• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2014

Qurupeke

DSiWare is different to retail DS games.

I found it good fun. Tricky to capture all 718 Pokémon, too!
Oh, all of them? Cool.
Most people are positive. A few people however found it was not their cup of tea. It seems like the kind of game that once you "get it" you can keep the game almost perpetually (as in the difficulty peaks a bit early). It still has the occasional tricky stage (there is one that is all
Unown and you have to match 3 of each letter
).

I'd really appreciate a game like that right now.

moozoom

This week, in Europe

Wii U
Squids Odyssey €12.99 (£9.99)

Hope people will check this... A friend of mine ( http://gorgonzola3000.deviantart.com/ ) did the character design and awesome art, and I helped painting some of the backgrounds. My first videogame job ! Seems like they put together the two games together for this release ( Squids + Squids Wild West ) but I've no idea if they added or changed anything besides that...

Refyref

See my post above. They both are DSiWare so as I said earlier DS games CAN work as DSiWare.

I didn't say they can't, just that you'd run into storage issues really fast, which is why it would be preferable to repack them as 3DS software, so you won't have that issue.

How long has that game been delayed?

A few months. But right now it's in the approval process, so hopefully we won't have to wait much longer.

While DS games can likely work as 3DS digital downloads if Nintendo would just wrap them up as 3DS applications, releasing them as native DS programs to run like DSiWare won't work, since the DS BC mode can't load games off the SD card, and is limited to 256MB of the internal storage. That makes it hard to store more than one at a time, and many won't even fit.

i wonder how they were able to release advance wars on the japanese eshop as a reward, im sure they are able to do it somehow, they just hate money...

Also , you can already move the dsiware games to the sd card, and then move them back to the internal memory to play them, so no need to worry about the limit if hy can make that process more straightforward

JoeM86

i wonder how they were able to release advance wars on the japanese eshop as a reward, im sure they are able to do it somehow, they just hate money...

Also , you can already move the dsiware games to the sd card, and then move them back to the internal memory to play them, so no need to worry about the limit if hy can make that process more straightforward

They recoded it to work like that, that's how they were able to.

rjc571

Banned
The GBA ambassador games which run natively in DS mode can be launched directly from the SD card, so I see no reason that actual DS games couldn't run from SD as well. Actually I have no idea why Nintendo doesn't let you run DSiware from the SD card. Security reasons, maybe?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
ETA is Jan 2016 though. The Wii U is on life support now, I can't imagine what state it might be in by then.

I''l buy it in Jan 16, no problem :)
(meanwhile I still have to buy Scram kitty, Child of light, Stick it, Unepic and the incoming Sword and soldier hd...I'm a disaster!!!!)

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Omori (Kickstarter) looks awesome with those Earthbound-like vibes, but it'll be pretty difficult for it to reach the 3DS stretch goal at $180k (Vita's is even crazier at 250k)
It's funded at 75k so far with 17 days left. Seems to be meant to be played on a portable, IMO.
Either way it looks great, I wonder how come they're shunning home-console ports altogether.

Is anyone doing a SQUIDS Odyssey OT?

Enjoying the game a good amount right now.

Though it is just mobile games bundled together, I believe

Hope people will check this... A friend of mine ( http://gorgonzola3000.deviantart.com/ ) did the character design and awesome art, and I helped painting some of the backgrounds. My first videogame job ! Seems like they put together the two games together for this release ( Squids + Squids Wild West ) but I've no idea if they added or changed anything besides that...
It's Squids + Squids Wild West plus a new, exclusive third campaign set in "the Japanese kingdom of Wakame." There's also a new character and some new helmets: http://thegamebakers.com/games

cacildo

Remember that Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survival Overclocked (i think) was supposed to be on sale for $15 on the eshop starting today?

Well... at what time should we expect this to happen?

rjc571

Banned
Aw man, Europe gets Klonoa this week? Lucky bastards!

I'm buying it as soon as it's up in NA, even though I would so much rather play GBA games on 3DS than Wii U.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Remember that Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survival Overclocked (i think) was supposed to be on sale for $15 on the eshop starting today?

