• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2016

foltzie1

For anyone in Europe that wants Kirby's Dream Course on n3DS, there's now a 50% off voucher on MyNintendo for 25 Gold Coins.

Why only N3DS is then the question.

If you meant why N3DS and not OG 3DS, only N3DS has SNES VC Games.

If you meant why not Wii U VC, this system takes you over to the web eshop to compute the discounted purchase, so it has to be for one system since Nintendo treats them as different titles.

UKers, Shopto now stock eShop games and the prices are decent as they pretty much match retail cart prices.

Don't know if you get Nintendo Coins though.

And, as the games are PAL, I want to say the games should also work for the rest of Europe.

tolkir

Week 23 finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• The Rivers of Alice: Extended Version from Delirium Studios Evolution is on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 16.
  • Word Puzzles by POWGI is 20 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $7.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 16.
  • FreezeME is more than 25 percent off (reduced from $13.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 23.
  • Job the Leprechaun is 66 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to 99 cents) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.
  • Grumpy Reaper and more games from Enjoy Up are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.
  • Wicked Monsters Blast! HD+ (Wii U) from Corecell Technologies is on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Fire Emblem Fates (Nintendo)
    End: Lost in the Waves ($1.99) *Included in Map Pack 2*
  • Hyrule Warriors Legends (Nintendo)
    Companion Fairy (Free)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• SEGA 3D Classics Sale (Sega | $3.99 until 06/20, then $5.99)
  • The Delusions of Von Sottendorf and His Square Mind from Delirium Studios Evolution is on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 16.
  • Word Puzzles by POWGI is 20 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $7.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 16.
  • Retro City Rampage DX is 25 percent off (reduced from $19.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 23.
  • Rytmik Ultimate and The Keep from CINEMAX are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.
  • The Legend of Dark Witch, KAMI and more games from CIRCLE Ent. are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.
  • Soccer Up Online and more games from Enjoy Up are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.
  • AeternoBlade from Corecell Technologies is on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.
  • Musicverse: Electronic Keyboard is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 2.
  • Big Hero 6 Battle in the Bay, Goosebumps: The Game and more games from Gamemill Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 11.

vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Sales

• Nintendo eShop 5th Year Anniversary Sale (Until 06/23)
  • The Rivers of Alice: Extended Version (Delirium Studios) - €5.99/£5.39 (Ends June 16, normally €7.99/£7.19)
  • Word Puzzles by POWGI (Lightwood Games) - €6.99/ £6.29 (Ends June 16, normally €8.99/£7.99)
  • FreezeME (RNC) - €9.99/£8.99 (Ends June 23, normally €13.99/£12.59)
  • Trine Enchanted Edition (Frozenbyte) - €6.49/£5.49 (Ends June 23, normally €12.99/£10.99)
  • Life of Pixel (Super Icon) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends July 7, normally €9.99/£8.99)
  • Job the Leprechaun (Herrero) - €1.99/£1.99 (Ends July 7, normally €2.99/£2.69)

New Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• Fire Emblem Fates (Nintendo)
    Revelation (€19.99 | £17.99)
    Map 6 Royal Royale (€2.49 | £2.29) *Included in Map Pack 1*

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Nintendo eShop 5th Year Anniversary Sale (Until 06/23)
  • The Delusions of Von Sottendorff and his Square Mind (Delirium Studios) - €7.99/£7.19 (Ends June 16, normally €12.99/£11.69)
  • Word Puzzles by POWGI (Lightwood Games) - €6.99/ £6.29 (Ends June 16, normally €8.99/£7.99)
  • Retro City Rampage: DX (Vblank Entertainment) - €4.49/£3.99 (Ends June 23, normally €8.99/£7.99)
  • The Keep (Cinemax) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends June 30, normally €9.99/£8.99)
  • Rytmik Ultimate (Cinemax) - €9.99/£8.99 (Ends June 30, normally €17.99/£15.99)
  • Tappingo (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.69 (Ends June 30, normally €2.99/£2.49)
  • The Legend of Dark Witch - Chronicle 2D ACT (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99/£2.39 (Ends June 30, normally €3.99/£3.19)
  • Witch & Hero (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.59 (Ends June 30, normally €3.99/£3.19)
  • KAMI (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.59 (Ends June 30, normally €2.99/£2.39)

uxwGK.png

New Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Benedict

Finally managed to get over 1000 platinum points. Took a very long time since Miitomo still hasn't been released over here.

