• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2/17

AREYOUOKAY?

EuWmI5tXYAIwcaM

carlosrox

Banned
I called it (and nobody else in the WORLD did). Knew the next Direct would be after 3D World's release. Didn't think it would be right after the weekend though!

I am a God amongst men.

Seriously though, 50 mins is pretty hefty.
What games are there that we know of that can fill all that time? All I can think of are Bayo 3, SMT5, and Pokemon Snap? Aside from some indies I can't think of much else.

Hoping for a very slick reveal or two, along with a trailer for BOTW2.

How about some 3D World/Bowser's Fury DLC ;) ?

Last edited:

Arkam

I expect there to be at least one big announcement/update.... but no way I was watching 50m with the hyped part being about Smash Bros. I love that they are keeping up support but I haven’t booted the game in over a year.

show us that BOTW2 update and tell us to look out for upcoming Zelda anniversary events and releases.

We'll probably see:

Super Mario Galaxy 3
Eternal Darkness 2
F-Zero HX
Chrono Trigger II
Final Fantasy 9 Remake (made by Grezzo)
The Conduit III
The Grinder (Switch Exclusive)
Metroid Prime Trilogy Remasterd
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Vandal Hearts Collection (1 + 2 Remasterd)
Tactics Ogre 2
Final Fantasy Tactics 2
Bayonetta 3
Amored Core Remake (Remake of the first Amored Core Game)
Breath of Fire 7
Ridge Racer Type 4 Remake

Where's Sadness? I'll riot if we don't get an update

Nautilus

Banned
About freaking time! Last full direct was wayyy back in September 2019!!!!

I fully expect to see some big bombs being dropped here. And we WILL get BOTW 2 here. We need to, Nintendo knows it needs to speak about it.

We'll probably see:

Super Mario Galaxy 3
Eternal Darkness 2
F-Zero HX
Chrono Trigger II
The Conduit III
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Tactics Ogre 2
Final Fantasy Tactics 2
Bayonetta 3
Breath of Fire 7
Well, obviously all those will be there. I'm hoping for some surprises as well.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Alright, shock aside, let's see:

Would love to see:
Metroid Prime trilogy on Switch
BOTW2 2022 release date
Mario Odyssey 2
New 2D Zelda game / Oracle remake (the second being my absolute most wanted thing here no joke)

Expect to see:
Lazy 3D Zelda Switch ports for the anniversary
Pokémon Diamond + Pearl remake tease? Probably in a Pokémon Direct instead
A very very very small BOTW2 tease with nothing concrete

Lillie

Would like to see (long-shots):

-All Pokemon DS/3DS ported to Switch
-Mario Galaxy 2 free DLC for 3D All-Stars
-Chrono Trigger for Switch
-N64 Switch Online
-Zelda Remasters (OoT, MM, TP, SS, WW)

daclynk

We'll probably see:

Super Mario Galaxy 3
Eternal Darkness 2
F-Zero HX
Chrono Trigger II
The Conduit III
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Tactics Ogre 2
Final Fantasy Tactics 2
Bayonetta 3
Breath of Fire 7
so sad this hurts my heart.

Nautilus

Banned
Predicting how much time I believe they will spend on each part:

10 minutes covering DLC/expansion for existing games(Smash, Animal Crossing, Age of Calamity)

10 minutes covering third party games that we already knew about but wasn't on Switch yet.

5 minutes recaping games that we already knew were comming to the Switch(BD II, MH Rise, Pokemon Snap, etc)

20 minutes focused on new games announced for the first half

5 to 10 minutes focused on games that will release on the second half of the year or further down the line.

Some Smash Bros. Ultimate news, and some games coming out in the first half of 2021, plus a flagship title for holiday 2021 with a teaser trailer

Nautilus

Banned
Oh, and considering how efficient Monlith is, and that they have released something every year( and that they have developing a new game ever since January 2018) there is a very good possibility that we might see something Monolith related this year.

Termite

Two years? 2020 was shit but 2019 had lots of first party games.
2019 wasn't completely awful - especially on paper - but it was full of disappointments.

Yoshi's Crafted World was terrible, and such a letdown after Wooly World was pretty great. Three Houses was the game that along with Fates has killed off my interest in Fire Emblem forever - I hated it. Pokemon Sword Shield was a clusterfuck. Link's Awakening was about as bad a remake of one of my favourite games ever as I could imagine.

Okay, Luigi's Mansion 3 was great and Ring Fit Adventure is Nintendo's best new game in years.

Still, Mario Maker 2 was good but more of the same if you had the first (until the outstanding World update really elevated it to greatness), and Astral Chain was a mediocre action game.

Overall, that's 2 or 3 good games for me - a bad return. However most people loved Three Houses which paints the whole year in a very different light.

2021 should easily beat that.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Alright, shock aside, let's see:

Would love to see:
Metroid Prime trilogy on Switch
BOTW2 2022 release date
Mario Odyssey 2
New 2D Zelda game / Oracle remake (the second being my absolute most wanted thing here no joke)
I would see those talked about at E3 and not at this Direct. Too early for some of them.

jaysius

Banned
"We will show you a bunch of IPs you loved used in awful ways, and a bunch of shitty shovelware nobody wants, but you'll buy because you want more games for your sad Switch, also we'll show you the ONE game we're putting out this quarter we consider a good IP that few people actually like"

Lethal01

IT's my grandma's 80th birthday therefore we will be receving.
2 minutes of BoTW2 gameplay and a June 2021 release date.
A Kid Icarus Uprising remaster for switch.
Mario Kart DLC
and ARMS 2 BAYBEEEE

Woopah

2019 wasn't completely awful - especially on paper - but it was full of disappointments.

Yoshi's Crafted World was terrible, and such a letdown after Wooly World was pretty great. Three Houses was the game that along with Fates has killed off my interest in Fire Emblem forever - I hated it. Pokemon Sword Shield was a clusterfuck. Link's Awakening was about as bad a remake of one of my favourite games ever as I could imagine.

Okay, Luigi's Mansion 3 was great and Ring Fit Adventure is Nintendo's best new game in years.

Still, Mario Maker 2 was good but more of the same if you had the first (until the outstanding World update really elevated it to greatness), and Astral Chain was a mediocre action game.

Overall, that's 2 or 3 good games for me - a bad return. However most people loved Three Houses which paints the whole year in a very different light.

2021 should easily beat that.
That's fair. I quite enjoyed Links Awakening and, while there wasn't too many things that I was personally interested in, I felt they had a good number of published titles with nice genre variety and the right mix between established franchises and new IPs.

Mozza

Can't wait to watch 20 minutes of Smash, then 20 minutes of indies constantly checking the timer as it approaches 50 minutes and then get one proper game at the end.

This guy Knows, he's onto Nintendo, they have been getting away with this stuff for years now. ;)

Top Bottom