• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2016

Last night I got Word Puzzles by Powgi. Honestly cross-buy is annoying because games are more expensive when they have it. Otherwise I don't think this would be priced $10 in the US, and I just wanted it for 3ds.

Anyways it's a decent word puzzle game. I find this game genre relaxing. It is possible to get stuck in some puzzles if you don't know the word. I didn't know what a trapezium was in the shapes category; but on Wikipedia it says it's called a trapezoid in the US.

Some of the words are repeated in the word maze, which is just silly and repetitive. They should have had 4 puzzles instead of 6 and not repeated the words.

Aside from those complaints, I think I'll continue to enjoy this and the Puzzler World games. The 3ds (XL) is perfect for "pen and paper" puzzle games.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I would probably give in & rebuy SMRPG despite having the cartridge if it meant I could have it on the go.

Just wonder how long until the N3DS will have the same or very similar SNES library compared to the Wii U.

zroid

Banned
Tomorrow's NA VC game(s): Mega Man Battle Network 6.

cryingmallow.gif

LOicMJA.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So is Super Mario RPG the new Zero Mission now?

I would probably buy Megaman Soccer (well maybe after a sale) just to see how its aged. I think I rented it once as a kid, but barely remember anything about it.

jholmes

Hope the next time someone mentions smrpg they release Megamaan soccer instead just for the reactions, lol

I'd much rather have Mega Man Soccer than one of the 23 Battle Network games no one ever bought.

It's a flawed game to be sure but it's also really fun if you can turn your brain off.

steveovig

I'm ok with MMBN6 tomorrow. I would've killed for them last month when I was playing 1,3, and 5. They're better than some shitty NES game they could conjure up for release, IMO.

Shizza

In some parallel universe the Nintendo eShop is getting only Square Enix games, and people are clamoring for Capcom to release the damn Mega Man games, lol.

Javier

There's gotta be a hundred Mega Man games on VC now. Can someone please assure me there's no more potentially coming?
- Mega Man 64
- Mega Man Soccer
And like, 8 Mega Man games on the DS.

Are people seriously complaining that Capcom is putting nearly the whole Mega Man library on the Wii U?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Where's ZX & ZX Advent?!?!

I'm actually legit wondering if MM64 will get re-released on account of its PS1 version finally hitting PSN.

Tizoc

I was thinking about buying the Gravity Falls game because of the sale, but the reviews are awful. Bummer.
It is good if ur a fan of the show
It isnt anything groundbreaking just a simple game with that trademark gf hunor

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I just realized that i will own every 2D Zelda title on my 3DS once i purchase ALTP :eek:

I can't believe I'm going to be able to play so many Zelda games on one device.

Zelda
Zelda 2
Link to the past
Link's awakening
Oracle of ages
Oracle of seasons
Minish Cap
Four swords anniversary
Phantom hourglass
Spirit tracks
Ocarina of time
Majoras mask

Plus:
Tingles balloon fight
Rosy rupee land

Too bad the other tingle game never got an English release.

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Star Ghost – Save the galaxy from the Metagons in this explosive shoot-’em-up by former Rare and Retro Studios developer Rhys Lewis. Star Ghost features procedurally generated levels, a unique control scheme and an atmospheric soundtrack from renowned composer David Wise. It is available exclusively in Nintendo eShop on Wii U. Click here to see the trailer.

Virtual Console on Wii U

MEGA MAN BATTLE NETWORK 6 CYBEAST FALZAR and MEGA MAN BATTLE NETWORK 6 CYBEAST GREGAR – After moving with his family to Cyber City, Lan, with the help of Mega Man, must intervene before an ancient creature of enormous power destroys the network and the world. Game content is the same for MEGA MAN BATTLE NETWORK 6 CYBEAST FALZAR and MEGA MAN BATTLE NETWORK 6 CYBEAST GREGAR, but NetNavi chips and other items may differ.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Blast ’Em Bunnies – Blast ’Em Bunnies is an endless first-person shooter in which you must defend your rabbit burrow using fun new types of weapons and ammo. From Watermelon Machineguns firing sticky raspberries to Turnip Mortars firing explosive Pepper Bombs (which release heat-seeking chili seeds), you’d better get shooting those coins to buy all of the upgrades. Click here to see the trailer.
BRAVELY SECOND: END LAYER DEMO The Ballad of the Three Cavaliers – Square Enix’s critically acclaimed Bravely Default game is all set to enjoy a much-lauded sequel, and you can try a portion of it right now, for free. In the BRAVELY SECOND: END LAYER DEMO The Ballad of the Three Cavaliers, you’ll return to the land of Luxendarc and embark on a bonus adventure not found in the main game. Make sure to try out different jobs during your adventure. Whether they’re formidable fighters and mages looking to test their skills, giant trolls with a chip on their shoulder or alien entities with a bent for drama, all of them pose a risky challenge … along with the irresistible promise of great rewards.

New DLC

Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation – This third path in the Fire Emblem Fates story reveals many secrets not available in the Birthright or Conquest versions. Players who own either Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright or Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest can purchase Revelation for $19.99 via the Dragon’s Gate in game. Once purchased, a third option will appear at the Branch of Fate moment of the game: “Refuse to Choose a Side.” Additional content will be released on a weekly basis through April 21 and is all part of Map Pack 1 available now for purchase.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric and Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal from SEGA are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 21.
Jones on Fire, Gardenscapes and more games from Joindots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 24.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

VoxelMaker is 20 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $3.99) from 9 a.m. PT on March 11 until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 21.
KEYTARI: 8-bit Music Maker is more than 35 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) from 9 a.m. PT on March 13 until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 26.
Test Your Mind is 33 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.99) from 9 a.m. PT on March 11 until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 25.
Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin is 20 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1.59) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 31.
Art of Balance is 25 percent off (reduced from $8.99 to $6.70) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 31.
Mortar Melon and Plenty of Fishies from Nitrolic Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 30.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Fantasy Pirates, Toys vs Monsters and more from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 7.
Snow Moto Racing 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 17.
Code of Princess is more than 65 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 21.
The Delusions of Von Sottendorff and His Square Mind is more than 35 percent off (reduced from $12.99 to $7.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 22.
The Keep is more than 35 percent off (reduced from $12.99 to $7.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 24.
Big Hero 6 Battle in the Bay, Disney Frozen: Olaf’s Quest and more games from GameMill Entertainment are on sale from 9 a.m. PT on March 11 until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 18.
Classic Games Overload: Card & Puzzle Edition is 50 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $14.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 4.

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:
Fire Emblem Fates: Two Kingdoms
Blast ’Em Bunnies: Zombies
Blast ’Em Bunnies: Western
Blast ’Em Bunnies: Ninjas
Blast ’Em Bunnies: Luchadors
Blast ’Em Bunnies Bundle

Price reduction:

Nintendo Selects – Starting on March 11, some of the most popular and critically acclaimed Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games become a part of the Nintendo Selects program and will be available at a suggested retail price of only $19.99 each. Newly priced games include Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3 and NES Remix Pack for Wii U; The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Yoshi’s New Island, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D and Mario Party: Island Tour for Nintendo 3DS; and Super Mario Galaxy 2, Animal Crossing: City Folk, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Super Mario All-Stars for Wii.

Also new this week:

Grumpy Reaper (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Jewel Quest (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Rhapsody - Music & Radio (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Word Puzzles by POWGI – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS)

donny2112

I just realized that i will own every 2D Zelda title on my 3DS once i purchase ALTP :eek:

Non-DX Link's Awakening with intact screen jumping glitch. Four Swords that came with LttP on GBA (Okay, that's a little picky, but I do consider Link's Awakening > DX version due that screen jumping glitch. (~_^) ).

On Tuesday night I completed Metroid.
Last night I completed Metroid 2: Return of Samus.
Tonight, I shall finally for the first time play Super Metroid.

I'm soooo ready!
LttP will be nice too. Finished SMW but haven't started EarthBound yet. Looking forward to Super Mario Kart next week. Still need to get Pokemon Yellow. What a time this is!

It's a shame new 3DS owners can't get Four Swords or Minish Cap.