Thinking of getting either Zelda Picross or Wario Twisted, which I played years ago on NDS.

Edit: If I choose one which one should I choose?
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (GBC) - £2.69 (was £5.39) / €2.99 (was €5.99)
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (GBC) - £2.69 (was £5.39) / €2.99 (was €5.99)

?

donny2112

Yes, you should choose just one. Choose Oracle of Agesseasons.
They're just one big game. You really need to plan to play them both via password to complete the story. Breaking them up is like only playing the main game content in DQIX and acting the like the post-game content isn't there, when it's really a whole further story.

maxcriden

Finally managed to get over 1000 platinum points. Took a very long time since Miitomo still hasn't been released over here.

Thinking of getting either Zelda Picross or Wario Twisted, which I played years ago on NDS.

Edit: If I choose one which one should I choose?
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (GBC) - £2.69 (was £5.39) / €2.99 (was €5.99)
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (GBC) - £2.69 (was £5.39) / €2.99 (was €5.99)

?

I'll second what Donny said, you need to play both. As to which to play first, though, Seasons is more lighthearted action/adventure and Ages is more puzzle-heavy. So it depends what you're in the mood for.

But Seasons has Subrosia and both games have Animal Buddies, so...both are great...but Subrosia makes Seasons my preferred game.

The PR basically confirms that the My Nintendo bonus will be the same as Japan's

"set yourself up for the best savings by..."

Oh, good point. Very interested to see the sale and discounts!

UKers, Shopto now stock eShop games and the prices are decent as they pretty much match retail cart prices.

And, as the games are PAL, I want to say the games should also work for the rest of Europe.

Whoa this is big!
Weirdly they have Tetris for sale despite it being removed from the shop.
I wonder what happens if you try to redeem the code...?

...is like only playing the main game content in DQIX and acting the like the post-game content isn't there

This is exactly what I did :'(
Tried finding a few of the grottos but as there locations weren't revealed I gave up pretty quickly.

Zeeman

I'll second what Donny said, you need to play both. As to which to play first, though, Seasons is more lighthearted action/adventure and Ages is more puzzle-heavy. So it depends what you're in the mood for.

But Seasons has Subrosia and both games have Animal Buddies, so...both are great...but Subrosia makes Seasons my preferred game.

Also, if you get Moosh, tell him to go fuck himself. Maybe there was something obvious I was missing but I really hated controlling that "flying" bear.

donny2112

This is exactly what I did :'(
Tried finding a few of the grottos but as there locations weren't revealed I gave up pretty quickly.

Once you get
the flying train
, it opens up whole new areas to explore. Also there's the weekly challenges (have to use an AR to open them up now that NWC is discontinued) which have their own story lines in them to follow. They really made that a robust game designed to last a long time!

maxcriden

Also, if you get Moosh, tell him to go fuck himself. Maybe there was something obvious I was missing but I really hated controlling that "flying" bear.

Hmm, I really don't remember which I went with. Ricky or Moosh...I think? Hmm. It's been a while!

RiggyRob

This is very cool - you can save a few quid on the Fire Emblem Fates campaigns and DLC, assuming it's all kosher, but I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh hey, more HW Legends freebies......too bad Kirby will take up all my attention on the 3DS after tomorrow.

Also, just saw a tweet by Nintendo mentioning the E3 sale. Shows WW Zelda (so I'm sure Wind Waker HD will be discounted) & says "save up to 40%"

donny2112

May need to start buying some digital version of games that I already have physically for Wii U, if the prices are good enough...

