• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club |OT| Go for the shins! THE SHINS!!

fred

Had some real problems with performances and results just after I got promoted but have now tightened things up in midfield and repositioned my strikers and am doing much better.

Might have to take a look at the list of combos above, I've found a few myself but keep on forgetting them lol

what's the difference between practice matches and friendlies. Apart from length and that you can gain support if you win friendlies.

i find way more training cards in practice matches and they are faster so i always do those.

Zornica

Banned
Dudes!

I've made a Shared Spreadsheet with all the combos in the OP and a bunch from the NPFC thread on Gamefaqs. I haven't filled in the columns for the stats that get boosted as it was getting time consuming, but it's an open spreadsheet, so if someone has the time to start filling them in then go nuts.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17LnbSWJsP53Ip5uZ1rQBx7kB-wa4dmfxrId7ctq0V4U/edit?usp=sharing

much appreciated

Now I need to figure out, which cards are which.
Most english card names are pretty similar to their german counterparts, but some of them seem pretty loosely translated.

can somebody help me identify the following cards? (I only need to know how they look like)

"mini-game"
"place kicks"
"marking"
"free styling"
"set plays"
"pk practice"

thx in advance!

does your team get tired when you play against people online? because when you play online, the time stops

can somebody help me identify the following cards? (I only need to know how they look like

http://imgur.com/a/fvocO

freestyle is just a guy juggling a ball.

edit: got it
X74d4dh.jpg

kubinsky

"mini-game" 3 gegen 3
"place kicks" Sandsack
"marking" decken
"free styling" hochhalten
"set plays" Standards
"pk practice" Elfmeter

your welcome ;)

Zornica

Banned
http://imgur.com/a/fvocO

freestyle is just a guy juggling a ball.

edit: got it
X74d4dh.jpg

"mini-game" 3 gegen 3
"place kicks" Sandsack
"marking" decken
"free styling" hochhalten
"set plays" Standards
"pk practice" Elfmeter

your welcome ;)

thanks both of you.

I guess you can play against as many people online as you like without a panality. and you still get cards from time to time. seems like a good oportunity to climb up the ladder and improve my team.

Huh, thanks a lot for pointing out!
My problem is that currently I don't have enough players to replace the whole squad and they always go in yellow...

yes, of course, iirc everytime you enter a new league you can hire more players, so you can have more player on the bench

cause all of you are still in the lowest leauge, just play 45' matches the day before the official match, that's important, so your players won't be too much fatigued

improve your keeper, in the beginning I often got a goal from a long shoot, you can train the keeper than keeping him resting during the friendly match, just use another player as keeper, in friendly match the important thing is getting cards, who cares about the score

also just focus on 2 or 3 players to train every week, so you can replace them with the bench during friendly matches, they rest and they will return green for the league match; to go to league 4 I think you just need to have a trained keeper, one trained player between defense and midfield and one trained forward
a good keeper to prevent goals, a good midfield for free kicks and assists and one forward to punish your opponents ;)
so the next year you can focus on other players (but keep training the keeper) and little by little your team will become strong

don't try to pass to N4 league on the first season, training your players (the three ones I mentioned above) then on season 2 aim for the promotion, so you will have more chance the next year to stay on N4 league

Zornica

Banned
so, if I get a card combo, my player learns a new skill, right? Is that what those 4 square check boxes on the character screen are for? do skills overwrite one another? is there any way to know beforehand?
one of my guys has the 1st and 4th box checked, but I could swear the 3rd box was also checked yesterday...

Ninja Dom

I'm not really a footie fan but i'm really enjoying this game and can see myself playing it in short doses all summer. I've a couple of rookie questions to ask.

How can i tell if a player is stressed so i can avoid over playing them?
Next to your players name is a circle. Green is healthy, then yellow, then red.

How can i get rid of a player or do i have to wait for a transfer request?
You can Dismiss a player at any time, he just then leaves your team. This is done in the Club Office.

How can i tell if a player is in decline or rise?
Not sure really.

Does that matter for training or only games?
Matters for both.

Do they get their mojo back or are they done for good?
Rest them during Practice & Friendlies and they get their mojo back.

I've not really noticed but do practise/friendly matches advance time or can i play loads of them? Should i?
Yes they advance time by one week

Answered the questions I could in Bold.

Ninja Dom

so, if I get a card combo, my player learns a new skill, right? Is that what those 4 square check boxes on the character screen are for? do skills overwrite one another? is there any way to know beforehand?
one of my guys has the 1st and 4th box checked, but I could swear the 3rd box was also checked yesterday...

I think the 4 square check boxes are the last four games that the player has played in. 4 green ticks/checks mean that the player played the last 4 games.

I'm not too sure though, I may be wrong.

daxgame

no afaik it has nothing to do with "skills". card combos just make stats improve faster

the 4 square check boxes are "how much time passed before the last training" (= you gave him cards)
for example if you trained that player just before the match you'll see a tick on the very left
if you did it the day before, you'll see it in the 2nd slot, etc

watch out and don't train the consecutively unless they're not going to play

gngf123

Had some real problems with performances and results just after I got promoted but have now tightened things up in midfield and repositioned my strikers and am doing much better.

