• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct EU [and now US] about Wii U + 3DS on 5th Dec @ 5pm GMT

If they really want to get people hyped for 3DS and Wii U they could show off a teaser trailer of the next Smash Bros. Even if it doesn't make it out for 2013, the hype would be incredible.

brainpann

I hope Nintendo starts talking about the Wii U VC and HOPEFULLY Gamecube downloads. That will probably still be a months off though....

Brofield

It started at the Pre-E3 2012 Nintendo Direct where Iwata was found holding and staring at a banana for a good amount of time after a video segment showing Donkey Kong's Crash Course from Nintendo Land, but he never actually acknowledges the banana or why he was doing that afterwards.

Last month, Trinen was simply holding an orange after some discussion involving a Wii U feature (Wii U Chat? I don't remember), but there was absolutely no context to it. None, and it's done in the exact same fashion as Iwata.

It's a safe bet that they're alluding to something.
It's not really a safe bet they're alluding to something. Iwata was making a Donkey Kong joke with the bananas. That became an oft-quoted meme on forums, so Trinen just referenced the meme. That's it.

Fair enough, Nintendo has done stranger things, I guess.

Once is an incident,
Twice is a coincidence,
Three is a pattern.

We'll see tomorrow, then.

TriGen

Even if we don't get anything new revealed, I hope we at least get some solid releases dates announced. AC, LM, W101, and Pikmin 3 releases dates would be nice. I honestly wouldn't be surprised, though, if we get some new footage, but don't get many dates, more "soon" comments incoming, is my guess.

Seda

I know it's a ways off yet, but are we just going to use this thread to discuss the Nintendo Directs tomorrow? Or make a new thread, or threads? (One for each?)

Effect

I wonder if this is going to be a situation where it pays to watch all the streams at once. Since NoE and NoA are having one I wonder when NCL will announce theirs.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Just received a swapnote (Letter Box) message from Satoru Shibata advertising this on my 3DS - sadly using the same old Wii U stationery.

Hello everyone! I want to invite you to watch the next
Nintendo Direct about Wii U & Nintendo 3DS
Tune in at the Nintendo Direct website on 5th December at 18:00 CET
We'll look at games for 2012 & early 2013. See you soon. Saturo. [Signature]

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
If Yoshi's Land, a true successor to Yoshi's Island, gets announced. I may cry tears of pure joy. Listening to the soundtrack now, mm. Can't wait, even if it's just new info/trailers for announced games.

It's not going to be nearly as good as the original, don't get your hopes up. We already went through this twice with Yoshi Story and Yoshi's Island DS.

Especially don't get your hopes up if it's Good Feel developing like was rumored a while ago, who make lovely looking games but not much else.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm not expecting Yoshi's Land to be revealed tomorrow, I would expect that for a Japanese Direct or a simultaneous one for all 3 regions...

But if it is shown, bricks will be shat. Tears of manly joy will be shed.

Tears shed over a videogame announcement are the opposite of manly. Manbably, maybe.

I hope Nintendo starts talking about the Wii U VC and HOPEFULLY Gamecube downloads. That will probably still be a months off though....

Yeah, the Virtual Console was always a killer app for me.

I hope Prime Trilogy shows up sooner than later on the eShop too. Not paying $100 + for that.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
¡ɟɐƃoǝu ǝpısuı pǝddɐɹʇ ɯ,ı ǝɯ dןǝɥ

Drago

Hopefully... HOPEFULLY... NoA will announce their giving out a free 3DS game download for XL owners tomorrow, like in Europe. I want my free Art Academy!

Maybe they'll announce a new 3DS color to-ahahahahha yeah right
If anything, it would just be the pink one that's already been kinda released :(

MrT-Tar

I don't know if it has already been mentioned, but the Euro eShop is undergoing maintenance now. :D

If that Game Freak rhythm-action game gets announced, that alone will satisfy me.