Richie

The PR does imply MyNintendo members get an additional discount, but hmmm....I wouldn't put it past NoA for the "up to 40% off" to be including the MyNintendo discount already.

Link_enfant

I eventually got Super Mario Bros. on 3DS VC thanks to the sale in Europe, but I've noticed that some sound effects sound different in it, like the jumps, and the short sound & music when you die.
Is this due to the emulator used? I'm actually wondering if this is the US version of the game?
I thought every NES/SNES VC game on (N)3DS was the US version but this may not be totally true, even though I hope it is (opposed to the PAL crap we've had on Wii U).

I'm curious to know which ROM they actually offer in Europe for those games, cuase there's obvious differences between 3DS and Wii U for some games (aside from the region).
Like, Zelda II on Wii U is the US version but the colors look weird, the grey blocks in the first dungeon look different as well, and the game shows a "PAUSE" text when you press start on the map, which makes me think they've used the same ROM as in the Collector's Edition.
Those don't occur at all in the 3DS VC version, which seems to be the "real" original NES ROM from US region.

maxcriden

The PR does imply MyNintendo members get an additional discount, but hmmm....I wouldn't put it past NoA for the "up to 40% off" to be including the MyNintendo discount already.

Same. Either way, 40% is a pretty huge discount for NOA sales.

BTW, I hope we get a Rainbow Curse sale. I sold my physical copy in favor of eventually picking it up digitally and I don't think it's been on sale digitally a single time, unless I missed it.

KingWool

Banned

BTW, I hope we get a Rainbow Curse sale. I sold my physical copy in favor of eventually picking it up digitally and I don't think it's been on sale digitally a single time, unless I missed it.

Completely forgot about that game. I have $100 in eShop ready to spend if the sales are decent.

im_dany

You don't get MyNintendo coins for key activations iirc, atleast we didn't for the Humble Bundle keys.

Is any game worth it? I'd love to sort for price but they don't let us do that..

Also picked up both Zelda Oracle games and Pokemon TCG. This one has no italian though, I didn't double check before purchase :/

Richie

That I'll concede! I'll take what I get...and I hear ya on that last part, I've seen the physical Kirbs go as low as the equivalent of $19.99 USD over here. (Mexico)

You don't get MyNintendo coins for key activations iirc, atleast we didn't for the Humble Bundle keys.

Well, it depends...I've gotten MyNintendo coins for game codes I purchased through Amazon.com

Xenoboy

How is FreezeMe? I forgot it launched in Europe a while ago, I was interested before but forgot a bit about the game.

You do get coins for codes bought from GAME and I'd imagine these are the same as they work in the exact same way.
Not getting coins for the Humble Bundle was an (understandable) anomaly I think but I'd imagine they'll apply for all other downloads.

TheMoon

How is FreezeMe? I forgot it launched in Europe a while ago, I was interested before but forgot a bit about the game.

-> earlier on this very page:

Nintendo Life gave it a 8/10. I've heard it's pretty decent/fun.

I've heard it had some initial issues/bugs at launch. But it has since gotten a patch I believe.

It's a little bit janky, but it's generally pretty fun. All of the really bad bugs have been patched at this point.

im_dany

Well, it depends...I've gotten MyNintendo coins for game codes I purchased through Amazon.com

You do get coins for codes bought from GAME and I'd imagine these are the same as they work in the exact same way.
Not getting coins for the Humble Bundle was an (understandable) anomaly I think but I'd imagine they'll apply for all other downloads.

I guess I was wrong, which is actually good. I'll probably start buying codes since are (slightly) cheaper in £ than € :D

TheMoon

it's simple:

you get coins for codes bought through regular stores.
you do not get codes for freebies (which includes Humble Bundle for obvious reasons) or codes that were active from before MN launched (stuff you haven't redeemed yet but got earlier)

Blasted through Kick and Fennick. I stayed enjoyable throughout. They did a great job making sure you mastered the central gimmick of the game. I wish there was a little more variety in the settings, and that there was another variation on the gun like there are in a couple levels, but overall I really enjoyed the game. It is a fun idea, and stays solid throughout. Well recommended!

