• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2015

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So, I apologize for saying Mighty No. 9 is the next big-name indie coming to Wii U. It's delayed until September and is now published by Deep Silver.

It's ok. I mean they said April, and then never mentioned shit till now when April was almost over with no release in sight.

I think we all knew it was gonna be a few more months.

jholmes

It's ok. I mean they said April, and then never mentioned shit till now when April was almost over with no release in sight.

I think we all knew it was gonna be a few more months.

Honestly the delay doesn't bother me at all. Mighty No. 9 is miles better than the average Kickstarter in terms of release date.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX demo hitting Japan on May 13. Considering the US got a demo for Project Diva on both Vita & PS3, hoping this demo hits the US as well.

....kind of keep forgetting that's coming out so soon.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I think I answered this before already when you asked it the first time. No it did not change anything because there was no firmware update.

Oh snap, I must've missed your reply. Oh well, it's unfortunate but hopefully hackers somehow get hold of the wrapper and find some use for it in the future. Thanks for the (second) reply man

Robin64

Why you might want to go retail for MN9 instead of digital:

CDwk4mHWIAAtGaX.jpg:large

deadfolk

So I'm thinking of picking up a Wii U. Is there any reason to think the Mario Kart bundle in EU will be discontinued any time soon?

TheMoon

Not really much of a mp gamer, so I'm not too concerned about Splatoon, tbh. I'd definitely get more mileage (no pun intended) from Mario Kart.

Ironically, I'd say Splatoon is looking to be the superior single player game over MK8. The latter really doesn't have much for you to do after beating a cup once (unless you're looking for pain and want to 3-star 200cc - the Dark Souls of kart racers :p). Splatoon has a proper singleplayer campaign. But I guess if you know you'd be hardcore into just racing against CPU then MK8 will be fine, too.

Ladekabel

So I'm thinking of picking up a Wii U. Is there any reason to think the Mario Kart bundle in EU will be discontinued any time soon?

As someone who has bought the Mario Kart bundle when the free game promotion was happening last year, I'd recommend going for another bundle that has Nintendoland included. Don't get me wrong, MK8 is fantastic but I saw a few bundles in stores (in Germany) with Nintendoland and another game which is in my opinion a better deal.

So yeah, consider going for the Splatoon-bundle.

deadfolk

As someone who has bought the Mario Kart bundle when the free game promotion was happening last year, I'd recommend going for another bundle that has Nintendoland included. Don't get me wrong, MK8 is fantastic but I saw a few bundles in stores (in Germany) with Nintendoland and another game which is in my opinion a better deal.

So yeah, consider going for the Splatoon-bundle.

None of the bundles around these parts seem to have Nintendoland included anyway.

Ondore

I believe so far we know Amiibo Tap and Paper Mario for Wii U, and Karous for 3DS. Honestly, with Amiibo Tap there that may be it.

An-Det

I think this is the best thread to ask this? I'm looking to do the upgrade of a Wii VC game to Wii U's (Mario 64 and Paper Mario), but I got my copies from Club Nintendo codes. When I look at the eshop on my Wii U they show as the default $10, so can you not do the $2 upgrade from CN copies of games?

BooJoh

Ironically, I'd say Splatoon is looking to be the superior single player game over MK8. The latter really doesn't have much for you to do after beating a cup once (unless you're looking for pain and want to 3-star 200cc - the Dark Souls of kart racers :p). Splatoon has a proper singleplayer campaign. But I guess if you know you'd be hardcore into just racing against CPU then MK8 will be fine, too.

:lol okay, "the Dark Souls of ____" has officially run its course. No pun intended. :p

TheMoon

I think this is the best thread to ask this? I'm looking to do the upgrade of a Wii VC game to Wii U's (Mario 64 and Paper Mario), but I got my copies from Club Nintendo codes. When I look at the eshop on my Wii U they show as the default $10, so can you not do the $2 upgrade from CN copies of games?

Paper Mario isn't out yet. Just to cover all bases, you did transfer your Wii stuff to the actual Wii U, right?

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

amiibo tap: Nintendo’s Greatest Bits – Discover definitive moments from classic Nintendo games. Download the free amiibo tap: Nintendo’s Greatest Bits application in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U and tap any amiibo figure to the Wii U GamePad controller to unlock scenes from select NES and Super NES Wii U Virtual Console games. At least one amiibo figure (sold separately) is required to use this software.

Virtual Console on Wii U

Paper Mario – After Bowser steals the Star Rod and kidnaps Princess Peach, Mario plots to rescue the seven Star Spirits and free the Mushroom Kingdom from the Koopa’s rule. The turn-based battle system of this classic Nintendo 64 RPG will make fighting Bowser’s baddies equal parts strategy and timing.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition Demo – Download the free demo version of Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition before the full game launches in stores and in the Nintendo eShop. Intuitive drag-and-match puzzle game play and classic Mushroom Kingdom characters combine to create one of the most unique puzzle/RPG games ever. The full version of the Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition game, which gives you two complete games in one package, launches May 22.

Nintendo eShop Sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Shin’en Spring Sale – Big savings on select games from Shin’en for spring! Check out these great deals in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U beginning at 9 a.m. PT on April 30 until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 21. Visit http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers for more details.
How to Train Your Dragon 2 on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, Monster High: 13 Wishes on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, Young Justice: Legacy and more titles from Little Orbit are on sale beginning at 9 a.m. PT on May 1 until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 31.
Kung Fu Rabbit on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS is 70 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $1.49 each) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 7.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Pentapuzzle, Toss N Go and other titles from RCMADIAX are up to 50 percent off until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 24.
Zacisa’s Last Stand is 65 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $0.69) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 14.
TNT Racers – Nitro Machines Edition is 37 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 14.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Castle Conqueror Defender, Demon King Box and Quell Memento from Circle Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 21.
Shin Megami Tensei IV is 50 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $14.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on May 4 until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 11.
3D Game Collection, FunFair Party Games and Murder on the Titanic from Joindots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 14.
Tiny Games – Knights & Dragons is 50 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 14.
AeternoBlade is 46 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $7.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on May 1 until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 17.
Winter Sports: Feel the Spirit is 40 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $5.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 1.

Activities:

Mega May Starts Next Week – Voting is now over. Check back on May 7 to see which classic Mega Man game fans decided should be released first. For the entire month of May, Nintendo and Capcom are celebrating everyone’s favorite blue bomber with six game releases in the Virtual Console on Wii U. The Game Boy Advance versions of Mega Man Zero 2, Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue, Mega Man Battle Network 3 White, Mega Man Battle Network 4 Red Sun, Mega Man Battle Network 4 Blue Moon and Mega Man & Bass will land in the Nintendo eShop throughout the month.

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Hunter’s Weapon Gallery (Available May 1-July 1)

Also new this week:

Star Wars Pinball – New DLC (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Adventure Bar Story – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Heart Beaten (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
KAROUS – THE BEAST OF RE:EDEN (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
My Horse 3D – Best Friends (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

terrisus

For the entire month of May, Nintendo and Capcom are celebrating everyone’s favorite blue bomber with six game releases in the Virtual Console on Wii U. The Game Boy Advance versions of Mega Man Zero 2, Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue, Mega Man Battle Network 3 White, Mega Man Battle Network 4 Red Sun, Mega Man Battle Network 4 Blue Moon and Mega Man & Bass will land in the Nintendo eShop throughout the month.

Anything here that I should actually care about? >.>

Robin64

I'll be nabbing Kung Fu Rabbit today.

Along with amiibo Touch and Play, Kirby's Pinball Land, and Kirby's Star Stacker.

maxcriden

Kung Fu Rabbit is good right?

Reposting :)

Kung Fu Rabbit (Neko Entertainment) €1.49 / £1.29 / CHF 2.09 until 07.05.2015, 22:59 UTC. Regular price €4.99 / £4.49 / CHF 7.00

Dudes.

DUDES.

My thread about the game:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=773465

Credit to Hero of Legend for getting me to pick up this game on Wii U. Here's his original LTTP thread for this game.

This is a basic 2D platformer, of which there are already quite a few available on the 3DS. There's just something special about this one, though. You traverse through bite-size levels and you can stick to walls. Touching black goo immediately kills you. You have infinite levels. I've never played Super Meat Boy but I've heard this described as SMB lite. I'm sure it's not as hard, although 100%ing the game offers plenty of content and increased, significant difficulty. It's definitely significantly more difficult than a Kirby game (I do love Kirby games, though). Anyway, the game is charming in a 2D hand-drawn Kung Fu Panda kind of way. The music is catchy and the artwork is gorgeous.

Pro-tip: collect the carrots for added difficulty (a la star coins in NSMB) but don't buy power-ups, they're like a super guide or White Tanooki-style item.

TL;DR: it's $5 €1.49 / £1.29 / CHF 2.09 and offers tons of fun and content.

I can't vouch for the 3DS version since I haven't played it, but NLife seemed pleased with it:

Kung Fu Rabbit won’t blow you away with new gameplay innovations and cutting edge design, but it is nevertheless a fun game to play. More importantly, it’s well made, sporting finely tuned controls, stylish visuals and a good amount of challenge. It's well suited to the 3DS and while it may lack the high definition offered by its Wii U counterpart, it's not a huge loss as the beauty is really found in its art style. With lots of short stages, it’s a great pick-up-and-play title, making it a positive purchase for 3DS owners who take their system with them on the go.

maxcriden

What a busy screen.

I think making these demos time-limited is moderately silly. There's no reason why Nintendo needs to be concerned that players would have a few free levels of Super Mario World and get to play them with no time limit and thus decide that they don't want to spend an extra few bucks on the full game. All the time limit does is add unneeded stress to the experience of playing the demo.

What a busy screen.
zlCfzTTSFm460SF04v

I keep teetering between wanting the Remix games and not, but then I remember that I'm paying for demos of games I've played already. That's not fun.

I love how Smash does it, where you're given a certain amount of time to begin the game.

Robin64

I think making these demos time-limited is moderately silly. There's no reason why Nintendo needs to be concerned that players would have a few free levels of Super Mario World and get to play them with no time limit and thus decide that they don't want to spend an extra few bucks on the full game. All the time limit does is add unneeded stress to the experience of playing the demo.

Oh I don't disagree. These just feel like the Smash Bros "Masterpieces". Not a fan at all.

On the other hand, a time limit is far easier for Nintendo to put together. Load a ROM at a certain point, pop a time limit on, done. A demo based on amount of levels would require ROM modification, I guess.

This may just be the cheapest thing Nintendo have ever made. (in the literal "how much it cost to make" sense and not "look how shit it is" sense)

I keep teetering between wanting the Remix games and not, but then I remember that I'm paying for demos of games I've played already. That's not fun.

The NES Remix games are legitimately fun and to call them a demo is a bit of a disservice. They can be extremely challenging, and the Remix portion itself is genius at time.

TheMoon

I love how Smash does it, where you're given a certain amount of time to begin the game.

You're not paying for demos. You're paying for a mix of challenges from various games.

This may just be the cheapest thing Nintendo have ever made. (in the literal "how much it cost to make" sense and not "look how shit it is" sense)

Thankfully that's reflected in the price. :)

maxcriden

Wait, this means I have two things to ask you about, Dok.

One, why are you talkin' shit about Sticker Star in that other thread? ;)

Two, what do you mean by "demos" in NES Remix? The game has nothing to do with demos. At least, the first one.

maxcriden

The second doesn't either.

The second does a touch more than the first simply because of the nature of the games on offer. I agree with you that it's not really a compilation of demos at all, but in NES Remix 2 games like Zelda II and Kirby's Adventure have challenges more based on a bite-sized tour of the game vs. in the first game by the very arcade-y nature of many of the games like Excitebike and DK, you're being taught mastery of inherent skills in the game.

Top Bottom