Kart 8, DKC:TF, Smash, and ::crosses fingers:: X)
10% back in various reward certificates mostly redeemable on Nintendo games

(I typically just buy more eShop cards with my Best Buy rewards, just got another $20 card at 20% off with a $5 reward for $11 total).

Edit: In total I ended up with $220 of eShop credit for about $156, before my 2% cash back rewards. That $220 will turn into $20 more rewards credit after being spent.

Could have gone a step further and game Best Buy when they were offering a $15 GC for spending 100 bucks post-Christmas.

Is there a way to convert star points into Wii U credit? I could only find a way to buy Nintendo Points which are only good for Wii VC purchases but I can't get to the Wii VC without buying a Wii Mote first :(. It's a rather vicious circle.

You must know someone you can borrow a Wii remote off?

Megasoum

Banned
Just checked ddp.nintendo.com on a lark and was able to sign in with my NNID and password. I have earned 1496 points, and since they cash out in chunks of 500 points, I just got myself $10 worth of eshop credit. spend four more cents on the eshop and I'll have another five bucks.

Searched, didn't find anything.

qcjqM.png

thought about putting it on my 3ds to get crashmo, but I want to see if I earn points for purchasing on the wii u shop with the credit.

Thanks for the heads up

On a slightly OT note... You REALLY look like your Mii lol

Top Bottom