• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2014

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, this time for real:

which one is the good SMT game again?

All of them. You really can't go wrong with any of the 3DS SMT games. Devil Survivor is supposed to be a good tactical RPG. To simplify the gameplay, think of Fire Emblem movement on the battlefield, but RPG battles when you get close to enemies. That's not the entire game, but that's what it is in a nutshell. SMT IV is my personal favorite of the 3DS SMT games, but it doesn't seem to be on sale.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just Mega Man IV for me. Need to finish up III.

$15 for Devil Survivor Overclocked seems tempting, but I'll wait & see what else Atlus will put on sale, especially considering how often they do sales.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Just Mega Man IV for me. Need to finish up III.

$15 for Devil Survivor Overclocked seems tempting, but I'll wait & see what else Atlus will put on sale, especially considering how often they do sales.

EO is on sale this week for $20 a piece, and last week was SMT IV. Not sure what else they could put on sale. LoL

L~A

BnrphoFCcAESJDx.png:large

Miiverse (Europe).

yaesir

Any idea when is Moon Chronicles going online?

Anyonw know if you buy the first chapter you get the others or is it going to be $10 for each chapter?

bjork

A baseball game for 3DS? Between this and Rusty's, the 3DS has more baseball than 360 this year! I'm there.

ATLUS Sale – For two weeks, Code of Princess™, Shin Megami Tensei®: Devil Survivor™ Overclocked and more will be at their lowest prices yet! Starting at 9 a.m. PT on May 19 through 9 a.m. PT on June 2, get these cool ATLUS games for $14.99 each in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

Absolutely in for Overclocked at that price. Going to finally need to get a bigger SD card though.

maxcriden

Any idea when is Moon Chronicles going online?

Anyonw know if you buy the first chapter you get the others or is it going to be $10 for each chapter?

I believe you'll need to pay for each chapter a la carte, but that the subsequent chapters are shorter and cheaper:

■Episode 1: $8.99 (contains chapters 1 - 4 + 6 VR Missions: ~4 hours of gameplay).
■Episode 2 (as DLC): $1.99 (contains chapters 5 - 8: ~2 hours of gameplay).
■Episode 3 (as DLC): $1.99 (contains chapters 9 - 12: ~2 hours of gameplay).
■Episode 4 (as DLC): $1.99 (contains chapters 13 - 16: ~2 hours of gameplay).

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...on_the_3ds_eshop_in_north_america_on_15th_may

With less than 12 hours remaining, it still needs ~25k to hit the 3DS target (if current PayPal contributions are accurate).
They've got a live stream event starting at 1:00 PM CST, but yeah, the final day momentum hadn't really hit. I'm good for just the PC version but am still crossing my fingers for 3DS.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well that's odd. The eShop has been updated (downloaded Mega Man IV), but I don't see the other Atlus games discounted. Overclocked is still $30.

Camjo-Z

Gonna grab Moon Chronicles! My Circle Pad Pro has been dying to get some use beyond MH3U and the occasional round of Galaxy Force 2.

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Club Nintendo Rewards

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Code of Princess (Atlus | $14.99 until 06/02, then $29.99) Upcoming 05/19
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked (Atlus | $14.99 until 06/02, then $29.99) Upcoming 05/19
  • Big Bass Arcade: No Limit (Big John Games | $TBC until 06/05, then $6.99)
  • Smash Bowling 3D (Big John Games | $TBC until 06/05, then $4.99)

Nintendo DSi | DsiWare

vYU92.png

Wii U | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• You get a free download code for Kirby's Dream Land 2 if you purchase Kirby: Triple Deluxe from Nintendo eShop by 06/12. The download code is valid until 07/13.

uxwGK.png

Wii U | Virtual Console

rjc571

Banned
So the first Moon Chronicles episode contains chapters 1-4 of the original game... but Chapter 1 is only three minutes long? Whaa...?

On the plus side, DAMN does it feel good to walk around in first person with 3D visuals at 60 fps.

I kinda wish NA was getting Mr. Driller 2 this week, I am strangely in the mood for a game like that right now.

I don't see what Mr. Driller 2 on the GBA brings to the table... it just seems like a really ghetto version of Mr. Driller with a tiny viewing area and terrible music. You might as well get the Wiiware Mr. Driller game for your Wii U instead.

Anyone have thoughts on ARC STYLE: Baseball 3D? With the season in full swing I'm craving a fun, arcade-y baseball title to pal around with. Not a ton of info online, how have the other ARC STYLE games been?

yaesir

So the first Moon Chronicles episode contains chapters 1-4 of the original game... but Chapter 1 is only three minutes long? Whaa...?

On the plus side, DAMN does it feel good to walk around in first person with 3D visuals at 60 fps.

I don't see what Mr. Driller 2 on the GBA brings to the table... it just seems like a really ghetto version of Mr. Driller with a tiny viewing area and terrible music. You might as well get the Wiiware Mr. Driller game for your Wii U instead.

That was the prologue, at least i played the prologue in about 4min, after that is chapter 1 from what i saw, but i'm only going to play later at night

maxcriden

That was the prologue, at least i played the prologue in about 4min, after that is chapter 1 from what i saw, but i'm only going to play later at night

Hopefully the entire episode is a bit longer on the whole. I think it's supposed to be about 4 hrs long, maybe including the VR missions.

oatmeal

Banned
Nothing for me this week unfortunately.

Super Metroid is a great one...though I had already bought it on the Wii and got in on the 30c Wii U version (what a crazy few months that was).

SummitAve

Banned
Anyone have thoughts on ARC STYLE: Baseball 3D? With the season in full swing I'm craving a fun, arcade-y baseball title to pal around with. Not a ton of info online, how have the other ARC STYLE games been?

I'm interested in this as well. I'm also still waiting for nintendo pocket football club for NA. I need more fun sports games... Nintendo Hockey anything please!

I'm interested in this as well. I'm also still waiting for nintendo pocket football club for NA. I need more fun sports games... Nintendo Hockey anything please!
I forgot GB Baseball came out, I remember enjoying that as a kid... Probably doesn't hold up but might be an OK alternative.

Regardless, will likely take a flyer on ARC, will post impressions once I do. Hate how there's barely any coverage of Nintendo's digital releases.

I don't have a wii remote for the wii u, and gamepad support off tv play is always a plus

rjc571

Banned
The first episode of Moon Chronicles is REALLY short. It took me 45 minutes to complete while finding all three artifacts. (I didn't play the unlocked extra mission yet though.) Of the first four chapters, chapter 2 is the only one with any meat to it. Chapter 1 is the prologue, chapter 3 is just a boss fight, and chapter 4 is a short escape sequence followed by a short driving sequence.

Can someone who played Moon on the DS tell me if the remaining chapters are all short like this? At 9 dollars for 45 minutes of gameplay, I feel rather ripped off. I understand that the next three episodes will only cost $2 each, but I don't think they're doing themselves any favors by putting in such a high starting price for the first episode. They're liable to piss off a lot of people and cost themselves sales when word gets out how short the first episode is.

EDIT: Just played the VR mission, took me an extra 10 minutes. Still less than an hour of gameplay.

PS I don't see how this can possibly be played with the Circle Pad Pro. The enemies dance around in a way that would be impossible for anyone to track using a joystick. The joystick aiming options must use auto-aim out the ass.

Mr. Driller 2 was the game that got me to buy a Game Boy Advance (and it was an import).

I was slightly amused when it came out in the US several years later (all while I had the immensely superior Mr. Driller A).

bjork

So I got that baseball game, here's my very brief impressions (only got to play for about 20ish minutes) -

Seems pretty okay. The controls might take a little bit to get used to. Like with pitching, you can select the pitch with either the d-pad or the shoulder buttons, but you move the cursor with the analog. Fielding some hits brings up a button prompt and if you miss, the ball goes by you. Running and hitting seemed simple enough, but I keep wanting to control everything with the d-pad and you can't. Might play a full game or two and get settled in, I only had time for about two innings.

You can also make a custom team. You pick home and away uniforms, with lots of colors and designs, but preset stuff. No making your own logos or patterns that I can see. You can also edit each character, with multiple body sizes (though female is just "girl" and there's only the one female body), skin tones/hair styles and colors/facial features, and which hand they bat and throw with, also which way they throw, like overhand or sidearm, etc.

I don't think you can edit stats at all, but I played with a custom team that I'd only customized one player for, and the other teams all had stats but mine, and five-star ratings scale for each. Mine had no stars yet. So maybe as you perform, you can have your level go up or down? Not sure. There was also a team spot marked with ? so I'm assuming you unlock something, no idea what.

But for $5, it seems not bad. I like baseball games when they aren't too sim-focused, and this doesn't seem to be.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
So I got that baseball game, here's my very brief impressions (only got to play for about 20ish minutes) -

Seems pretty okay. The controls might take a little bit to get used to. Like with pitching, you can select the pitch with either the d-pad or the shoulder buttons, but you move the cursor with the analog. Fielding some hits brings up a button prompt and if you miss, the ball goes by you. Running and hitting seemed simple enough, but I keep wanting to control everything with the d-pad and you can't. Might play a full game or two and get settled in, I only had time for about two innings.

You can also make a custom team. You pick home and away uniforms, with lots of colors and designs, but preset stuff. No making your own logos or patterns that I can see. You can also edit each character, with multiple body sizes (though female is just "girl" and there's only the one female body), skin tones/hair styles and colors/facial features, and which hand they bat and throw with, also which way they throw, like overhand or sidearm, etc.

I don't think you can edit stats at all, but I played with a custom team that I'd only customized one player for, and the other teams all had stats but mine, and five-star ratings scale for each. Mine had no stars yet. So maybe as you perform, you can have your level go up or down? Not sure. There was also a team spot marked with ? so I'm assuming you unlock something, no idea what.

But for $5, it seems not bad. I like baseball games when they aren't too sim-focused, and this doesn't seem to be.

What baseball game are you talking about? The only one I can think of is Rusty's Real Deal Baseball, but that doesn't seem like what you're talking about.

Top Bottom