• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Financial Meeting LiveTweets - 1. Surprise 2. QOL 3. France 4. ??? 5. PROFIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

Rösti;98883725 said:
Yeah, I noticed that too. Hopefully they will comment on third party releases for FY14 (and Q4 FY13).

thirdpartiesetj9o.png

Is this the first time Indie games were mentioned as 3rd party games to look for? Interesting approach, but obviously Nintendo is doing it because they have to, not because they want to.

I firmly believe that is good news. Nintendo stay the course with your hardware + software line-up. games sell consoles. release good games.

EmiPrime

President Iwata apologizes for the big cut in its full-year guidance, bows for three seconds. But he says he’s not pessimistic about the game console outlook. And there is no change to game console being the center of its strategy. He insists the company will not be abandoning its hardware business.

From the live blog.

Zane

President Iwata apologizes for the big cut in its full-year guidance, bows for three seconds. But he says he’s not pessimistic about the game console outlook. And there is no change to game console being the center of its strategy. He insists the company will not be abandoning its hardware business.

dat bow

jmizzal

"President Iwata apologizes for the big cut in its full-year guidance, bows for three seconds. But he says he’s not pessimistic about the game console outlook. And there is no change to game console being the center of its strategy. He insists the company will not be abandoning its hardware business. "

Good I love Nintendo hardware

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
If he's doubling down on hardware, I'm sure everyones now fascinated to what the solution to their home console woes are.

"Will continue R & D on hardware in the future"

NEXT CONSOLE TEASE / yes well of course.

radcliff

WSJ-President Iwata apologizes for the big cut in its full-year guidance, bows for three seconds. But he says he’s not pessimistic about the game console outlook. And there is no change to game console being the center of its strategy. He insists the company will not be abandoning its hardware business.

Excited to see what they have to show. I hope it's an actual decisive and realistic plan, as a Nintendo fan.

(prob will be disappointed though)

Revven

The "Please Understands" are strong and in full force already!

But good to hear they're staying the course with their existing hardware/software, imo.

Sandfox

Software and hardware combined?

Does this mean more hardware function/gimmicks tied to software dev?

Basically it means that they are going to continue to make their own hardware to release their software and aren't planning on going 3rd party or mobile only.

Jafku

Staying the course. Not sure how to feel
EDIT:
Basically it means that they are going to continue to make their own hardware to release their software and aren't planning on going 3rd party or mobile only.

Oh good! Just revive some IP's and start new one's.

ampere

Sorry, won't change is hardware and software combined is the strategy won't put games on other platforms, but learns lessons from past

Hmm, I really think they should change their mind on this.

At least release older games reworked for iOS. It could be a big revenue source. And what about stuff like Dr Mario? People love little puzzle games on their phone. It doesn't devalue the new games on Wii U or 3DS if it's little bite sized experiences.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I do wonder how investors will take this double down, and how much pressure Iwata will be under to step down.

Phil4000

"President Iwata apologizes for the big cut in its full-year guidance, bows for three seconds. But he says he’s not pessimistic about the game console outlook. And there is no change to game console being the center of its strategy. He insists the company will not be abandoning its hardware business. "

Good I love Nintendo hardware

Seriously?! Instead of giving a bow he needs to get the boot...

tebunker

Banned
Is this the first time Indie games were mentioned as 3rd party games to look for? Interesting approach, but obviously Nintendo is doing it because they have to, not because they want to.

More than this, look at the last note, they specifically state that they are referring to download only titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom