• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 Plans: Digital Event On 06/16, Nintendo World Championships 2015 on 06/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bits may be in starfox but its still a seperate game. Its always listed as its own project.

Is it? It's listed as separate game in documents of recent FY report, but I remember it being not present in earlier documents.

Project Giant Robot, on the other hand, is definitely a separate game, with its own logo and stuff.

Rocky

Banned
Even though there was some bs talk by Retro about how they weren't done with the franchise because of water segments or dynamic camera (which barely showed up in stages), or whatever, the reality is probably that Nintendo saw DKCR outselling all other Retro titles combined, so they really had no choice other than making a second one, especially since most early WiiU titles are just repeats of the Wii's ,,biggest hits''.
Now that TF bombed into oblivion, the IP must have lost any kind of priority for them, so I don't see it coming back that soon, unless one of the parties involved really demands it (but why would they? Unless they come up with a completely new concept).
And considering that WiiU is ,,boxed cancer'', I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't another WiiU Retro title at all. What they have in the pipeline right now is mostly enough for a dead platform and they can treat lots of stuff from last year like new announcments (like Starfox). And it's not like they care about preventing droughts anymore.

Maybe they are working on the next DK game, but it won't be a DKCR game, instead it will be DK64 Returns!! For me, 3D DK game is best DK game.

Here's a close up pic of the Star Fox logo in project guard, btw
1.jpg
actually...it is kind of Star fox-y https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TkgRUaF_4A
The lasers are even Star fox lasers. Might work as a stage, just as long as it doens't repeat too much
But I want the Great Fox to transform into a giant robot. :mad:
I do too...just not like in Project Giant Robo

Nanashrew

Banned
Seeing as how we saw Project Giant Robot as a standalone title in Nintendo's financial briefing, I think it's safe to assume that is going to be its own game.

20l.jpg

Zalman

Maybe they are working on the next DK game, but it won't be a DKCR game, instead it will be DK64 Returns!! For me, 3D DK game is best DK game.
A new 3D Donkey Kong game would be so cool. Actually, more 3D platformers in general. It's a shame this never happened:

2.jpg

Huh...?

.....oh.

Sony and MS E3 threads got locked for hype trains. Hype trains have been prohibited for about year now it seems but we've all sort of forgotten because of our excitement. They tend to derail threads. I think the best place to make a hype train might be Twitter since it's ideal for shitposting and derailing, just we shouldn't bring it into a thread like this where we're discussing, predicting and hoping of what Nintendo is going to do.

.....oh. Theres goes my chance on being on my first ever GAFtrain. ='(

Thanks for explaining guys.

OT: I seriously am expecting a Amiibo Free to download game to be shown.

Nanashrew

Banned
A new 3D Donkey Kong game would be so cool. Actually, more 3D platformers in general. It's a shame this never happened:

2.jpg

I remember someone from HAL discussing a 3D Kirby game before and saying how much they want make one but they've yet to find a way that it works best with Kirby. I'd love to play a full 3D Kirby game too.

Kinsei

Banned
Serious question: what are people excited to see?

Because I can't help but think of 2016 as real interesting year for Nintendo because of the new hardware, Zelda Wii U and the potential for a all new 3D Mario announcement.

I predict this E3 will be really weird. Hope that their other stuff like the Treehouse + NWC streams will be good.

A new Punch-Out! (After that tweet with Reggie in the track suit there's no way there isn;t one coming)
Retro's new game
Star Fox
Metroid

BY2K

Membero Americo
I think the best way to do Hype Trains would be to have ONE person do it while everyone who wants to get in PM's the guy instead of flooding the thread.

jariw

Serious question: what are people excited to see?

1. Gameplay instead of cinematic trailers
2. Innovative games
3. Well-made games
4. Games that surprise in a good way

Using last year's E3 as an example, things like Splatoon, Mario Maker, Hyrule Warriors, Yoshi's Woolly World, Captain Toad, Bayonetta 1+2.

TheMoon

It's hard for me to imagine another Donkey Kong game by Retro after the poor sales (even by Wii U standards) of Tropical Freeze. I wouldn't mind it, but I don't really see it happening.

Sales are only "poor" considering the massive success of DKCR, the inferior game. While it hasn't cracked a million, the game still did somewhat okay compared against other Wii U games.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Seeing as how we saw Project Giant Robot as a standalone title in Nintendo's financial briefing, I think it's safe to assume that is going to be its own game.

Contrary to all logic, I think "Project Giant Robot" would be a pretty cool title.

Makes sense. Hell, NES Remix 2 has an original one on it.

I didn't care for the remix, it needed something that wasn't a platformer for the middle game :/ Shame they don't have SNES Remix (yet)

Also, where are people currently standing on Mario Maker having Amiibo support? I'm currently thinking you'll be able to scan any Amiibo and play as a reskinned Mario of that amiibo (rendering the Mario amiibo itself particularly useless). This is fairly without consequence and I doubt it would take much work (although I could see the likes of Pac-man proving a challenge)

TheMoon

I think a 3rd DK game by RETRO without new technology would be kind of wasteful.
At least TF was the first HD DK game, but even then it was kind of same-y and they didn't use the gamepad well.
I think maybe a new game by Monster Games, which not only did the port of DKCR on the 3DS, but also seemingly did a lot of the grunt work on DKCTF, would make more sense.
I don't think they feel the need to "complete a trilogy". It was made because of the left over ideas from the first game, but it didn't really do too much new, so is the 3rd game made from more left over ideas? TF could've used that
IIRC, I heard their new game was on a new engine? Or was that just speculation from someone? If that's true, why make a new engine for DK?

You mean "not at all."^^

Also I wouldn't say Monster did "a lot of the gruntwork" ...they just helped out.

The new engine bits comes from job postings (and linkedin?).

Zalman

I remember someone from HAL discussion a 3D Kirby game before and saying how much they want make one but they've yet to find a way that it works best with Kirby. I'd love to play a full 3D Kirby game too.
I think both Kirby and Donkey Kong could work well in a linear 3D platformer like 3D World. I'm sure they could make it work if they really tried.

JoeM86

Also, where are people currently standing on Mario Maker having Amiibo support? I'm currently thinking you'll be able to scan any Amiibo and play as a reskinned Mario of that amiibo (rendering the Mario amiibo itself particularly useless). This is fairly without consequence and I doubt it would take much work (although I could see the likes of Pac-man proving a challenge)

I'm not expecting any.

I was wanting Mario VS Donkey Kong to have amiibo support for all amiibo. It would have been so cool.

2.jpg
I'd love to see 3D re-imaginings for both franchises as well. DK tried by just being a bad BK clone and they didn't try since. Kirby never really tried. Maybe that's what those franchises need to become more popular?
I think Metroid could use with another reboot as well
(3rd person with full camera control, return to a focus on platforming but also exploration)

scamander

Banned
OT: I seriously am expecting a Amiibo Free to download game to be shown.

I really hope they will do this. Imagine an Nintendo Allstars Action-/ Puzzle-Adventure which works with all amiibo. Available as a free eShop-Download and as Retail-version, coming with vouchers for three amiibo of choice.

They really have to fix the messy amiibo situation for this to work, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom