• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - August 2015

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, ANOTHER delay not long before the game's release? It's already going to get pushed back close to the busy Sept. season.

I just hope I have the funds available to get it with the discount for downloading the demo.

GulAtiCa

It already appears ZaciSa page on EU eShop.

Yep!
CMI9KAnWEAAMv9v.jpg

So close. :)

Camjo-Z

I kind of want to get KORG DSN-12 but I'm scared it'll go on sale right after I do... I think if it doesn't happen by next week I'm going for it.

VegiHam

Because of the sparse PR I thought we might be getting a Nintendo Direct; but if we were they'd've announced so by now right? Any chance they've got a cool sale planned that'll be a surprise; or is this just a quiet week?

Ondore

Because of the sparse PR I thought we might be getting a Nintendo Direct; but if we were they'd've announced so by now right? Any chance they've got a cool sale planned that'll be a surprise; or is this just a quiet week?

It's possible to get one announced tomorrow for a Thursday air... or hell, the Direct Micro before E3 just dropped on YouTube out of nowhere. But it's probably just a quiet week outside of Wind-Up Knight and the VC stuff because of delays.

(Also, the ESRB hasn't leaked the VC games: I've been checking all day.)

VegiHam

It's possible to get one announced tomorrow for a Thursday air... or hell, the Direct Micro before E3 just dropped on YouTube out of nowhere. But it's probably just a quiet week outside of Wind-Up Knight and the VC stuff because of delays.

(Also, the ESRB hasn't leaked the VC games: I've been checking all day.)

I forgot America don't get news on a Monday like we do. I hope they do announce one but I shan't expect it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sometime tomorrow, we'll probably find out the VC titles considering ESRB tends to list them, then they're listed on Nintendo's site.

@MUWANdo

Banned

It's probably sparse because of obon week in Japan.

jholmes

Freedom Planet delayed again do to a console freeze bug. They are apparently still tracking it down, so no new release info yet. Though title does say Aug 20th

http://www.galaxytrail.com/forum/index.php/topic,233.new.html#new

What? But hard lock-ups don't stop Nicalis from releasing games!

(Only somewhat joking, I've had that happen in Binding of Isaac on Wii U in exactly one spot, but every time in that spot. Mostly disappointed because I want this game already.)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'd be willing to buy more of the Wii releases if they still did the $10 first week deal. $20 makes it much harder for me to pull the trigger.

Xenoboy

Buy Pandora guys, it's one of those hidden gems on the Wii and it can't be faulted for that. It released in 2012/13.

The game felt really refreshing, it's probably in my top 5 Wii games or very close to it.

I have a physical copy of Pandora's Tower but I never finished it. I can't decide if buying it digitally would increase my chances of finishing it or not.

TheMoon

I guess NOA really does consider Wii downloads as part of Virtual Console now?!? RIP logic but okay, I guess...^^

GulAtiCa

If I buy Pandora Tower, it will be my 3rd version of the game. lol. 1st verison is the special EU version that I bought before NA version even existed. Then 2nd version was the NA release. Now can get 3rd version! Should use this time to play it now. Only played a little.

Javier

I'm in for Pandora's Tower. I didn't get to play it so I'll give it a go.

Didn't the American release of PT have a game breaking glitch? I hope that got fixed for the eShop version.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Paper Mario turned 15 years old today. Should've celebrated with......*Paper Mario already on VC, TTYD won't happen, only choice is Super Paper Mario on Wii*.....

.......some kind of tweet.

Zeeman

Pandora's Tower can be played just on the gamepad, so that might get me to buy it.

Or is it a situation where it can technically be played on the pad, but motion controls are way better?

TheMoon

Pandora's Tower can be played just on the gamepad, so that might get me to buy it.

Or is it a situation where it can technically be played on the pad, but motion controls are way better?

Wiimote is the way to go. It was made for that. Classic controls is a huge huge downgrade for this game.

Umibozu

So I guess I was right about noa putting wii releases under the virtual console umbrella to further stagger their release schedule.
Btw this doesn't bode well for NA fans waiting for updates.

jholmes

I'd be willing to buy more of the Wii releases if they still did the $10 first week deal. $20 makes it much harder for me to pull the trigger.

Preach it. They're $25 in Canada now. I'm unlikely to buy any at that price, to be honest.

Paper Mario turned 15 years old today. Should've celebrated with......*Paper Mario already on VC, TTYD won't happen, only choice is Super Paper Mario on Wii*.....

.......some kind of tweet.

10% off Sticker Star!

It's like taking Tank Tank Tank and stripping out all of the arcade charm.

I thought Gatcha Racing released, which is why I went to the eShop in the first place, as it looks like a cool little RC Pro-am that I would actually put some time in. When I clicked the new releases button, I was met with BTH.

I like Natsume and it was only $5, so I figured why not. I've played about an hour and a half and cleared all but the last 15 or so missions. I've hit a wall where the game's become pretty much impossible.

EDIT: I also downloaded the demo for that Japanese Rail Sim game. I'm finding it...strangely enjoyable. (Not worth the $20 asking price at all, but I'd be down for $5 or less.)

BooJoh

So Mario Maker is up for digital pre-purchase and pre-load now in NA.

But wait, there's more!

For anyone who wants Mario Maker digitally but wanted the book that comes with the physical copy:

In US, Canada, and Mexico if you order digitally your receipt will have a toll-free phone number to call. All you have to do is give them your name, address, and Wii U serial number and they'll send you the physical Mario Maker idea booklet for free when the game releases. I just did this, it was quick and easy and my order is shown as pending on my Nintendo online store account.

I bought Whoa Dave when it was on sale for 96 cents, great little arcade game. I will definitely take advantage of cross buy, very cool they're doing this.

Hmm, excited to hear about Pandora's Tower, but... $19.99? I was hoping it'd go on sale like smg2 & the prime trilogy. I see the game on Kijij for around $10 every now & than too so, hmm, little hard to justify.

I do hope it get sale though, game is far to obscure & underrated. 1 of the better wii titles out there.

Top Bottom