• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo registers some names...

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Kobun Heat said:
The implications of this are staggering.

Nintendo wasn't just blowing smoke up everyone's ass like usual when they were talking about the download service being used for small indie projects.

That's exactly what I was thinking. And maybe, just MAYBE Nintendo will allow something similar for the virtual console. That would be nice. :)

arab

It's amazing how much of a 180 degree turn in the things going on with Nintendo. I can imagine that like 5 years ago, this wouldn't exist on GBA or GCN.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Odysseus said:
Do Nintendo fans have nothing better to do than go digging through new trademarks and patents? Don't you have non-games to play?
well actually it was Gamefront.de that went "digging through new trademarks and patents", but who am I to bog down your trolling with details...

So are these going to be saveable to a ds cartridge and downloaded through wifi maybe? I really dont like downloading demos from stations and having them erased when I turn the system off. An xbla service for ds demos would be awesome.

Kobun Heat said:

Nintendo wasn't just blowing smoke up everyone's ass like usual when they were talking about the download service being used for small indie projects.
:O

What are the chances that these 'indie projects' for DS will ever be distributed in a meaningful manner in North America?

I'd also like to question why these downloads have to be erased when shutting down. I mean, a free demo, sure - go ahead and erase it. But it seems to me that the titles showcased in this thread (Tornado, Bioume, etc...) would be better suited with a permanent home (some type of storage - SD).

I am absolutely in love with the idea, but I have no faith in Nintendo to deliver this correctly (if at all) in North America.

unifin

Hello, GAF. First post!

Wasn't one of the original Revolution demos a kururin game?

I wouldn't be surprised if it actually turned into a game.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Hmmm.... this sounds interested... and they'd BETTER offer future demos/games through the Revolution for the DS.

unifin

Kobun Heat said:

Indeed - Talk about making development cheap. Ridiculously cheap (if potentially difficult to procure) SDK, digital distribution...

Might the next Alien Homonid be on Revolution? Sounds awesome.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Jonnyram said:
Apparently they're all DS games made by students via the Nintendo Game Seminar and they'll be made available to download sometime in April.

amateurds4qb.jpg
That sounds awesome. :)

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
kaizoku said:
umu = to form, to fester, to produce, to give birth to (+ bio sounds almost like a farming game)

kaizoku said:
Kuru Keshi could translate as "Grow Poppy!" :lol

Sounds to me like a game set in the opiate farms of Afghanistan.

Top Bottom