• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2016

n64coder

I enjoyed the Direct yesterday. But one thing that I'm not happy about...

No Picross 3D 2 news!

I do have enough Picross to keep me busy. Still playing Pokemon Picross and haven't finished up e6. I admit I was reading the 3DS hacking thread to toy with the idea of doing the hack so I could get/play the JP Picross 3D 2. But I ditched that idea because I have way too much stuff that I could play.

tolkir

Got it!!!

Besides, those who played 4 Ultimate will have bonus content in Generations.

MH4U save data bonus – Those with Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate save data will receive a bonus item pack that includes an exclusive Palico armor set, potions, in-game money, and more to help dive right in to the hunt.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, Japan already has a ton of SNES games confirmed for 3DS VC. Kirby's Dream Course, two Fire Emblem games, Mega Man X1/2/3, Mega Man 7, Super Street Fighter 2, Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Final Fight 1/2/Guy, Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Mystical Ninja, & Contra 3.

At the very least, we know 3rd party is on board with all the Capcom titles and those two Konami games.

TheMoon

Man, Japan already has a ton of SNES games confirmed for 3DS VC. Kirby's Dream Course, two Fire Emblem games, Mega Man X1/2/3, Mega Man 7, Super Street Fighter 2, Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Final Fight 1/2/Guy, Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Mystical Ninja, & Contra 3.

At the very least, we know 3rd party is on board with all the Capcom titles and those two Konami games.

+ Super Castlevania IV

some random intern at Konami found their bosses approval stamp :D

shingi70

Banned
I'm hoping Mynintendo launches next week or two, I don't want to buy any digital games until its released and i'm dying to Play Birthright.

Pokemaniac

I'm hoping Mynintendo launches next week or two, I don't want to buy any digital games until its released and i'm dying to Play Birthright.

There's a lot of maintenance going on on Monday. Though, based on the schedule Nintendo gave, that will probably be Japan only if anything. Japan is supposed to get the stuff first.

Rizzi

yG7RGvv.jpg
Told y'all it was out. :p

gerudoman

Wow, that's actually kind of nice. I'd get DKC2 then pick up Earthbound for half price.

Now I just wonder how many more games we'll get after this & if it'll match the Wii U VC library eventually.

From what I understand the promotion doesn't carry over to the following week, which means you only get a 50% discount for the other game released that week.

• Super Mario World (Nintendo | SNES | €7.99 | £7.19 or €3.99 | £3.59 if you bought Earthbound) Trailer
  • EarthBound (Nintendo | SNES | €9.99 | £8.99 or €4.99 | £4.49 if you bought Super Mario World) Trailer
    PS_WiiUVC_SuperMarioWorld_search_thumb.png
    TM_WiiUVC_Earthbound_search_thumb.png

Super Mario World is 3€ if you have already bought EarthBound, it isn't a 50% discount but the other way around would mean that people who downloaded EarthBound first would have to pay 1 more euro to get both than the people who bought Mario World first.

I'd like to take advantage of the promotion and get Mario World, which I love, but I can't really justify its purchase considering I already own the superior GBA version, which does save dragon coin progress and looks pretty good compared to other SNES to GBA ports.

The completionist within me made me buy SMW again.
My 3DS has the Mario NES trilogy, 2 USA, now Mario World and Yoshi's Island (GBA) plus Mario Land 1 and 2, Wario Land 1 to 4 and the Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong arcade games (NES versions of course).
Being able to have the complete original 2D Mario series digitally on a handheld was far too enticing!
The 1:1 pixel mode looks very good too and it means I got EarthBound cheaper.

I've never played EarthBound before btw. Nor Super Metroid or Donkey Kong Country 2.
REALLY looking forward to these next few weeks :D

TheMoon

My only complaint with SNES on N3DS VC is that it lacks the button remapping from Wii U VC. That would've been cool.

And I hope they add download play to stuff like Mario Kart like they did for some NES games on 3DS VC.

KingWool

Banned
Got to thinking. Aside from the insane issue of no cross buy, Nintendo is once again drop feeding SNES titles on 3DS. Surely they won't start all over again kn the NX...surely.

Umibozu

Have decided on holding off on digital purchases until the mynintendo account becomes fully implemented to take advantage of the digital discounts
Got to thinking. Aside from the insane issue of no cross buy, Nintendo is once again drop feeding SNES titles on 3DS. Surely they won't start all over again kn the NX...surely.
Don't do this to yourself.

TheMoon

Why wouldn't they. Anyone expecting different was fooling themselves. This is still the same platform and nothing would have changed here in that regard. The only chance of this changing is the fresh start on a new platform.

Simbabbad

Can someone here tell me how the European version Aban Hawkins & the 1001 SPIKES runs on 3DS? I heard so much horror stories between bugs and lousy "patches" about this game that I lost track if this version runs as it should or not? I already have it on Steam, but I'd like it on portable.

