• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2016

Orgen

Many debates over the years about which is better, NES Remix 1 or 2.

2 has the better selection of games, but the tasks it asks you to do boil down to "Play this bit of the game". 1's games are older, arcadier, and so have more inventive tasks.

They each have entirely seperate games, though.

If you get both, you also unlock Championship Mode, where you play a small selection of games like the Nintendo World Championship and compete for an online high score.

So you're telling me that I should spend 10€ and get both? Robinnnnnnn you only bring me bad news lately! I'm starting to become a Batman fan :(

Btw how's your game going? Do you have a launch date? (now is when you tell me that it already launched and I didn't notice hahaha)

And thanks to Zonic and Linkstrikesback for your answers :)

Robin64

The NES Remix Pack, for some reason, never came out in Europe.

Buying both 1 and 2 in this sale is by far the best thing to do. And Ultimate on 3DS is still really expensive, being a full retail title, and the only new thing (Speed Mario Brothers) sucks.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Weird, I could've sworn Ultimate NES Remix became a Nintendo Select. Guess it was just the Wii U retail version + the digital versions getting $5 price drops to match said retail version becoming a Nintendo Select.

But yeah, if both games are already on sale, go for the digital versions.

Orgen

Conspiracy! You want me to buy both! :p

Yep, the Ultimate Pack for Wii U never released in Europe so the other only option is to buy the Ultimate Remix for 3DS that, as Robin said; is still full price here... so I'll buy both digital games!

The other doubt I have is Dillon's game... worth it? As max (I think) said in the other thread I read that the second part is miles better than the first...

Buy both! The NES Remix games are frickin' awwwwwesome!

I really wish the physical release of the Wii U ones had come out in PAL so I could get one for my collection. Heck, I might still do that by just buying a NTSC one some day. Obviously not to play of course (thanks to Nintendo's region locking BS >_>) but I'd love to have a disc of it in my collection.

Ondore

From Nintendo's E3 activity PR:
Nintendo eShop sale: Starting at 11 a.m. PT until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 21, Nintendo is offering discounts on some of its most popular games as a special treat for fans. My Nintendo members who are signed in will also get a special bonus if they buy select games included in the sale. Anyone who hasn’t signed up for My Nintendo yet is encouraged to do so now to avoid the E3 rush. To get the extra discount, My Nintendo members must link their Nintendo Account to their Nintendo Network ID and access Nintendo eShop on their device at least once before they make a purchase. The discounted games can be purchased in Nintendo eShop or at http://e3.nintendo.com. Details about the discounts can also be found at http://e3.nintendo.com.

Sounds like this is the equivalent of the 5th anniversary sale, but I could be wrong.

maxcriden

Conspiracy! You want me to buy both! :p

Just to weigh in, both games are very good but I totally agree with Robin. NES Remix features more archaic games that make for more interesting challenges, and NES Remix 2 is very fun also but many of the challenges feel more like bite-sized clips of the games they're from. NES Remix is the better game but both are lots of fun. (Ultimate Remix for 3DS comes with only some of the games from each, so IMO it's a lesser package overall, but it does include some neat features: http://www.mariowiki.com/Ultimate_NES_Remix. I have a digital copy of that one but haven't really gotten to dive into it yet. Still want to Rainbow Star all the NES Remix and Remix 2 challenges in the original games first. And that is quite a fun and difficult challenge!)

TheMoon

Just wanna chime in with my silly opinion that Ultimate NES Remix is the best way to play this thing. Online leaderboards (sadly intra-region only, iirc), "best of" selection, proper portability, online replay feature for NES Remix 1 games, unlockable Famicom Remix. UNESRMX is how I learned to love it after only "liking" NES Remix 1+2 on Wii U.

Robin64

It's also a £34.99 download compared to £8.98, and with games missing. A cheap physical copy would be ideal but I doubt you're going to get under a tenner.

KingWool

Banned
Holy hell!

NOA is doing an eShop sale with bonus discount for My Nintendo members; just like Japan!!!!!

Nintendo eShop sale: Starting at 11 a.m. PT until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 21, Nintendo is offering discounts on some of its most popular games as a special treat for fans. My Nintendo members who are signed in will also get a special bonus if they buy select games included in the sale. Anyone who hasn’t signed up for My Nintendo yet is encouraged to do so now to avoid the E3 rush. To get the extra discount, My Nintendo members must link their Nintendo Account to their Nintendo Network ID and access Nintendo eShop on their device at least once before they make a purchase. The discounted games can be purchased in Nintendo eShop or at http://e3.nintendo.com. Details about the discounts can also be found at http://e3.nintendo.com.

