• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club |OT| Go for the shins! THE SHINS!!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Here my FC guys - added everyone in this thread as well.

cw_sasuke
4313 - 0412 - 2734

Added so far:

STG
3282-2612-1503

Ninja Dom
0688-5246-0825

Zornica
3995-6514-2832

daydreaming
5043-1159-2527

Stulaw
FC: 4768-7519-9584

Hasney
2466-2059-6830

Edit:

My goalie scored a last minute header after a corner in the last minute - this was the most scene ever :eek:

ok, NOW I'm convinced.
I just tought "Goalie Runs Up" to my goal keeper, and... during the next game, he accompanied my strikers and went towards the other goal and scored...
I'd seen one of the higher league CPU teams doing that in a few practice matches, particular when things were tied up in injury time. I'll have to try that one on my own goalie see if that starts happening with me too.

also... I am not sure why, but I can't win anything online... my stats are good, whenever I start a match, I get a 40+% chance of winning, and I still loose most of the time - even against completely crappy teams. Bad luck? bad tactics? How about zone-settings? more space? less space?
edit: omg now I know what's going on.. for whatever reason, the cpu coach is using the worst players I got... is there any way to make them "unusable" without getting rid of them? I kinda need them for farming cards..
The CPU coach will rotate around your players, basically simulating how you'd rotate them to prevent everyone getting fatigued. You can't outright stop it, but you can influence it a bit. What you need to do there is...
1. Take care when setting up your squad order. Make sure that the top 11 spots are your starting 11, and that the following 7 in your squad list are your preferred substitutes.
2. Set your 4th command option more towards stable, so that the CPU manager is more inclined to pick proven experienced players than give newer players a try.

Spades

When & how do you get to try the DLC teams ?

They became available to me in my second season when selecting a friendly match.

What purpose do they serve, though? Why would you pay £2+ to play against a team? Do you just play them once or once you've bought them you can play them as long as you want?

DagsJT

Been mostly losing my friendlies, then lost the first league match 3-2 (after being 3-0 down). Not totally sure what I'm doing wrong either :(

Spades

Been mostly losing my friendlies, then lost the first league match 3-2 (after being 3-0 down). Not totally sure what I'm doing wrong either :(

Have you trained up your players? What formation do you use? I won every game in my first season and only conceded 4 goals.

DagsJT

Have you trained up your players? What formation do you use? I won every game in my first season and only conceded 4 goals.

Yep, been training them constantly after each friendly, all with green fitness levels, playing 4-4-2 (attacking with wingers etc).

Ninja Dom

I'm kind of struggling in my first season. So far, Won 5, Lost 3, Drawn 0.

But in my last match I scored in the first minute with the second kick of the game. Right from Centre, a shot from the half way line into the goal. Nice!

Hasney

They became available to me in my second season when selecting a friendly match.

What purpose do they serve, though? Why would you pay £2+ to play against a team? Do you just play them once or once you've bought them you can play them as long as you want?

From what I've read, as well as the cards you get during the game, you get given the ingredients of a special combo as well as 3x of each of the cards to make that combo.

Spades

Yep, been training them constantly after each friendly, all with green fitness levels, playing 4-4-2 (attacking with wingers etc).

I play 442 also but tweaked mine so my two central midfielders were pushed forward a slot and I narrowed the gap between my strikers also - not sure if that will help you.

Hasney

I play 442 also but tweaked mine so my two central midfielders were pushed forward a slot and I narrowed the gap between my strikers also - not sure if that will help you.

Playing the 4-4-2 diamond and training the attacking midfielder like a striker and the holding player as a defender and it seems pretty solid.

RiggyRob

First season tips?

Play as many practice matches as you can to get the cards to train your players - don't worry about your backing, it'll go up when you start winning league games. Also, make sure to let the players have a break for training (if you trained them Week 1, train them in Week 3 instead of 2) so they don't get fatigued (yellow/red dot).

Oxx

I almost want to fumble through the first few seasons without winning much just to make it a more interesting, underdog story.

That said, I have started checking the Google doc for combos now.

From what I've read, as well as the cards you get during the game, you get given the ingredients of a special combo as well as 3x of each of the cards to make that combo.

The same combo each time, or a different combo? 3x of each card for a 3 card combo would be seriously overpowered. That'd put them much closer to the level of the Fire Emblem Golden Pack DLC levels than I'd thought.

DagsJT

Well, this is utter garbage.

