• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2012

beje

Banned
Besides, the problem with demos in the eShop is not like "well, they have a demo in Japan so..." because they already have like a dozen there some of them for more than a month already. And you have to add that most of them are exactly the same as the ones in demo kioks so dumping them in the eShop is close to zero work. Extra bullshit potential when the japanese one for RE:R is already in every language and the game is going to be released in just two weeks in Europe. so the only feasible conclusion you can reach is PLAIN INCOMPETENCE and absolute lack of interest about the demo service.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
So I'm not a huge (video or otherwise) pinball guy, but I love the shit out of Pinball Pulse. Lack of Brian Blessed aside, would I enjoy Zen Pinball?
Zen Pinball has (currently) four tables, so chances are you'll like at least one of those. Also, the 3D is really nice and adds to the feel. *But* the fps is more fluid in 2D. So what I do is play a table in 3D until I get the proper feel of it, then switch to 2D for the extra fluidity.

so Pinball Pulse(my most fav game in a decade, right after Mario Galaxy) got readded to the eshop in pretty much every region except EU?

why the fuck don't they add it to the EU shop as well? come on, goddamnit shit fuck :((
I'm tired of switching from my 3DS to the DSi every day. also keeping both charged all the time sucks ass

Whoa! VVVVVVVVVV!!!!! Should I get it if I've finished the PC version?

I enjoyed replaying through it, and having it portable. It's a great port and the 3D is nice (although there was some ghosting for me.) The level editor is not included but they have included a large number of player made levels from the PC community. So there's quite a lot of content that you may not have played before.

mozfan12

Banned
Its just so stupid that they such a dearth of releases on the eshop for the last two weeks, especially since there are no major software releases for the 3DS this month up until Res. Revelations. Would have been a perfect oppurtunity to put more attention towards the eshop with VC, demos, and downloadable games.

Its just so stupid that they such a dearth of releases on the eshop for the last two weeks, especially since there are no major software releases for the 3DS this month up until Res. Revelations. Would have been a perfect oppurtunity to put more attention towards the eshop with VC, demos, and downloadable games.

What are you talking about? We got Pushmo, Mighty Switch Force, VVVVVV, and Zen Pinball all within weeks of each other. The E-Shop is finally picking up.

Nintendo needs to have something desireable on the eShop each and every week if they really want to build an audience and get to those growth targets Iwata gave out. And no, DSiWare and Nintendo Video do not count.

There's already a metric fuckton of Virtual Console and eShop games Japan's gotten that the west still lacks, weeks like this are weeks we should be getting stuff like that. NOA/NOE need to start plugging the holes or it's going to be Wii/DSi all over again.

tsab

What are you talking about? We got Pushmo, Mighty Switch Force, VVVVVV, and Zen Pinball all within weeks of each other. The E-Shop is finally picking up.

you got VVVVVV, I got kid icarus. So it's good
I am a little bit jelly though :p

Edit:

Kirby: Right back at Ya! Volume 1 will be available starting Jan. 14! (In NA.) on Nintendo Video.

Pretty cool.

Tom & Jelly 2

BY2K

Membero Americo
Kirby: Right back at Ya! Volume 1 will be available starting Jan. 14! (In NA.) on Nintendo Video.

Pretty cool.

Nintendo needs to have something desireable on the eShop each and every week if they really want to build an audience and get to those growth targets Iwata gave out. And no, DSiWare and Nintendo Video do not count.

There's already a metric fuckton of Virtual Console and eShop games Japan's gotten that the west still lacks, weeks like this are weeks we should be getting stuff like that. NOA/NOE need to start plugging the holes or it's going to be Wii/DSi all over again.

These weekly droughts wouldn't be so bad if Nintendo would actually put some older stuff on sale to encourage people to go back and check out stuff that they missed. But that would be far too not stupid for them.

BooJoh

An SD copy&launch method for DSiWare like on Wii wouldn't hurt either. I write off most DSiWare immediately simply because I don't want to deal with the space constraints and my already-full system memory.

