• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads | September 2017

I knew when Golf Story was advertised as just coming in "September" sometime instead of a solid date.... literally during the month of September that something was up.

So weird they let it be mentioned twice on major Nintendo announcement video things then still (probably) miss the time frame. Surely they have an idea of what is happening with these things enough to avoid saying a date so close to the current date if there was a chance it wouldn't make it in time?

TheMoon

I knew when Golf Story was advertised as just coming in "September" sometime instead of a solid date.... literally during the month of September that something was up.

So weird they let it be mentioned twice on major Nintendo announcement video things then still (probably) miss the time frame. Surely they have an idea of what is happening with these things enough to avoid saying a date so close to the current date if there was a chance it wouldn't make it in time?

Could easily just have been in lotcheck and they found an issue which means fixing plus going through lotcheck again.

japtor

Zerodiv (that made the Strikers 1945 and Gunbarich ports) will continue with their Switch work.

Zero Gunner 2 arrives soon, and after that games from the Sengoku-Gunbird-Strikers 1945 franchises. And perhaps some original/non-ports arriving later on as well.

http://nintendoeverything.com/zerod...-to-switch-soon-other-arcade-games-to-follow/
Holy shit I never expected Zero Gunner 2 to get ported to anything.

(And now I’m sad that Cannon Spike will probably remain stuck on Naomi/DC cause Capcom blows nowadays)

Bumhead

Banned
Seriously thinking of switching (lol) to digital on the Switch.

Is it normal for games not to be listed on the eshop at all until the day they launch? Just had a look to see if FIFA was up yet but no sign of it.

tolkir

Seriously thinking of switching (lol) to digital on the Switch.

Is it normal for games not to be listed on the eshop at all until the day they launch? Just had a look to see if FIFA was up yet but no sign of it.

Totally normal, lack of preorder doesn't help.
At least, we know Fifa is launching this week. Sometimes we know a game is coming to Switch the same day of its release

Edit: Thumper has 25% sale on EU eShop.

Shahadan

Funny I almost bought Thumper yesterday and thought I'd wait for a sale, lol

Fortunately south africa is considered EU and it gets the discount as well, time to dust that account for something like 12€

Nice, so many freakin' games coming out all at once lol. Hopefully it is as good as it looks!

Between all these releases the last few months and now the SNES Mini... how can anyone play them all? :D

Arthos

Man, I'm still getting through the games I purchased when I got the Switch about two months ago.

Now I'm here adding Rabbids, Xenoverse 2, Steamworld Dig 2, and Golf Story to my library in just a month. I need more time to play games!

I'll nab Golf Story when it goes up this week.

jariw

So, now when Golf Story release date has been confirmed, Wulverblade still hasn't been confirmed for release this week, has it? It was described as a September release in the recent Nindie Showcase.

tolkir

giphy.webp

Binaries this week

steveovig

Physical Contact: Picture Place just got added to the Coming Soon section of the NA eShop and Butcher to the EU one. So that could be 14 games this week (if you count the inevitable Neo Geo release from Hamster).

Don't forget the possibility of Zero Gunner 2 this week.

tolkir

So, right now, the final list would be:

26 - Sine Mora EX *NA*
26 - Lego Ninjago Movie *EU*
27 - Arcade Mario Bros.
28 - Golf Story
28 - Picross S
28 - Butcher
28 - Deemo
28 - Sparkle 2
28 - Conga Master Party!
28 - Brave Dungeon + Dark Witch's Story: Combat
28 - Astro Bears Party
28 - Inversus Deluxe
28 - Binaries
28 - Physical Contact: Picture Place
28 - NeoGeo Game?
29 - FIFA 18
29 - One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Maybe, really, it wasn't a good idea to release few games last week.

TheMoon

they need to seriously overhaul the eShop and it's discoverability options. there are already simply too many games.

Oddduck

Headup Games is targeting Earth Atlantis for a tentative October release date.
https://t.co/T6MrglBYpw

So, right now, the final list would be:

26 - Sine Mora EX *NA*
26 - Lego Ninjago Movie *EU*
27 - Arcade Mario Bros.
28 - Golf Story
28 - Picross S
28 - Butcher
28 - Deemo
28 - Sparkle 2
28 - Conga Master Party!
28 - Brave Dungeon + Dark Witch's Story: Combat
28 - Astro Bears Party
28 - Inversus Deluxe
28 - Binaries
28 - Physical Contact: Picture Place
28 - NeoGeo Game?
29 - FIFA 18
29 - One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Maybe, really, it wasn't a good idea to release few games last week.

According to Nintendo's website: Pankapu, Tower of Babel, Earth Atlantis are also planned for this week.

http://nintendoeverything.com/18-switch-games-listed-for-release-this-week-on-the-eshop-earth-atlantis-pankapu-binaries-tower-of-babel/

deadfolk

Oh nuts. I just noticed that OnePiece is only $39.99.

But I've already got the Vita version...I don't need it...I don't need it...

Zerodiv (that made the Strikers 1945 and Gunbarich ports) will continue with their Switch work.

Zero Gunner 2 arrives soon, and after that games from the Sengoku-Gunbird-Strikers 1945 franchises. And perhaps some original/non-ports arriving later on as well.

http://nintendoeverything.com/zerod...-to-switch-soon-other-arcade-games-to-follow/

Zero Gunner 2 is one of my favorite Dreamcast games, imported it at release. Except for the final stage and boss which were pretty cheap (if I recall correctly, been quite a few years since I played it), most of the stages are easier or at least a bit more laid back than Psikyo's other games like Strikers and Cannon Spike (which Psikyo developed with Capcom) so in my opinion it's a perfect shmup to chill out with in between other games. The Naomi visuals are lovely and it has a nice mix of traditional vertical shmup auto scrolling along with the ability to position and aim your helicopter in 360 degrees. It's also now very expensive with complete DC copies averaging around $200, really happy ZeroDiv is releasing this on Switch so more people can play this and Psikyo's other games.

Just saw that a store here in NYC has physical copies of Sine Mora EX. Not sure why other stores don't even show any stock.

I'm a little iffy on purchasing it. I've played it before and I had an ok time with it. At $30, it's a tough call.

Boogiepop

Craaaaaap. Looks like my little USB drive (which is like super tiny, hardly bigger than the part that plugs into the console) that was plugged into the back of my WiiU isn't being recognized or something. Just doesn't show up anymore. Think it was about 64 GB or so. I dunno, seems to still be recognized on my computer in that I click on it, but says I can't look in without formatting. Actually said screw it and tried to format on the WiiU and... it just kind of hung up forever. On multiple attempts/ports. Sooo... probably screwed on that, right?

Think I got it from someone in one of these threads (that IIRC may not be around anymore, I'd have to dig) a whiiiiiile back, and I think it had fine reviews when I checked... It was working fine, at least for a good while, but... now it's just not. Sucks that it seems my Xenoblade X file at least was on there...

In theory I guess I could say screw it, accept the losses, and play the juggling the fridge game from now on for the remaining digital games I want to play to play on the system.

Still sucks, though. Think this is the first time I've really had such a memory failure...

Edit: To cut to the point: No chance of recovering the data or getting it back to a point where I can reliably use it on the WiiU I'm guessing, right?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If it matters to Picross fans, Picross S on Switch will NOT have touchscreen controls. I always played using buttons, but I know some people prefer using a stylus.

But man, I can't wait to download it....only to maybe not play it because Danganronpa V3 has its grip on me.

Top Bottom