Tried everything. Changed players, trained players, signed different players, different formations, adjusting permissions.

But nope. Every single game is a mess. Players dally around the ball, the CPU has pot shots from the half way line which go in and no other shots yet I hit the post and hoof the ball in hope. I'm choosing players with decent willpower but that clearly doesn't affect anything as nothing is actually changing game by game.

Backing is now 46% because the team can't actually do a thing on the field. So far I've W2 D3 L8.

What a mess. And to think I paid £10 for this when Pocket League Story 2 seems to actually take into account changes you make to players/teams/tactics.

Oxx

Do I really want to get promoted ASAP?

Would staying-down and running through the league a second time be more fun, or does going up a level give greater rewards?

RiggyRob

Would staying-down and running through the league a second time be more fun, or does going up a level give greater rewards?

I'd say staying in the bottom league for an extra season would make it easier to stay in the league above when you get promoted, but I imagine you get more training cards if you're playing against better teams more often.

After my average first season of W-4 D-2 L-4, I've coasted the beginner league with 8 wins in a row, and a draw in my ninth game was enough to secure promotion after the 2nd placed team lost to the 3rd placed team.

Tried everything. Changed players, trained players, signed different players, different formations, adjusting permissions.

But nope. Every single game is a mess. Players dally around the ball, the CPU has pot shots from the half way line which go in and no other shots yet I hit the post and hoof the ball in hope. I'm choosing players with decent willpower but that clearly doesn't affect anything as nothing is actually changing game by game.
I wonder if part of your problem is that you're changing things *too much*. It seems like there's some hidden psychological attributes in this game, another thing which doesn't show on the player profiles. Some of the in-game hints you can get from the coach make direct reference to them. For instance, one I had talked about how important the forward combo is, and that it's important to get ones whose personalities fit with each other and who can work well together. It wouldn't surprise me if your frequent changes to the team/formations/positions are disrupting the team spirit.

Going up the level gives you a bigger budget. You'll also be playing more league games against tougher opponents, so your players will go up in skill quicker.

Oxx

I think I get promoted if I win the next match.

Attempting to throw the game might be more trouble than its worth. And if I get more cards even if I get destroyed in the next league, that's ok, I suppose.

Ninja Dom

The same combo each time, or a different combo? 3x of each card for a 3 card combo would be seriously overpowered. That'd put them much closer to the level of the Fire Emblem Golden Pack DLC levels than I'd thought.

I bought the two Focussed Training Teams DLC. You can choose to play these teams anytime you don't have a proper match on.

After each time you play them they give you a different Special Combo and 3x the cards required to make the combo.

RiggyRob

End of second season, W9 D1 L0, +53 goal difference, 100% backing, top striker with 14 goals and top assists with 15, increased budget, title is now 'Local Heroes' instead of 'Unknowns'.

Aww yiss.

Oxx

Well, I won the game 6-1 to win the Beginner League. Pretty straightforward. Would probably have won even if I had rested the stars.

Won 7
Drew 1
Lost 2

Goals For 27

Hopefully the next league isn't too humbling.

Ninja Dom

Well, I won the game 6-1 to win the Beginner League. Pretty straightforward. Would probably have won even if I had rested the stars.

Won 7
Drew 1
Lost 2

Goals For 27

Hopefully the next league isn't too humbling.

Almost as good as our beloved Arsenal FC before being beaten by Liverpool earlier this year,

LoveCake

Do you need to add people as friends with Friend Codes or just the Team codes to play against each other ?

I will add people here if you have to be Friends,i will need to go though my friends list as i have 95 already & will need to clear some of the non-hackers out.

I wonder if part of your problem is that you're changing things *too much*. It seems like there's some hidden psychological attributes in this game, another thing which doesn't show on the player profiles. Some of the in-game hints you can get from the coach make direct reference to them. For instance, one I had talked about how important the forward combo is, and that it's important to get ones whose personalities fit with each other and who can work well together. It wouldn't surprise me if your frequent changes to the team/formations/positions are disrupting the team spirit.

Is that built into this game though ?

DagsJT

Hmm, that could be it. I kept the same team and tactics, lost a friendly but then won 4-0 and 4-1 in the following games. Probably too late to get promoted now but nevermind.

gngf123

So for online matches, you don't actually play them yourself? Can you watch the progress of the game somewhere?

You don't really play them, no. I get pretty annoyed because the AI manager seems to be making some ridiculous player selection choices.