But I certainly would like to see Picross-e and some of the other stuff we haven't gotten yet. And what's up with 3D Classics Kid Icarus? Is NoA going to put it off until Uprising launches despite the fact that Europe and Japan both already got it, and with a free promotion no less? That kind of stuff may have been fine pre-internet age but these days we know full well when we're getting secondary treatment.

These weekly droughts wouldn't be so bad if Nintendo would actually put some older stuff on sale to encourage people to go back and check out stuff that they missed. But that would be far too not stupid for them.

Weekly droughts? There have been significant titles pretty much every week, whether it be VC or 3DS software.

depward

Whoa! VVVVVVVVVV!!!!! Should I get it if I've finished the PC version?

YES. I've 11 hours on the clock and found it to be more enjoyable on the 3DS than playing through it on my Mac. Player levels also very much help extend the play experience (even though the Mac version had them + more, it's nice they included some in this release).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Or simply allow developers/publishers to arbitrarily change their own prices, and then they won't need to do anything, those groups will take over the responsibility of generating interest in the service :p

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Whats up with all those WiiWare demos... ? Nintendo must be trolling, the weeks where we demand 3DS demos they offer all WiiWare demos.

Perhaps RE isn't up because of the ratings? I doubt NoE will release a demo of a pegi 16 (usk 18 most likely) game in Europe. They do not trust in the knowledge of the parents and I think they are right about this sadly.

Perhaps RE isn't up because of the ratings? I doubt NoE will release a demo of a pegi 16 (usk 18 most likely) game in Europe. They do not trust in the knowledge of the parents and I think they are right about this sadly.

When or if the demo comes out you will most likely have to enter a birthday to download it. Hell you have to do that to watch the "What the Pitch" videos on Nintendo Videos.

Demo demo demos!
In a rather surprising turn of events, Nintendo has added back every demo that was ever on WiiWare.
nqLQ3.jpg
And yet, still no 3DS demos.

Shouldn't there have been a Nintendo Show 3D today? I hope they're not cancelling it. I thought it was pretty good. I noticed they also removed its section from the main eShop page too. They still have the videos in there somewhere though.

it's confirmed to have the FSK16 rating in germany. there's also a trailer and info of RE on the eshop already

Tunavi

Banned
Shouldn't there have been a Nintendo Show 3D today? I hope they're not cancelling it. I thought it was pretty good. I noticed they also removed its section from the main eShop page too. They still have the videos in there somewhere though.
and that girl is smoking hot

M3d10n

I just got Zen Pinball. I had to pause the game and come here to post this: yes, the 3DS *can* do antialiasing in 3D! Zen Pinball wins the crown of best IQ on the 3DS, hands down.

It's almost as clean as Capcom's Resident Evil Revelations bullshots. The game seems to be rendering at double the resolution and downscaling (aka: 4x SSAA) because it makes the textures very sharp but not shimmery.

Also, the framerate isn't locked and reaches 60fps in some parts of the table.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Spreadsheet updated...

I'm tempted to add all the Demos to the sheet, somewhere, but it doesn't seem to be worth the effort, really...

No seriously guys. How good is Kirby's Dream Land? I've only played K64 and Canvas Curse.

It is really easy and Kirby doesn't get powers like in the sequels. After you beat it, you can open up a harder mode. I really don't like it and I think Kirby sucks, but I'm sure Kirby fans love the fuck out it.

Roto13

No seriously guys. How good is Kirby's Dream Land? I've only played K64 and Canvas Curse.

It's good but not as good as most other entries in the main series since it's crazy short and Kirby can't copy his opponents' abilities. It's a pleasant enough little game, though.

Javier

Got Zen Pinball based on EuroGAF's comments on it and I'm loving it. Definitely one of the best Virtual Pinball games I've ever played. Very colorful (like a Pinball Machine should be), nice graphics, and GREAT physics.

Top Bottom