Also, what does gaf think about the chances of an announcement of the Inazuma Eleven trilogy pack for the 3DS for Europe; we haven't got the third game iirc, so it would be a logical release in my opinion

Appleman

Yeah, the Virtual Console was always a killer app for me.

I hope Prime Trilogy shows up sooner than later on the eShop too. Not paying $100 + for that.

God, I WOULD pay $100 for the Prime Trilogy in HD on the Wii U. Praying that they talk about GC games soon...

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
If they really want to get people hyped for 3DS and Wii U they could show off a teaser trailer of the next Smash Bros. Even if it doesn't make it out for 2013, the hype would be incredible.

UGH. My body wouldn't be ready for this.

I seriously doubt that they would reveal anytime early than E3 2013.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Just testing an old Nintendo Direct on the WiiU browser while searching GAF at the same time. Works flawlessly!

I really hope that something special is announced or at least we get a hype trailer/teaser (Smash Bro Wii U) Because there is nothing going on for Wii U you cant get on PC/360/PS3 for the most part...

Think ill be holding out till Monster Hunter 3 hits 3DS and Wii U

NickMitch

FYI: Here in europe at least, the WiiU E-shop is undergoing maintenance just now. So we might get some new stuff for tomorrow.

piteru

Banned
wouldnt be incredible if nintendo released a <nintendo direct> app for wiiu??
imagine seeing iwata-shibata magic through the gamepad....

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
wouldnt be incredible if nintendo released a <nintendo direct> app for wiiu??
imagine seeing iwata-shibata magic through the gamepad....

Why do that when they can just release them through the eShop like they already do?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
It's not going to be nearly as good as the original, don't get your hopes up. We already went through this twice with Yoshi Story and Yoshi's Island DS.

Especially don't get your hopes up if it's Good Feel developing like was rumored a while ago, who make lovely looking games but not much else.

If it's Good Feel, I'll get joy. I felt Wario Shake It was great playing, and Epic Yard played and felt incredibly well and was great fun. It was just tuned to be as incredibly easy for kid access.

Really, of all the second-party-ish teams, I'd peg Good Feel as the best choice to do a Yoshi game right now.

Beckx

You and me both.

I'd also happily accept any information relating to Bayo2 and TW101, though!

Give me a solid release date & more vids for TW101 and I'll be happy. And formally announce that the ninja will no longer kill Kamiya if he talks about the game.

Today
I had an idea
For a game

Elite beat Agents U

It would be perfect on this console. Please, Nintendo.

That would be so cool!!

I really think they should announce something new and mindblowing to get great christmas sales. But somehow i doubt they will...
Lego City release date and some new footage is what i hope for and expect.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Is Miiverse supposed to come to the 3DS or just NNIDS?

In the Nintendo Direct where Miiverse initially debuted, Iwata said it was hitting "browser-based devices, including 3DS and smartphones." I haven't seen official word anywhere that NNIDs would be hitting 3DS even though it seems like it should. I certainly wouldn't say it's a foregone conclusion just yet.

Linkup

Wii U OS update talk. TVii release.
Tease Q1 games, TR, NFS, SC? Nope Mother 4 3DS!
eShop releases

I expect half this much.

Fair enough, Nintendo has done stranger things, I guess.

Once is an incident,
Twice is a coincidence,
Three is a pattern.

We'll see tomorrow, then.

With this Yoshi's Land news/rumour I'd imagine that they're teasing that game - it might not have started that way, but I think that's what it has grown into. (I also feel crazy slow that I only just put that together :p)

Who is this? I assume some localization house? Curious for more...

No, the Australian studio that developed ME3 Wii U. They mentioned in previous interviews that they were porting an AAA title to the system, and a LinkedIn page inadvertently revealed it to be an SE title.

Tomb Raider would make the most sense, but last I heard, Crystal Dynamics was still denying it.

Lightning Returns would also make sense on the platform, but I doubt there's even any English documentation for Crystal Tools.

Misguided

Banned
Tears shed over a videogame announcement are the opposite of manly. Manbably, maybe.

image.php

Top Bottom