Drop feeding is the surest way to:

1) Not have droughts.
2) Be able to control promotion and hype thanks to other releases (such as releasing an old Kirby game shortly before a new Kirby game).
3) Win money. If you release everything at once, tons of titles will get ignored in favour of the big shots. If you drop feed them, starving people give some other titles a chance.

They're doing it for a reason. So it won't stop if those reasons are still there.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not gonna lie, I thought that was some kind of April Fools joke at first, but hey, I'd be up for this since it's more Picross.

Just reminds me that we never got either Club Nintendo Picross game in the US where it was all Nintendo-themed puzzles.

jholmes

My Nintendo: Twilight Princess Picross has been leaked...................YES MORE PICROSS

Twilight Pricross?

Pokemon Picross got me into picross, but it also got me into not wanting to bother with another free-to-play picross game because that is just a pain in the ass. If this is free-to-play I'll probably play it but no way I spend money on it.

BooJoh

Twilight Pricross?

Pokemon Picross got me into picross, but it also got me into not wanting to bother with another free-to-play picross game because that is just a pain in the ass. If this is free-to-play I'll probably play it but no way I spend money on it.

Since it says My Nintendo in the title I'm guessing it would be something you buy with My Nintendo points and then there's no further payment.

The title screen also has the standard layout of the Picross-e games with a Zelda skin thrown over it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, this seems similar to the Club Nintendo Picross games that Japan got, where it's the Picross e# titles but with a Nintendo theme....well, Zelda for this.

I wonder how many puzzles it would have if it's JUST Twilight Princess. I could see a ton if they had it be based on the entire franchise, but hopefully it won't be light on content.

Either way, I don't mind the idea of more exclusive games as rewards. This is already a sign that it could be better than the old Club Nintendo which just had....what, that WiiWare title on the Ultra Hand.

jholmes

Yeah, this seems similar to the Club Nintendo Picross games that Japan got, where it's the Picross e# titles but with a Nintendo theme....well, Zelda for this.

I wonder how many puzzles it would have if it's JUST Twilight Princess. I could see a ton if they had it be based on the entire franchise, but hopefully it won't be light on content.

Either way, I don't mind the idea of more exclusive games as rewards. This is already a sign that it could be better than the old Club Nintendo which just had....what, that WiiWare title on the Ultra Hand.

Game & Watch Collection 1 and 2, and Doc Louis's Punch-Out!!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, we did have 2 physical games & the first Platinum reward (though I chose the Mario hat instead).

Hopefully, this TP Picross will be "priced" reasonably since it'll probably be the first thing I'll get once My Nintendo is actually up.

Weebos

Banned
Is the SNES F-Zero worth checking out?

I've never played an F-Zero game and I'm curious, is there a better one to jump to instead?

I think there is a GBA one on Wii-U?

I've never played an F-Zero game and I'm curious, is there a better one to jump to instead?

I think it is. All the F Zero titles are different enough to make them worth playing.

The music of the SNES one is sooooo good.

Rizzi

Downloaded the demo of Hyrule Warriors Legends, and it runs a lot smoother than I thought it would. Obviously it doesn't look as nice as the Wii U version, but it seems acceptable.

BooJoh

The whole series is so varied.

The SNES game is lighter on content but can be pretty challenging.
Maximum Velocity on GBA feels very different from anything else in the series, different cars with different handling, different tracks, and can be rather difficult.
GP Legend on GBA modernizes the SNES game pretty well (and includes its tracks as unlockables) but loses most of the challenge in the process.

The 3D entries would also work as an intro to the series, but they're completely different too. F-Zero X is probably a great starting point, but if you don't mind a challenge then GX is the pinnacle of the series.

Honestly I think any of them would be a good starting point except for Maximum Velocity.

Shizza

The SNES one is one of my favorites! It can get pretty tricky around some of the later courses, but once you get the hang of the mechanics, such as: quick turns (using L & R), figuring out when to let go of the gas and when to use the boost, it gets quite exciting. The old-school electronic music is very fitting for the game's setting. And this game's excellent use of Mode-7 made it something special for it's time.

There's also 2 GBA games in the 2.5D F-Zero series, but I haven't played them yet.

Robin64

Oh wow, Twilight Princess Picross! That's awesome news. I've recently been playing Club Nintendo Picross (and +) and was always sad they never came to the west so everyone could experience them. Hopefully this one does.

JoeM86

This week's Wii U VC titles:

Super Mario Advance
Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3

Buy 2 of them and get the third free until March 24th

No sign of e-Reader stages in SMA4

TheMoon

Classic. Yes.

Otherwise, get GP Legend on Wii U VC.

Super Mario Advance

Why would there be a sign. There was no sign in NA as well, they were just in there. Why wouldn't they be in there now. The levels are in the EU ROM anyway.

Robin64

It was mentioned in NA, though. It's on the page for the game on the US site, and sites like Polygon mentioned the extra levels before release.

However, there's no logical reason they'll be missing here, so no panicking until that unlikely event turns out to be true.

I promise.

ramparter

Banned

Super Mario Advance

Nice deal I would buy if I didn't know nintendo would have me buy them again on NX.

Top Bottom