Phoenixus

Curious to see if Nintendo have anything out of the ordinary going up this week besides the sales.

completely unrealistic wish; Downloadable Zelda U demo
slightly less unrealistic possibility; Mother 3/Earthbound Endings

TheMoon

Wii U eShop
Twin Robots (Ratalaika Games, €4.99 / £4.49) - Visually this one certainly has vibes similar to Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash, with 2.5D visuals and plenty of platforming and simple puzzles. It also features local multiplayer co-op, as an extra bonus, so it'll be interesting to see whether this one has all of the required parts to be a good game; we'll get cracking on a review.

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts
Darksiders II (Nordic Games, €12.49 / £9.99 until 30th June, normally €49.99 / £39.99)
Legend of Kay Anniversary (Nordic Games, €7.49 / £4.99 until 30th June, normally €29.99 / £19.99)
Citizens of Earth (Atlus, €4.99 / £4.00 until 30th June, normally €11.99 / £9.99)
Infinity Runner (Wales Interactive, €3.85 / £3.50 until 7th July, normally €6.49 / £5.89)
Wicked Monsters Blast! HD Plus (Corecell, €2.99 / £2.69 until 30th June, normally €7.99 / £7.19)
Funk of Titans (EnjoyUp Games, €4.49 / £4.00 until 14th July, normally €8.99 / £8.09)
Grumpy Reaper (EnjoyUp Games, €2.49 / £2.19 until 14th July, normally €4.99 / £4.49)
Run Run and Die (EnjoyUp Games, €1.99 / £1.79 until 14th July, normally €3.99 / £3.59)
Spy Chameleon (EnjoyUp Games, €2.49 / £2.19 until 14th July, normally €4.99 / £4.49)
Word Party (Lightwood Games, €11.99 / £11.19 until 30th June, normally €15.99 / £14.99)
Turtle Tale (Saturnine Games, €1.49 / £1.24 until 30th June, normally €2.99 / £2.49)
Canvaleon (OXiAB Game Studio, €4.95 / £4.49 until 14th July, normally €6.95 / £6.29)
Color Zen (Cypronia, €2.24 / £2.24 until 15th July, normally €2.99 / £2.99)
Color Zen Kids (Cypronia, €1.79 / £1.79 until 15th July, normally €2.99 / £2.99)
My Style Studio: Hair Salon (Cypronia, €3.74 / £3.35 until 15th July, normally €4.99 / £4.49)
My Style Studio: Notebook (Cypronia, €2.39 / £2.15 until 15th July, normally €2.99 / £2.69)
Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues (Cypronia, €3.69 / £3.33 until 15th July, normally €4.99 / £4.49)
Island Flight Simulator (Joindots, €7.19 / £5.39 until 30th June, normally €7.99 / £5.99)
Sweetest Thing (Joindots, €5.59 / £4.39 until 30th June, normally €6.99 / £5.49)
Paranautical Activity (Digerati, €4.99 / £3.99 until 30th June, normally €9.99 / £8.99)
Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (O2 Games, €12.90 / £9.90 until 17th July, normally €29.90 / £24.90)
Baila Latino (O2 Games, €12.90 / £9.90 until 17th July, normally €29.90 / £24.90)
Fit Music for Wii U (O2 Games, €12.90 / £9.90 until 17th July, normally €29.90 / £24.90)

3DS eShop
Gunslugs (Engine Software, €1.99 / £1.79) - With the sequel previously delivering frantic run and gun action to the portable's store, we now have the original to look forward to; we can expect more mayhem, procedurally generated levels and characters to unlock.

3DS Retail Download
Mike the Knight and the Great Gallop (Avanquest, €24.99 / £19.99) - This appears to be based on an app from a few years ago designed for young children, mixing puzzles and action gameplay with colourful visuals. We'll see whether it's fun for youngsters or a bit of a drag in our review. Available from 17th June.

3DS DLC
Fire Emblem Fates: Map 7 Hidden Truths 1 + 2 (Nintendo, €4.49/ £4.09) - Best played after clearing Revelation, this provides more context on how the Hoshido and Nohr sides came to war.

3DS eShop Temporary Discounts
Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai (Shin'en Multimedia, €6.70 / £5.70 until 7th July, normally €8.99 / £7.66)
AeternoBlade (Corecell, €4.99 / £4.49 until 30th June, normally €14.99 / £13.50)
Farming Simulator 14 (Focus Home Interactive, €7.49 / £5.00 until 30th June, normally €29.99 / £19.99)
Aqua Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB, €3.99 / £3.59 untul 23rd June, normally €7.99 / £7.19)
Fairune (CIRCLE Entertainment, €1.99 / £1.59 until 7th July, normally €2.99 / £2.39)
World Conqueror 3D (CIRCLE Entertainment, €3.99 / £3.19 until 7th July, normally €4.99 / £3.99)
Castle Conqueror EX (CIRCLE Entertainment, €2.99 / £2.39 until 7th July, normally €3.99 / £3.19)
Adventure Bar Story (CIRCLE Entertainment, €3.99 / £3.19 until 7th July, normally €4.99 / £3.99)
Musicverse: Electronic Keyboard (Abylight, €3.99 / £3.55 until 17th July, normally €7.99 / £7.19)
Turtle Tale (Saturnine Games, €1.49 / £1.24 until 30th June, normally €2.99 / £2.49)
Angry Bunnies (Cypronia, €3.89 / £3.49 until 15th July, normally €6.49 / £5.99)
Bubble Pop World (Cypronia, €2.99 / £2.69 until 15th July, normally €4.99 / £4.49)
Color Zen (Cypronia, €2.39 / £2.39 until 15th July, normally €2.99 / £2.99)
Color Zen Kids (Cypronia, €1.99 / £1.99 until 15th July, normally €2.99 / £2.99)
Fishdom H2O: Hidden Odyssey (Cypronia, €3.48 / £3.14 until 15th July, normally €4.99 / £4.49)
My Style Studio: Hair Salon (Cypronia, €3.48 / £3.14 until 15th July, normally €4.99 / £4.49)
3D Game Collection (Joindots, €4.99 / £3.59 until 30th June, normally €6.99 / £4.99)
Atlantic Quest (Joindots, €1.99 / £1.39 until 30th June, normally €6.99 / £4.99)
Crazy Construction (Joindots, €1.99 / £1.39 until 30th June, normally €6.99 / £4.99)
Secret Agent Files: Miami (Joindots, €4.99 / £3.75 until 30th June, normally €7.99 / £5.99)
Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (O2 Games, €7.90 / £7.90 until 17th July, normally €24.90 / £19.90)

3DS eShop Permanent Discounts
My Zoo Vet Practice 3D (Treva, €19.99 / £17.09, previously €29.99 / £24.99)
Horse Vet 3D (Treva, €19.99 / £17.09, previously €29.99 / £24.99)
Top Model 3D (Treva, €19.99 / £17.09, previously €29.99 / £24.99)
My Life on a Farm 3D (Treva, €19.99 / £17.09, previously €29.99 / £24.99)
Life With Horses 3D (Treva, €19.99 / £17.09, previously €29.99 / £24.99)

3DS HOME Theme
BOXBOY! - Qbby & Friends by Starlight (Nintendo, €1.99 / £1.79)

###########

BOXBOY! theme =>>> boxboy 2 incoming :)

Phoenixus

Blimey, that's a lot of discounts!

Nothing I want or don't already have though. :p I'll keep my expectations low for any surprises, that's a decent week by itself really.

TheMoon

btw expect that yearly Nindie PR/trailer/announcement bonanza to happen in a few hours.

(thanks for the reminder, L~A^^)

curious to see if they'll have a special promo to go along with it again or just new trailers/announcements.

Top Bottom