Also the 3DS is missing Four Swords Adventure. FS:A is the reason that between the Wii U and 3DS you technically can't play every single main Zelda game.

maxcriden

Price reduction:

Nintendo Selects – Starting on March 11, some of the most popular and critically acclaimed Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games become a part of the Nintendo Selects program and will be available at a suggested retail price of only $19.99 each. Newly priced games include Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3 and NES Remix Pack for Wii U; The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Yoshi’s New Island, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D and Mario Party: Island Tour for Nintendo 3DS; and Super Mario Galaxy 2, Animal Crossing: City Folk, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Super Mario All-Stars for Wii.

Sounds like the prices will take effect very quickly. I hope we somehow get DKCR for Wii through the eShop soon as well. I'm really surprised my OOT purchase --> sale to GAFer w/o playing it first --> waiting for eShop sale finally paid off.

ramparter

Banned
Sounds like the prices will take effect very quickly. I hope we somehow get DKCR for Wii through the eShop soon as well. I'm really surprised my OOT purchase --> sale to GAFer w/o playing it first --> waiting for eShop sale finally paid off.

Crazy that US still hasn't got this one...

Simbabbad

So Rune factory discount in 1h30m right?
Asked it the page before but - can someone tell me if the 3D adds readability and appearance of the game? Screenshots look meh and I wondered if that was the sort of game that looked better in 3D.

I don't know if the EU version is any different from the NA version, but the game runs fine for me. It can be a little shimmery when it scrolls and the 3D effect can give away some trap locations, but I think they fixed the one crash that it used to have and I've had a blast with the game.
Thank you. The game is indeed excellent (I beat 100% its prequel on XBLA), but I didn't realize it was so expensive on Wii U/3DS compared to Steam (50% more expensive, special sales non included).

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Word Puzzles by POWGI (Lightwood Games | Demo)

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• VoxelMaker is 20 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $3.99) from 9 a.m. PT on March 11 until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 21.
  • Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric from SEGA are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 21.
  • Jones on Fire and more games from Joindots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 24.
  • KEYTARI: 8-bit Music Maker is more than 35 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) from 9 a.m. PT on March 13 until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 26.
  • Test Your Mind is 33 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.99) from 9 a.m. PT on March 11 until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 25.
  • Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin is 20 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1.59) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 31.
  • Art of Balance is 25 percent off (reduced from $8.99 to $6.70) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 31.
  • Mortar Melon and Plenty of Fishies from Nitrolic Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 30.
  • Super Mario 3D World (reduced to $19.99) from 9 a.m. PT on March 11
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (reduced to $19.99) from 9 a.m. PT on March 11
  • Pikmin 3 (reduced to $19.99) from 9 a.m. PT on March 11
  • NES Remix Pack (reduced to $19.99) from 9 a.m. PT on March 11

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Fire Emblem Fates (Nintendo)
    Revelation ($19.99)

• Bravely Second (Square Enix | Prologue)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal from SEGA are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 21.
  • Gardenscapes and more games from Joindots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 24.
  • Snow Moto Racing 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 17.
  • Code of Princess is more than 65 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 21.
  • The Delusions of Von Sottendorff and His Square Mind is more than 35 percent off (reduced from $12.99 to $7.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 22.
  • The Keep is more than 35 percent off (reduced from $12.99 to $7.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 24.
  • Classic Games Overload: Card & Puzzle Edition is 50 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $14.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 4.
  • Fantasy Pirates, Toys vs Monsters and more from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 7.
  • Big Hero 6 Battle in the Bay, Disney Frozen: Olaf’s Quest and more games from GameMill Entertainment are on sale from 9 a.m. PT on March 11 until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 18.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (reduced to $19.99) from 9 a.m. PT on March 11
  • Yoshi’s New Island (reduced to $19.99) from 9 a.m. PT on March 11
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (reduced to $19.99) from 9 a.m. PT on March 11
  • Mario Party: Island Tour (reduced to $19.99) from 9 a.m. PT on March 11

vYU92.png

Wii U | Sales

• 99 Moves (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/£1.34 (Ends April 7, normally €2.49/£2.29)
  • Abyss (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/£1.34 (Ends April 7, normally €1.99/£1.79)
  • Art of Balance (Shin'en Multimedia) - €6.70/£5.36 (Ends March 31, normally €8.99/£7.15)
  • Jones on Fire (Joindots) - €2.99/£2.29 (Ends March 24, normally €5.99/£4.59)
  • Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) (E-Line Media) - €4.89/£4.29 (Ends March 23, normally €14.99/£12.99)
  • Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX (EnjoyUp Games) - €4.95/£4.45 (Ends April 7, normally €7.99/£7.19)
  • Spy Chameleon (EnjoyUp Games) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends April 7, normally €4.99/£4.49)
  • VoxelMaker (Nostatic Software) - €3.59/£2.79 (Ends March 17, normally €4.49/£3.49)

New Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• Blast 'Em Bunnies (Nnooo)
    Mega Bundle (€14.99 | £9.99)
    All Skin & Arena Bundle (€9.99 | £6.49)
    Clown Skin Pack (€1.99 | £1.29)
    Luchador Skin Pack (€1.99 | £1.29)
    Ninja Skin Pack (€1.99 | £1.29)
    Urban Army Skin Pack (€1.99 | £1.29)
    Zombie Skin Pack (€1.99 | £1.29)
    Clown Arena Pack (€2.99 | £1.99)
    Luchador Arena Pack (€2.99 | £1.99)
    Ninja Arena Pack (€2.99 | £1.99)
    Urban Army Arena Pack (€2.99 | £1.99)
    Zombie Arena Pack (€2.99 | £1.99)
    2x Multiplier (Free)
    5x Multiplier (€4.99 | £2.99)
    10x Multiplier (€9.99 | £6.49)
    Carrot Rifle (€2.99 | £1.99)
    Turnip Mortar (€4.99 | £2.99)
    Watermelon Machine Gun (€4.99 | £2.99)
    Runner Bean Laser (€4.99 | £2.99)
    Clown Bundle (€3.99 | £2.99)
    Luchador Bundle (€3.99 | £2.99)
    Ninja Bundle (€3.99 | £2.99)
    Urban Army Bundle (€3.99 | £2.99)
    Zombie Bundle (€3.99 | £2.99)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• 3D MahJongg (Joindots) - €3.99/ £3.59 (Ends March 24, normally €4.99/£4.49)
  • Fantasy Pirates (EnjoyUp Games) - €0.99/£0.99 (Ends April 7, normally €4.50/£4.50)
  • Football Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends April 7, normally €2.99/£2.36)
  • Gardenscapes (Joindots) - €5.99/£4.49 (Ends March 24, normally €7.99/£5.99)
  • Murder on the Titanic (Joindots) - €5.99/£4.49 (Ends March 24, normally €7.99/£5.99)
  • Rune Factory 4 (XSEED Games) - €19.99/£17.49 (Ends March 17, normally €29.99/£24.99) OMG ITSHAPPENING.GIF
  • Safari Quest (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.99 (Ends March 24, normally €6.99/£4.99)
  • Snow Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends March 17, normally €7.99/£7.19)
  • The Delusions of Von Sottendorff and his Square Mind (Delirium Studios) - €7.99/£7.19 (Ends March 24, normally €12.99/£11.69)
  • The Keep (Cinemax) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends March 24, normally €9.99/£8.99)
  • TOYS VS MONSTERS (EnjoyUp Games) - €0.99/£0.99 (Ends April 7, normally €3.99/£3.99)
  • VAN HELSING SNIPER ZX100 (EnjoyUp Games) - €2.99/£2.99 (Ends April 7, normally €6.66/£6.66)
  • Darts Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games) - €0.99/£0.89 (Ends April 7, normally €2.99/£2.69)

uxwGK.png

Richie

I'm surprised Nintendo didn't put out Super Mario RPG or Mario Kart 64 for Mar10 Day or whatever.

In their eternal wisdom, NoA completely failed to capitalize on the Back To The Future 2 craze by releasing the game referenced in the movie months after the fact; even having the tone deafness to reference the film in the PR release, long after the hype had died down. (NoE, bless their souls, were there just in time).

Nothing against Battle Network 6 but how do you let the 20th anniversary of a beloved classic go by without acknowledging it whatsoever, more so when you're the one region that still doesn't have the game and pushing it just in time for the celebration could garner it more sales?

Top Bottom