Well... at what time should we expect this to happen?
It should be now, since the store updates at Noon ET/9 AM PT. I'll check & see what the full list is.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Here's the Atlus games on sale for $15:

- Code of Princess
- SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked
- Soul Hackers

cacildo

Nintendo please give us N64 and GC virtual console. I want RE2 (N64) Via virtual console.

Never gonna happen.

But it would be brilliant... ive played this game one billion times, especially since it was one of the only "action" games on the N64.

But just to think about the sound of inventory screen opening makes me wish i could play it again

zigg

Well that's certainly more than the 27MB you quoted. (I think it's 125MB).

Yes. Coro Pata and Advance Wars are 100% DSiWare.
Interesting. I had once—and the logic I used to arrive at this escapes me now—figured DSiWare had a per-title cap of 16MiB (roughly ⅛ of available storage).

Regardless of size, I'm quite sure that a DS title needs to be rebuilt for DSiWare, because I know DS titles had save routines for their physical cards compiled in.

Refyref

Any of these worth getting, then?

(And why?)

Soul Hackers is a great first person dungeon crawler from the Saturn. It does show a bit that it's a game from 1997, and doesn't work exactly like what you'd expect from modern MegaTen games (Demons don't gain levels, all battle moves are decided before the round, like DQ, and other such things), but otherwise, if you like first person dungeon crawlers, it's a must.

Devil Survivor is a great SRPG with some MegaTen traditions, like fusion and the battle system. When you battle someone on the map, whether it's your turn or your enemy, you get into a single round of a MegaTen battle, and you can earn another round for party members if you perform well in battle.

In terms of difficulty, Soul Hackers is on the easy side of MegaTen games, while Devil Survivor is more on the hard side. Well, at least the DS version, the 3DS version added an easy mode, although I have no idea how it changes things.

I have no idea about Code of Princess.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Updated eShop list - It looks like the Wii U eShop is hitting its stride =).

Adding to the Wii U eShop recent/future release list (NA)

4/25 - NES Remix 2
4/30 - Child of Light
5/1 - Stick it to the Man
5/1 - Abyss
5/15 - Scram Kitty
5/15 - Color Zen
5/22 - Swords & Soldiers HD
5/22 - Squids Odyssey
5/29 - Gravity Badgers
6/5 - I've got to Run

ohlawd

Devil Survivor is fucking addicting. Redeemed my launch 3DS completely singlehanded; one hell of a game and it's $15, so much value in there.

also

Banned
Should I get devil survivor? Currently $15

Do it!
It's a great SRPG with a grid based movement system and turn based battles. The map and enemy design require you to make good use of the available skills and the demon fusing system but the game never feels grindy. Also, unlike in FE: Awakening, the impact of randomness is minimized, so if you fail will you will blame your poor strategy skills and not the RNG or some unforeseen circumstances.
The game's modern real world setting is also a breath of fresh air compared to most fictional RPG worlds and the interesting story has multiple endings and paths so you will probably want to make use of the NG+ at least once.

For 15$ it's an absolute steal!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, was $10 as part of Amazon's Black Friday Gold deal. I still have the CD that came with it.

4/25 - NES Remix 2
4/30 - Child of Light
5/1 - Abyss
5/15 - Scram Kitty
5/15 - Color Zen
5/22 - Squids Odyssey
5/29 - Gravity Badgers
6/5 - I've got to Run
That's pretty cool, though I wonder if we'll soon have weeks of eShop drought between releases again.

cacildo

Already got home and playing devil survivor

Im enjoying it, but the fact that it uses the bottom screen as the main screen is unexcusable

Penguin

4/25 - NES Remix 2
4/30 - Child of Light
5/1 - Abyss
5/15 - Scram Kitty
5/15 - Color Zen
5/22 - Squids Odyssey
5/29 - Gravity Badgers
6/5 - I've got to Run

I wonder if they would save something like Shovel Knight for e3 to say it's available right now on the eshop or something.

Top Bottom