• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Labo VR support coming to Zelda Breath of the Wild & Super Mario Odyssey

Vawn

Banned
I don't believe this is an actual enjoyable experience and I'm a huge fan of both Nintendo Switch and VR.

It isn't 3D, the resolution and framerates is WAY too low, there is no headset, just holding cardboard goggles up to your face.

I think these positive impressions are more people trying to convince themselves this is actual Nintendo VR. Go play Astrobot and then this FisherPrice ViewMaster and tell me if you really see yourself holding that Switch up to your eyeballs long term.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I’m playing through BOTW Master Mode

Yesterday did the whole Zora’s domain quest to get shock arrows and make the approach into the great beast... in VR! Just walking around the watery city was amazing enough but I was able to play a lot of the main quest.

It was really cool especially the approach to the beast where you fly up the waterfalls. The part where they threw ice blocks at you was also very cool in VR.

Im real impressed with performance too! Some drops during the heavy parts but overall the game plays very close to how it does normally.

I know it’s not a full vr experience but it’s still very fun to feel like you are really in these environments. Captain Toad’s vr is also super charming.

Last edited:
I don't believe this is an actual enjoyable experience and I'm a huge fan of both Nintendo Switch and VR.

It isn't 3D, the resolution and framerates is WAY too low, there is no headset, just holding cardboard goggles up to your face.

I think these positive impressions are more people trying to convince themselves this is actual Nintendo VR. Go play Astrobot and then this FisherPrice ViewMaster and tell me if you really see yourself holding that Switch up to your eyeballs long term.

really, it's not 3D?

At least VB was 3D :messenger_tears_of_joy:

res is lower but just walking around in the world is AMAZING.
Just stay on ur back in bed and let the VR rest on your face

that's downright some futuristic Matrix VR :messenger_tears_of_joy:

but you know what will really make mainstream audiences take headsets seriously, don't you? When Apple enters the market with an AR/VR headset and has Pokemon Go lined up for launch: step into the real augmented world with CGI Pokemons hiding every point-cloud-scanned corner and be prepared to be challenged into fights by taking a virtual pokeball in your hands, throwing it and issuing voice commands for attacks and watching a CGI battle show unfold in mundane places

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
that's downright some futuristic Matrix VR :messenger_tears_of_joy:

but you know what will really make mainstream audiences take headsets seriously, don't you? When Apple enters the market with an AR/VR headset and has Pokemon Go lined up for launch: step into the real augmented world with CGI Pokemons hiding every point-cloud-scanned corner and be prepared to be challenged into fights by taking a virtual pokeball in your hands, throwing it and issuing voice commands for attacks and watching a CGI battle show unfold in mundane places

yes so we can all say apple created VR

Top Bottom