• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2016

steveovig

I'm a little late to the Pokemon Picross party but is there a way to play the puzzles without using powers, etc.? I haven't played the free version in a while but I remember being put off by all the reliance on powers and abilities, when I just wanted to solve shit. If I were to purchase the full content, is there any way to just play the puzzles without help, etc.?

I'm going through a Picross phase right now, and this is the only game I have yet to play much of. I still need to beat the Picross game on Steam but that's beside the point.

MANUELF

Banned
I'm a little late to the Pokemon Picross party but is there a way to play the puzzles without using powers, etc.? I haven't played the free version in a while but I remember being put off by all the reliance on powers and abilities, when I just wanted to solve shit. If I were to purchase the full content, is there any way to just play the puzzles without help, etc.?

I'm going through a Picross phase right now, and this is the only game I have yet to play much of. I still need to beat the Picross game on Steam but that's beside the point.

After the tutorial you are never required to use any pokemon but if you dont you wont be able to 100% it

donny2112

Does Golden Sun Lost Age VC have ability to get the the link transfer data from the first game?

It has the same password feature of the first game, so, yes, if you can stand inputting a super-long password once. I'm really stoked to play through those two again (already bought them on VC), but I'm also stoked to play through the Oracle games again, and I got those at launch. (-_-) I think I need to skip the next generation of systems just to catch up on my backlog of awesome games to play (and many to play again) ...

Thanks for the tip, I think I can deal with that.

Cool. The actual game is done pretty well for an NES actiony-RPG. Neat bosses. Interesting story. The water puzzle. I have the two on NES, and got fed up with the health thing, so actually finished them both with my
Game-Genie
. Very unique games with interesting styles once
losing health/attack power
was no longer an issue! For the VC release, definitely use some save points, as there are some
instant kill rooms
scattered about, as well.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So I am not sure if this was known but I interviewed the dev for the upcoming game Tumblestone and it has been confirmed that a New 3DS version is in the works, albeit for later on down the line.

L~A

Sorry, bit late due to Pokémon stuff.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Kick & Fennick – Kick & Fennick is an action-filled adventure about Kick, a young boy battling to help his robot companion, Fennick. Join them as they blast, bounce and bound their way through 45 challenging levels. Adding a unique twist to the gameplay, Kick’s gun not only blasts baddies, but its recoil can also be used to launch the lad through various areas of each level! Puzzles, platforms and power-ups await in Kick & Fennick. Click here to view the trailer.

Virtual Console on Wii U

Metroid Prime Hunters – A ferocious race, now extinct, has left behind relics of its once-powerful warrior culture. Now six fierce bounty hunters from across the galaxy will challenge Samus in a race to claim these relics in hopes of harnessing their power for themselves.

Virtual Console on New Nintendo 3DS

Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie’s Double Trouble – In the third game in the Super NES Donkey Kong Country trilogy, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong have gone missing! Play as Dixie Kong or Kiddy Kong and take advantage of each of their unique abilities as they throw each other into action in more than 40 levels.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS), DuckTales Remastered (Wii U) and more games from Capcom are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 6.
Jones on Fire (Wii U), Murder on the Titanic (Nintendo 3DS) and more games from Joindots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 9.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Stone Shire is 35 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 1.
Rock ’N Racing Off Road is 50 percent off (reduced from $5.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 23.
The Perplexing Orb is 50 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 16.
Art of Balance is 25 percent off (reduced from $8.99 to $6.70) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 23.
Trine 2: Director’s Cut and Trine Enchanted Edition from Frozenbyte are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 23.
Epic Dumpster Bear and Puzzle Monkeys from Log Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.
Land it Rocket is 65 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to 99 cents) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 23.
Life of Pixel is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 23.
Explody Bomb and Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility from Alkterios are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 23.
Astral Breakers and Emojikara: A Clever Emoji Match Game from Intropy Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 16.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Parascientific Escape Cruise in the Distant Seas and Wakedas from CIRCLE Ent. are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 23.
Music On: Electronic Guitar is 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to 99 cents) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 12.
Sadame is 33 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 16.
The Magic Hammer, Toy Stunt Bike and more games from Wobbly Tooth LTD are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.

New DLC:

Fire Emblem Fates – New DLC Maps: V: Endless Dawn – Led by Shigure, the party storms the enemy. Part 5 of Heirs of Fate for the Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright and Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest games is now available for $1.99.
Fire Emblem Fates – Map Pack 2 DLC – Across dimensions, other versions of the Hoshidan and Nohrian children are under attack. Born and raised in the Deeprealms, these fledgling warriors must now rise up to save themselves and their parents as they unravel the mystery of their adversaries. In this six-map series, units leveled up in the main game cannot lend support. Devise a strategy using a fresh team and reap the rewards, but only if all of your units survive. You can receive all six maps as they are released by purchasing Map Pack 2 for only $7.99.

Also new this week:

SSSnakes (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
B3 Game Expo for Bees (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
153 Hand Video Poker (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

Pandy

Metroid Prime Hunters wow lol

that game has got to be hard as hell to play on a Wii U Gamepad

There's no way the online multi-player for that is accessible, right?
It'll have gone down along with Mario Kart Wii, etc.

-shadow-

What happened to Square Enix releasing Wii U VC? Don't tell me it was just Advance GBA.

Outside of a few exceptions they seem to not care at all (well except for Europe apparently regarding SMRPG).

There's no way the online multi-player for that is accessible, right?
It'll have gone down along with Mario Kart Wii, etc.

Sadly it's dead along with all multiplayer games on DS and Wii that went through the NWC. I really want to replay Hunters online again :(

Ondore

There's Amazon listings now for Runbow (on 3DS!) and Tumblestone (for Xbox One, but with Wii U box art) getting physical releases. The hell is going on?

-shadow-

I've never played Hunters. Is it worth it with only Single Player offline?

I enjoyed the game, but in all fairness the game isn't really special. It does feel like a proper Metroid game, but a lot of the stuff just doesn't seem really well thought out especially the boss fights are terrible and reused three times.... But considering the game was supposedly reworked between the demo and launch it's understandable.

tolkir

Week 22 finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• DuckTales: Remastered (Capcom, $5.10 until 06/06, then $14.99)
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Capcom, $5.99 until 06/06, then $14.99)
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcom | $13.59 until 06/06, then $39.99)
  • Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom | $9.99 until 06/06, then $39.99)
  • Jones on Fire and more games from Joindots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 9.
  • Astral Breakers and Emojikara: A Clever Emoji Match Game from Intropy Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 16.
  • The Perplexing Orb is 50 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 16.
  • Art of Balance is 25 percent off (reduced from $8.99 to $6.70) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 23.
  • Trine 2: Director’s Cut and Trine Enchanted Edition from Frozenbyte are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 23.
  • Rock ’N Racing Off Road is 50 percent off (reduced from $5.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 23.
  • Land it Rocket is 65 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to 99 cents) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 23.
  • Life of Pixel is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 23.
  • Epic Dumpster Bear and Puzzle Monkeys from Log Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.
  • Explody Bomb and Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility from Alkterios are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 23.
  • Stone Shire is 35 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 1.

New Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Fire Emblem Fates (Nintendo)
    Endless Dawn ($1.99) *Included in Map Pack 2*

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Mega Man Legacy Collection (Capcom | $9.99 until 06/06, then $14.99)
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcom | $13.99 until 06/06, then $19.99)
  • Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom | $4.99 until 06/06, then $19.99)
  • Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (Capcom | $4.99 until 06/06, then $19.99)
  • Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (Capcom | $4.99 until 06/06, then $19.99)
  • Murder on the Titanic and more games from Joindots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 9.
  • Sadame is 33 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 16.
  • Parascientific Escape Cruise in the Distant Seas and Wakedas from CIRCLE Ent. are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 23.
  • The Magic Hammer, Toy Stunt Bike and more games from Wobbly Tooth LTD are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.
  • Music On: Electronic Guitar is 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to 99 cents) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 12.

vYU92.png

Wii U | Sales

• Jones on Fire (Joindots) - €2.99/£2.29 (Ends June 16, normally €5.99/£4.59)
  • Queen's Garden (Joindots) - €5.59/£4.39 (Ends June 16, normally €6.99/£5.49)
  • Art of Balance (Shin'en Multimedia) - €6.70/£5.36 (Ends June 23, normally €8.99/£7.15)
  • Rock 'N Racing Off Road (EnjoyUp Games) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends June 30, normally €5.99/£5.39)
  • 99Seconds (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/£1.34 (Ends June 30, normally €2.49/£2.29)
  • Darts Up (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/£1.34 (Ends June 30, normally €2.49/£2.29)
  • Epic Dumpster Bear (Log Games) - €4.49/£3.49 (Ends June 30, normally €6.49/£4.99)
  • Puzzle Monkeys (Log Games) - €1.49/£1.49 (Ends June 30, normally €2.99/£2.99)

New Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• Fire Emblem Fates (Nintendo)
    Map 4 Ghostly Gold (€2.49 | £2.29) *Included in Map Pack 1*
    Map 5 Museum Melee (€2.49 | £2.29) *Included in Map Pack 1*

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• 3D MahJongg (Joindots) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends June 16, normally €4.99/£4.49)
  • Gardenscapes (Joindots) - €5.99/£4.49 (Ends June 16, normally €7.99/£5.99)
  • Murder on the Titanic (Joindots) - €5.35/£4.00 (Ends June 16, normally €7.99/£5.99)
  • Safari Quest (Joindots) - €4.68/£3.33 (Ends June 16, normally €6.99/£4.99)
  • Parascientific Escape Cruise in the Distant Seas (CIRCLE Ent.) - €3.99/£3.19 (Ends June 23, normally €4.99/£3.99)
  • WAKEDAS (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.69 (Ends June 23, normally €2.99/£2.49)
  • Football Up Online (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends June 30, normally €3.99/£3.59)
  • Battleminer (Woobly Tooth) - €3.29/£2.99 (Ends June 30, normally €4.99/£4.49)
  • The Magic Hammer (Woobly Tooth) - €1.99/£1.99 (Ends June 30, normally €2.99/£2.99)
  • Toy Stunt Bike (Woobly Tooth) - €1.99/£1.99 (Ends June 30, normally €2.99/£2.99)
  • GLORY OF GENERALS (CIRCLE Ent.) - €6.99/£6.09 (Permanent, was €9.99/£7.99)

uxwGK.png

Wii U | Sales

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

donny2112

Announced at E3 or shortly after via Direct, I'd expect. That or we probably aren't getting it this year. Also probably want to wait on any eShop purchases until E3 to see if there are sales around then.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
YES. I knew Mega Man Legacy 3DS would go on sale at some point, but I didn't think it'd be so soon!! I mean, it's only - $5 off but hey that's something! Way cheaper than retail too!

Also: everyone should buy Duck Tales Remastered on WiiU if you haven't already. WORTH IT.

Javier

I could see Nintendo doing a stealth announcement of Mother 3 like they did last year with Earthbound Beginnings.

What would the localized name be, though? Earthbound Endings? Finale? Revelations?

Zeeman

I could see Nintendo doing a stealth announcement of Mother 3 like they did last year with Earthbound Beginnings.

What would the localized name be, though? Earthbound Endings? Finale? Revelations?

Earthbound 2: The Earthboundening

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
How Big John Games (Cube Creator 3D) discovered the Japanese success and loved it

http://www.postbulletin.com/news/lo...cle_7ce60c0f-7f52-57aa-a6a9-841009d8ef99.html

Also, I found this tidbit to be strangely intriguing

And in a combo of both business success and personal pride, Nintendo invited Big John Games and its Japan region publishing partner, Arc System Works, to a meeting to discuss upcoming projects and partnerships. Big John Games may even have early access to Nintendo's upcoming home console, the clandestine Nintendo NX, which would allow the company to create a "Cube Creator" type of game for that platform, as well.

"In the meantime, Arc and us decided we would make another 3DS game while we wait for NX access," Patterson said.

GulAtiCa

Yep, Hunters sucked when it came to SP. It was mainly a MP game. The offline MP vs Bots was kinda fun to do. But not worth $10 without online.

DKC3 on 3DS!!

*crickets*

Well I'm happy

Bought it on Wii U. Will probably not double dip. Like the game a lot, but the lack of cross save really ruins it for me.

Side question: do N64 games flicker for you guys? I was playing SM64, and it constantly flickered.

Refyref

It sucks that there's no way to play Hunters MP on VC (bots notwithstanding, even though they're nice), as it's a really fun arena shooter.

TheMoon

Just wanna say, Futuridium is an awesome game with a really really really really cool electro soundtrack.

donny2112

Mod Bot finally replied. Glad I made it a 24-hour countdown, so it's not already over. :p Humble Bundle unused codes. Enjoy!
ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 6 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1226217.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (donny2112, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

x0NgVuQ.png
Citizens of Earth (Wii U, eShop) -- MB-B0742362C5EC063F - Taken by TehOh. 1 entrants total.
x0NgVuQ.png
Retro City Rampage Nintendo 3DS Theme (3DS, eShop) -- MB-AC97EDD1983A3A37 - Taken by zroid. 1 entrants total.
x0NgVuQ.png
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (Wii U, eShop) -- MB-07873F075C0E95CC - Taken by Kaleo. 1 entrants total.
x0NgVuQ.png
Runbow (Wii U, eShop) -- MB-6A0BCEC7A5D494B1 - Taken by GWX. 1 entrants total.
x0NgVuQ.png
Swords and Soldiers II (Wii U, eShop) -- MB-BC6E4B1AD833B0DB - Taken by Massa. 2 entrants total.
x0NgVuQ.png
Retro City Rampage DX (3DS, eShop) -- MB-2FBEB8E647BF3C31 - Taken by astrogamer. 1 entrants total.

t1465061982z1.png

Pandy

Yep, Hunters sucked when it came to SP. It was mainly a MP game. The offline MP vs Bots was kinda fun to do. But not worth $10 without online.

I kinda agree with this. I don't have many memories of the SP, but I did have a good time with the MP while the online population (and hence matchmaking) was still good.

Don't think I'll be in just for the SP. Especially as I still have the Prime Trilogy to replay on WiiU.

PtM

Banned
I kinda agree with this. I don't have many memories of the SP, but I did have a good time with the MP while the online population (and hence matchmaking) was still good.

Don't think I'll be in just for the SP. Especially as I still have the Prime Trilogy to replay on WiiU.
And Prime 2 has multiplayer.

Did anyone try B3 game Expo for Bees? I'm curious about it, it looks fun, but I'd like at least one review or impressions from a Neogafer before buying it :)

I haven't played too much yet, I'm in the middle of chapter 2, but I want to throw some positive word toward Kick & Fennick. So far it's pretty simple, but quite fun. It also looks like it will be ramping up quite well in difficulty. Basically you have a gun that does massive recoil as your means of jumping. So far it has been mostly traversal puzzles, but I'm also starting to get into some enemies to attack/avoid, as well as some variation on the gun (a couple levels with greatly increased recoil). If you're on the fence, consider this an early recommendation!

Top Bottom