Orgen

And now TheMoon with the C-c-c-c-combo breaker! ;D Portability (and better D-Pad) is a plus for the 3DS version but less games for triple the price... I think I'll get the Wii U digital versions in the end. Thank you all for your opinions! :)

NoE just forgot to announce plans for our MyN discounts, don't worry they'll be there come tomorrow!
.....right?

Regardless I'm grabbing:
NES Remix 1&2 (despite the remix premise not doing much for me)
SteamWorld Dig (which doesn't look appealing at all but I've heard good things)
Super Mario Bros. 2 US (aka my least favourite Mario game)
and the Zelda: Oracle games (despite not liking LA or topdown Zelda's in general that much)

So I'm basically throwing my money into a fire and hoping for the best!
Whilst I'm on a roll I remember the poor impressions for Dillon but I may grab that too...

maxcriden

Just wanna chime in with my silly opinion that Ultimate NES Remix is the best way to play this thing. Online leaderboards (sadly intra-region only, iirc), "best of" selection, proper portability, online replay feature for NES Remix 1 games, unlockable Famicom Remix. UNESRMX is how I learned to love it after only "liking" NES Remix 1+2 on Wii U.

Admittedly I need to play more than just a few seconds of the game ^^

I just felt like I'd be missing out on some of the most surprisingly fun NES Remix 1 games. Online features are neat, though, and--what exactly does the Famicom mode entail? Never quite understood that.

Holy hell!

NOA is doing an eShop sale with bonus discount for My Nintendo members; just like Japan!!!!!

FWIW, special bonus doesn't necessarily mean bonus discount. It could be a free theme or somethin'.

Ultimate NES Remix is awesome. I got it with a MyN discount. It was also a great tutorial for Legend of Zelda, which I got after. I also got Punch Out after playing it, too.

TheMoon

I just felt like I'd be missing out on some of the most surprisingly fun NES Remix 1 games. Online features are neat, though, and--what exactly does the Famicom mode entail? Never quite understood that.

It's just the same challenges but with the JP versions of the games :D

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wario: MoD was.............very "okay". It was so average that I honestly can't remember much aside from "use touchscreen to swap costumes"

Caffeine

just rememberd that I have majoras mask on the wii mode and cant find my classic controller :| wish they would put it on wii u eshop

Pokemaniac

How does a classic controller emulate N64 controls anyway?

C-buttons are mapped to the right stick, with more important actions also getting put on X and Y on a case by case basis.

For shoulder buttons, games that primarily use the d-pad map L to L, R to R, and Z to ZL and ZR. For primarily control stick games, L and ZL get switched.

Everything else maps as you'd expect.

I have Paper Mario on my Wii, but my classic controller is somewhere in storage, unfortunately, so I can't play that or my Super NES games on there right now.

The only N64 games I'm interested in on the VC that I didn't own are Smash Bros. and Kirby 64.

From Nintendo's E3 activity PR:

Sounds like this is the equivalent of the 5th anniversary sale, but I could be wrong.

Is it really going to be their most popular games or is it going to be fucking Gunman Clive again like it is every week?

Either way hope we get something good. Also the whole two id/account thing is silly. Pretty sure I linked mine... I think... or didn't who knows.

Is it really going to be their most popular games or is it going to be fucking Gunman Clive again like it is every week?

Either way hope we get something good. Also the whole two id/account thing is silly. Pretty sure I linked mine... I think... or didn't who knows.

That's not nice. The creator of the game has a gaf account and he posts in this thread sometimes. And the game is actually good.

Pokemaniac

I have Paper Mario on my Wii, but my classic controller is somewhere in storage, unfortunately, so I can't play that or my Super NES games on there right now.

The only N64 games I'm interested in on the VC that I didn't own are Smash Bros. and Kirby 64.

If your Wii has GameCube ports, GameCube controllers can also be used. They work very well for N64 games, not so much for SNES.

...does this not actually say when the sale starts?

The promotional email I got says it starts on June 14th at 11AM PT.

Caffeine

If your Wii has GameCube ports, GameCube controllers can also be used. They work very well for N64 games, not so much for SNES.

The promotional email I got says it starts on June 14th at 11AM PT.

hmm does anyone know if the gcube adapter on wii u would work with wii vc games ?

TheMoon

What Thequietone said plus GC is on sale maybe once per quarter or every 6 months so please direct these comments at games that actually go on sale once per month (Circle, ATLUS).