When you start a game, you watch the match being played out. When someone else starts up a game, it'll show up in the recent results menu and you can watch it there.

The online mode is more like being a fan instead of a manager. You just sit there supporting and hoping you win and move up the table. You get the odd training card though.

daxgame

the biggest problem in staying down is just that then when you'll reach the 2nd league most of your players will begin to have a negative potential. By negative I just mean that it will start to decrease, so it will get harder and harder to improve them.
Basically, you should probably switch some the season before. I'm to attached to a couple of them so I'm still trying to improve 'em :D
(note: so far I always got up and I'm about to get to the 1st div, but still some players I had from the beginning are starting to decline)

Ninja Dom

Do you need to add people as friends with Friend Codes or just the Team codes to play against each other ?

I will add people here if you have to be Friends,i will need to go though my friends list as i have 95 already & will need to clear some of the non-hackers out.

Is that built into this game though ?

The Team ID code is all you need to play against each other online.

But if you add each other using Friend Codes then you can also share players in the Friend Market. And play each other online still.

DagsJT

Yep, game is a load of crap basically. It's a complete lottery as to how your team performs and training or not, the stats don't seem to count for anything.

The vast majority of my squad have B's & C's as their main rating for their stats, yet they're incapable of stringing together a couple of passes. Meanwhile the CPU has players valued at 200 coins, with far worse stats, tearing the pitch apart with passing moves and shots.

Still, I'll keep plugging away :/

What are the tick boxes on a player profile?

Spades

Golden Feet:
Pressuring + Kicking + Meeting

Couldn't find it on the spreadsheet so thought I'd post it here. Seems to buff most stats.

RiggyRob

Yep, game is a load of crap basically. It's a complete lottery as to how your team performs and training or not, the stats don't seem to count for anything.

The vast majority of my squad have B's & C's as their main rating for their stats, yet they're incapable of stringing together a couple of passes. Meanwhile the CPU has players valued at 200 coins, with far worse stats, tearing the pitch apart with passing moves and shots.

Still, I'll keep plugging away :/

What are the tick boxes on a player profile?

They do, my first keeper had an E in Kicking and his goal kicks barely got past my defence, never mind the half-way line - there was a noticeable difference when I swapped him out for my keeper with D in Kicking.

As for the ticks, they show you when you trained that player - if there's a tick in the first box, that means you trained him this week, if it's in the second box you trained him last week and so on. You don't want to train them in consecutive weeks as that'll make them fatigued and prone to injury (yellow/red dot instead of green).

DagsJT

So these people that are finishing their first season losing one game, please tell me what the hell is going on with my game then?

Game 7 over with, 2 wins, 2 draws, 3 losses, 43% backing. Total is W4 D5 L9.

http://microsite.nintendo-europe.com/NPFC/enGB/team.php?team_code=2B4C6C5A8 (formation is showing my actual players, the squad list hasn't updated).

My player's stats are a lot better than the rest of the teams in the league. I've tried different formations, kept this formation for a good few games yet it's still a lottery whether I win or not.

Pretty much lost confidence in my actions actually meaning anything in this game now.

Spades

So these people that are finishing their first season losing one game, please tell me what the hell is going on with my game then?

http://microsite.nintendo-europe.com/NPFC/enGB/team.php?team_code=2B4C6C5A8 (formation is showing my actual players, the squad list hasn't updated).

My player's stats are a lot better than the rest of the teams in the league. I've tried different formations, kept this formation for a good few games yet it's still a lottery whether I win or not.

Pretty much lost confidence in my actions actually meaning anything in this game now.

Here is my team/formation. I won every game in the first season.

http://microsite.nintendo-europe.com/NPFC/enGB/team.php?team_code=A3C4E0DE0

daydream

Banned

First half of the first season didn't go well for me, at all. Then I started using combos to train, chose a different system, assigned players for Free, Corner and Penalty Kicks, more aggressive zone play, used the "keep an eye on this player" feature, did some transfers, substituted players during half-time, etc.

Second half of the season, I won almost every game. Wasn't enough to advance, but my team grew immensely.

DagsJT

Aaaand another loss. The match consisted of my players booting the ball out of play despite players being open to pass to, or taking shots from the halfway line.

So, given I've tried various tactics with good players in my squad, I'm now at a complete loss how people are winning EVERY game in their first season when I can't win two in a row.

Kurita

Haven't done anything special and only lost two matches during my first season. Didn't even bother changing my formation/tactics, just trained my regulars...

Top Bottom