Might have to take a look at the list of combos above, I've found a few myself but keep on forgetting them lol
You shouldn't need to worry about forgetting them. Hitting Y I think it is will show you the combos you have found.

How can i tell if a player is in decline or rise?

Just look at the "potential" graph, players don't have an "age" but when they start their first season means they are young (let's suppose 20y.o.)

f9433c615860eb19ac19d6e36387a454_nintendo-pocket-football-club-3ds.jpg

Training a player will raise his potential status, when you notice it stops raising that means he has reached his full potential, after a couple of season it will start to reduce, around the 9th, 10th season, every year a player loose a skill point (for example from the posted picture, "Speed" decreases from A to B)
The top potential is reached around the 6th, 7th season iirc

Some hints from the official japanese guide

Team Budget

(NB : I don't know the western value, I write the japanese ones FYI )

80M if the previous season you won N4
120M if the prevoius season you won N3
240M if the previuos season you won N2
300M if the previous season you finished at 9th place or less
400M if the previous season you finished between 5th and 8th place
600M if the previous season you finished between 3rd and 4th place
800M if the previous season you finished 1st or 2nd
1000M if the previous season you won the World Tournament

Other Bonus

National Cup
32 teams, from 1/16 final

50M - Winner
25M - Final
15M - Semifinal
10M - 1/4 Final

European Cup
8 teams, 2 groups, each winner group will play the final

50M - Winner
25M - Final
10M - 2nd Place in your group

World Cup
8 teams, you must win the Euro Cup, from 1/4 final

100M - Winner
50M - Final
25M - Semifinal

Injured Players

They should rest from 2 to 12 weeks

Points needed for skills

E - from 0 to 4
D - from 5 to 14
C - from 15 to 34
B - from 35 to 59
A - from 60 to 99
S - from 100 to eternity

NB : you don't see skillpoints, but you can realize them after a skill is improved (i.e. passing from C to B means that skill actually has at least 35 points)

DagsJT

Just look at the "potential" graph, players don't have an "age" but when they start their first season means they are young (let's suppose 20y.o.)

f9433c615860eb19ac19d6e36387a454_nintendo-pocket-football-club-3ds.jpg

Training a player will raise his potential status, when you notice it stops raising that means he has reached his full potential, after a couple of season it will start to reduce, around the 9th, 10th season, every year a player loose a skill point (for example from the posted picture, "Speed" decreases from A to B)
The top potential is reached around the 6th, 7th season iirc

I've been training the players with maxed out potential bars, with the mindset of those players have more potential so will learn more. Less points in potential means they learn slower.

Have I got this wrong?

SHarris78

I've been training the players with maxed out potential bars, with the mindset of those players have more potential so will learn more. Less points in potential means they learn slower.

Have I got this wrong?

This is also the way I see it, be good to know if i'm right or wrong!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Dudes!

I've made a Shared Spreadsheet with all the combos in the OP and a bunch from the NPFC thread on Gamefaqs. I haven't filled in the columns for the stats that get boosted as it was getting time consuming, but it's an open spreadsheet, so if someone has the time to start filling them in then go nuts.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17LnbSWJsP53Ip5uZ1rQBx7kB-wa4dmfxrId7ctq0V4U/edit?usp=sharing

Superb. I'll put this in the OP.

I finished my first season off with promotion, but it was right down to the wire. I had to win my last two games away, one of which was against the #1 team in the league. Managed to thrash them 4-1. On the last game of the season it was a doozy:

- I had to at least win the game.
- The #1 team had to lose to the #5 team who were coming 2nd last in the league.
- If they drew each other, I would be equal level with #1 and yet I had to win my game by at least 3 goals in order to beat out the goal difference.

One of those amazing situations where I was keen on my team's performance while "watching" the live score ticker for the other game. Managed to beat my opponent 2-1, while the other match went to the #5 team 1-0. Crazy times.

SHarris78

Regarding the 'potential bar' - from the maual : The higher a players potential the more benefit he will derive from the training.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Should I start using cards day one or wait until just before the season starts?

I waited until the season officially started. That way I could benefit from a larger pool of cards, as well as determine which tactical positions I would rather concentrate on than not i.e. 4-5-1 vs 4-3-3

My starting 11 all had maximum potential but now for 9 of them the potential arrow is pointing the wrong way (to the left now) and they've all lost a bar :(

I finished 4th in my first season in the 3rd league. Not bad, my players are improving a lot. I Streetpassed my brother and beat his team. Now he's been employed by a team in my league and is looking forward to meeting me again next season. That's a very cool feature!

Have I got this wrong?

Regarding the 'potential bar' - from the maual : The higher a players potential the more benefit he will derive from the training.

Yes, that's right but after many seasons that potential bar will start to decrease, when it reaches 1 or zero, the player will have a stat decreasing from the next season

maybe I didn't explained it correctly, but 1) sorry for my english 2) last time I played Calciobit was on last summer, maybe I forgot something in the meantime :)

daxgame

I waited until the season officially started. That way I could benefit from a larger pool of cards, as well as determine which tactical positions I would rather concentrate on than not i.e. 4-5-1 vs 4-3-3

No don't do that. It may work the first season, but after that you play a match almost every week, and you literally may have to NOT train certain players or they'll get the yellow dot.
This is due to fatigue. It will probably still happen as you'll want to train them once in a while but you should concentrate on the turnover guys during that times. The pre-season is the best moment to train your TOP players

stoff

Just got the game.
I've really wanted a "gamey" Football Manager for a long time, so I'm loving it already.

Anyways, my new playmaker just scored a hat-trick in the season openener. I ended up winning it 0-5. Totally lucked out, because I really don't know what I'm doing. All those unexplained Icons are kinda confusing.

Haven't found a single combo yet. Probably because I've always used 3 cards at once...

Are you guys trying to max out the already decent stats or are you going for more balanced players without many weaknesses?

Is it just me, or do the special card combos actually activate special skills for those players which aren't reflected on their profiles? I've noticed several of my players moving around the pitch in ways that match the cards they'd been given. Most noticeable was the person who went out for the opening coin-toss switching suddenly from my goalie (who had done every single coin toss since I'd started) to the player I'd just done the Captaincy combo with.

Kurita

Is it just me, or do the special card combos actually activate special skills for those players which aren't reflected on their profiles? I've noticed several of my players moving around the pitch in ways that match the cards they'd been given. Most noticeable was the person who went out for the opening coin-toss switching suddenly from my goalie (who had done every single coin toss since I'd started) to the player I'd just done the Captaincy combo with.
Same question.
It'd be nice to have some sort of skill list.

gngf123

I've noticed this as well, so seems like it.

Ninja Dom

It's already been said earlier but play Ranking matches online. You get cards from these and it doesn't advance the weeks in single player mode. I'm not sure if injuries and fatigue carry over to the single player though.

Zornica

Banned
It should change how high up your team attack and defend and how spread out they are.

Still top of the league with my team, 4 wins with one of my Strikers chesting the ball down, twisting and volleying the ball into the net from outside the box. My team are great away.

FC: 4768-7519-9584
Club ID: 387997085
Friend Code: 2466-2059-6830
Club ID: 7C3D5C839

Added everyone in the thread.

added both of you*

*as soon as my broken 3ds has finished recharging.

if this turns out to be true, than I should probably keep track of the combos I already used on my players to avoid overlaps and wasting cards...

also: what are the best stats for midfielders?
speed and tech?

RiggyRob

Man that card combo spreadsheet is helpful. Is 20 the highest you can gain in a particular stat? I might keep training my players as Wild Man so they increase Speed and Stamina as quick as possible.

Porcile

Fake Madrid are campeones! Was on the wrong end of a hearty drubbing in the Cup right after though. The fans demanded better even though the other team is like three divisions above.

Temetti

Neo Member
the game is really cool. just started today and been playing the whole day.
don't really understand how the game works, but i've been upgrading my favourite players and been playing lots of practice matches=cool new combos and my teams getting good. so awesome!

Just tried the online out for a bit and ended up in the top 100 hundred players in Europe!

I know that doesn't mean anything right now as there are way too few players online but still... let me have my moment!

It seems my team has picked up a few defeats since I registered them yesterday. The fact your 'assistant manager' takes charge of proceedings and games occur without you necessarily knowing about it is a little strange... but a pretty novel way of ensuring everybody can always find a game at all times.

I'm just about to start third season, loving this game so far. I'm hooked.

Ninja Dom

It should change how high up your team attack and defend and how spread out they are.

Still top of the league with my team, 4 wins with one of my Strikers chesting the ball down, twisting and volleying the ball into the net from outside the box. My team are great away.

FC: 4768-7519-9584
Club ID: 387997085

Added you. And everyone else in the thread.

It's already been said earlier but play Ranking matches online. You get cards from these and it doesn't advance the weeks in single player mode. I'm not sure if injuries and fatigue carry over to the single player though.

Having just played 10 games in a row, I'm confident in stating that injuries and fatigue don't carry over. They don't even carry over between matches.

Sadly though, it seems the amount of cards you can get in the ranking matches is limited. I'm getting very few at all now, even though I'm always playing teams ranked higher than me. I think it may be tied to the relative power between your teams (play a team that's rated as more likely to beat you, get more cards), but that's often very hard to judge just looking at the rankings. There's a lot of teams still in the top 250 who are there only because they won 1 match, not because they're at all strong.

I'd like to know exactly how it figures the points though. The amount of points from a win doesn't seem to depend solely on the point differential between teams.

Zornica

Banned

ok, NOW I'm convinced.
I just tought "Goalie Runs Up" to my goal keeper, and... during the next game, he accompanied my strikers and went towards the other goal and scored...

also... I am not sure why, but I can't win anything online... my stats are good, whenever I start a match, I get a 40+% chance of winning, and I still loose most of the time - even against completely crappy teams. Bad luck? bad tactics? How about zone-settings? more space? less space?
edit: omg now I know what's going on.. for whatever reason, the cpu coach is using the worst players I got... is there any way to make them "unusable" without getting rid of them? I kinda need them for farming cards..

Top Bottom