• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2014

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I wonder if they would save something like Shovel Knight for e3 to say it's available right now on the eshop or something.

That'd be interesting.

Adding to the Wii U eShop recent/future release list (NA)

4/25 - NES Remix 2
4/30 - Child of Light
5/1 - Stick it to the Man
5/1 - Abyss
5/15 - Scram Kitty
5/15 - Color Zen
5/22 - Swords & Soldiers HD
5/22 - Squids Odyssey
5/29 - Gravity Badgers
5/29 - Ittle Dew
6/5 - I've got to Run

steveovig

I don't really even want DS games on the Wii-U. I've still got all my carts and there aren't too many DS games I want that I don't already own.

Bleeether

I've been hording my reward points for a year now in hopes of a decent 3ds game. I always seem to miss out on the cool games.

Is Kirby's Adventure a decent game? Never played it before. Maybe i should keep hording?

jholmes

Japan gets Joy Mech Fight and a Famicom Detective Club game on the Virtual Console next week. Maybe we'll catch up on some GBA stuff, or maybe Mega Man or Castlevania?

GeekyDad

Here's the Atlus games on sale for $15:

- Code of Princess
- SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked
- Soul Hackers

Jeez, anyone who doesn't yet own Overclocked needs to dive on this deal face-first. The other two are also worth $15, but damn, don't miss the Overclocked deal.

tolkir

uxwGK.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

steveovig

So, this is coming in the next couple months. It's passed all of the submission steps except lot check, so it might actually keep it's title.

nOZV7rlh.jpg

Looks just like Bomberman. I guess if Konami isn't going to give us a Bomberman game, these guys might as well. Doesn't seem to have online though.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Some eShop game Chubbins is now going to release on the Wii U eShop 6/5. Did Nintendo just get through testing a ton of eShop games or something? Suddenly this week a ton of games have gotten release dates.

steveovig

Looks like Street Fighter Alpha 2 might be the Wii-U game tomorrow for VC. I'm assuming the SNES version. Was there a GBA version?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, it's the SNES version. Meanwhile, Gargoyle's Quest 2 was confirmed for the Wii U VC in Japan not long after it was released for the 3DS VC. Still waiting on that & some others to come here.

& yes, Alpha 1 did have a GBC version. Alpha 3 had a GBA version as mentioned above & then that PSP Max port. Alpha 2 had no portable versions.

Robin64

Alpha 2 on the SNES is actually my favourite version of that and my favourite fighter on the system in general. Good shit!

Phoenixus

Would I be right in thinking that Mario Kart 8 will be up on the eShop at midnight next Thursday? Haven't yet downloaded any First Party Retail games on day one so I wasn't sure, but I'd love for it to be earlier. :)

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Would I be right in thinking that Mario Kart 8 will be up on the eShop at midnight next Thursday? Haven't yet downloaded any First Party Retail games on day one so I wasn't sure, but I'd love for it to be earlier. :)

It should post at midnight EST / 9pm Pacific.

jholmes

Some eShop game Chubbins is now going to release on the Wii U eShop 6/5. Did Nintendo just get through testing a ton of eShop games or something? Suddenly this week a ton of games have gotten release dates.

This is disappointing, because the Chubbins guys went around a few corners of the Internet looking for feedback for their game. They announced it was coming to the Wii U, and the Internet screamed back that it looked very cheap and generic, and they sounded like they were keeping an open mind and taking that feedback to heart. Of course, if they really wanted to spruce up the visuals, that probably would've taken them more than a week.

jholmes

Is the SNES Street Fighter Alpha 2 even any good or should I just stick with Turbo?

I personally like it but a Street Fighter super-fan and snob I'm friends with once called it the worst Street Fighter port made, worse even than the Game Boy stuff. I think he was just trying to piss me off.

The gameplay is solid and it has a different roster than Turbo of course, but be forewarned that there are indeed load times.

SuperPac

Alpha 2 on the SNES is actually my favourite version of that and my favourite fighter on the system in general. Good shit!

Is that Alpha 2 the one that has load times on a cartridge game? Cuz that was always interesting to see. I think that Donalf Duck game has them as well, released sorta around the same-ish time?

Ondore

Is that Alpha 2 the one that has load times on a cartridge game? Cuz that was always interesting to see. I think that Donalf Duck game has them as well, released sorta around the same-ish time?

Oh yeah, that's the one. It's a damn good effort for cramming Alpha onto a SNES cart, though.

L Thammy

SNES version of Alpha 2 isn't as good as the arcade, but it's not immensely horrible or anything. It's basically just technical issues. It still looks really good and plays well. Rather, it plays well if you're a fan of that energetic, combo-heavy Darkstalkers-era fighter.

Joy Mech Fight we could potentially get in NA. I mean, if Nintendo felt like it, I'm not saying it's likely. It's a really simple fighting game. There's very little text to translate. As opposed to Famicom Detective Club, which is a visual novel.

It should be. If you're in Europe though remember this. The free game promo starts at 10:00 on the 30th. So if you register the Club Nintendo PIN before then you might not get it. I'm not sure if having an account linked automatically registers the PIN either.

GeekyDad

Kirby's Adventure is such a beautiful 3D Classic. In terms of NES games that still hold up, it's probably my favorite. Looks so good in 3D.

L~A

Wii U Download

Swords & Soldiers HD
Squids Odyssey
Fit Music

Wii U Virtual Console

Street Fighter Alpha 2

3DS Download

Turtle Tale
Alien On The Run

3DS Virtual Console

Mega Man V

3DS Demo

Alien on the Run

DSiWare

Lost Treasures of Alexandria

eShop sales

Darts Up 3D – Starting today through 9 a.m. PT on June 11, Darts Up 3D is 67 percent off in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

Classic Games Overload – For a limited time, get $10 off Classic Games Overload in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. This offer ends at 9 a.m. PT on June 2.

Joindots – For a limited time, Joindots is discounting select games, including 3D MahJongg, Funfair Party Games and Gardenscapes in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. This offer ends at 9 a.m. PT on June 5.

BLOK DROP U – Now through 9 a.m. PT on June 4, BLOK DROP U is 25 percent off in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.

AeternoBlade – For a limited time, Aeternoblade is on sale in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. This offer starts on May 23 and ends at 9 a.m. PT on May 26.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Mega Man V for me this week. Too bad we're almost done with the Mega Man games. I like having a new game to play each week.

And with Minish Cap likely coming next week, it seems they really didn't manage to put out Super Mario Kart before the release of Mario Kart 8, strange.

Top Bottom