L~A

Big PR today:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Kirby: Planet Robobot – The pink puffball is back and ready to kick some bot! Harness the power of a mysterious mech to stop ruthless invaders from mechanizing Kirby’s home world. Smash through tough obstacles, lift heavy objects with ease and scan enemies to shape-shift into new Modes with powerful abilities in this supercharged action-platformer. Kirby: Planet Robobot will be available on June 10.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 – Experience a new adventure from KING Art, creators of The Book of Unwritten Tales, The Critter Chronicles and The Raven – Legacy of a Master Thief. The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 is a fantasy story with more than 20 hours of playtime, filled with trademark humor that lovingly spoofs your favorite fantasy worlds. Solve hundreds of weird puzzles, meet an ensemble of quirky characters and enjoy an epic orchestral soundtrack. Click here to view the trailer.
Olympia Rising – It takes the heart of a true hero to escape the Underworld. Jump, climb, slash and incinerate your way through each stage to make your way to Mount Olympus. Click here to view the trailer.

Virtual Console on Wii U

Wario: Master of Disguise – Wario never lets a get-rich-quick scheme pass him by. After stealing a magic wand that turns its owner into a Master of Disguise, Wario becomes a master thief who uses disguises to help him steal everything in his path. Use the power of the disguise to explore, attack and hunt for treasure. The all-powerful Wishstone awaits!

Activities:

Nintendo eShop Sale – A sale is on the way, and My Nintendo members will get a special bonus. Become a My Nintendo member and set yourself up for the best savings by:
Creating a Nintendo Account

Linking your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account
Making sure you access Nintendo eShop on your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS system at least once prior to purchase

Learn more about the sale by visiting http://e3.nintendo.com/#section-my-nintendo.

Hyrule Warriors Legends Free Companion Fairy Now Available! – A Fairy comes bearing gifts! To thank you all for playing the Hyrule Warriors Legends game, a free SpotPass download including a new Fairy companion, Lazuli, extra Rupees and more fairy Food is now available! Lazuli will surely prove to be a stalwart ally, aiding you with her skills and magic!

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Grumpy Reaper (Wii U), Soccer Up Online (Nintendo 3DS) and more games from Enjoy Up are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.
AeternoBlade (Nintendo 3DS) and Wicked Monsters Blast! HD+ (Wii U) from Corecell Technologies are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.
The Delusions of Von Sottendorf and His Square Mind (Nintendo 3DS) and The Rivers of Alice: Extended Version (Wii U) from Delirium Studios Evolution are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 16.
Word Puzzles by POWGI (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) is 20 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $7.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 16.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Job the Leprechaun is 66 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to 99 cents) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.
FreezeME is more than 25 percent off (reduced from $13.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 23.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Big Hero 6 Battle in the Bay, Goosebumps: The Game and more games from Gamemill Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 11.
Musicverse: Electronic Keyboard is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 2.
Retro City Rampage DX is 25 percent off (reduced from $19.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 23.
3D After Burner II, 3D Gunstar Heroes and more games from SEGA are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 20.
Rytmik Ultimate and The Keep from CINEMAX are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.
The Legend of Dark Witch, KAMI and more games from CIRCLE Ent. are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.

New DLC:

Fire Emblem Fates – New DLC Maps: End: Lost in the Waves – The next generation assaults their ultimate foe. The Heirs of Fate finale for the Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright and Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest games is now available for $1.99.

Fire Emblem Fates – Map Pack 2 DLC – Across dimensions, other versions of the Hoshidan and Nohrian children are under attack. Born and raised in the Deeprealms, these fledgling warriors must now rise up to save themselves and their parents as they unravel the mystery of their adversaries. In this six-map series for the Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright and Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest games, units leveled up in the main game cannot lend support. Devise a strategy using a fresh team and reap the rewards, but only if all of your units survive. You can receive all six maps by purchasing Map Pack 2 for only $7.99.

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:
Kirby: Planet Robobot: Robobot Armor Activate!

Also new this week:

Dan McFox: Head Hunter (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Puzzle Labyrinth (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

JoeM86

Anyone jumping into the Ranger games? Would like to know if they include the download missions as standard.

Robin64

For anyone in Europe that wants Kirby's Dream Course on n3DS, there's now a 50% off voucher on MyNintendo for 25 Gold Coins.

(Also 1-hour ticket for Wii Karaoke U for 100 Platinum Coins)

zroid

Banned
The PR basically confirms that the My Nintendo bonus will be the same as Japan's

"set yourself up for the best savings by..."

Top Bottom