• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo removes Ghosts 'n' Goblins NES from US VC due to poor sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Maybe every company only gets that much space allotted. Capcom certainly would be a contender there with the amount of games they have on the service.

I dunno, this seems pretty pointless, especially if it came from Nintendo themselves. Or this is just the first of a wave of removals incoming.

alf717 said:
I can still buy the game. It is under "search" select Capcom as the publisher. I wish I had the points to buy it since it is going away.

o_O Just checked the shop channel myself. I searched for Ghosts and yeah it is definitely there. I assume it's still available. I'm at the screen just before you confirm your points transaction.

alf717

nincompoop said:
Apparently the game crashed after beating the first stage or something. Sad thing is, it took around a year for them to notice and take it down :lol

Wow I'm guessing they issued a refund? Wonder why they never fixed it. I remember when a few of my games got updated and I had no idea they did to begin with. I read a while back that Star Fox 64 was update but the update made the game worse so I stuck with my first download of the game and saved it to the SD card.

Maybe this whole thing is a ploy to get people to visit the shop channel to check that it's still up, and maybe a few of them will buy it.

alf717 said:
Wow I'm guessing they issued a refund? Wonder why they never fixed it. I remember when a few of my games got updated and I had no idea they did to begin with. I read a while back that Star Fox 64 was update but the update made the game worse so I stuck with my first download of the game and save it to an SD card.

They never fixed it because Commodore were responsible for the emulation and didn't want to bother with it obviously.

Maybe that's why we haven't seen any C64 VC games for a good while...

IrishNinja

Fantastical said:
Yeah, this is bullshit...

bububu DD LOL WE DONT OWN NOTHIN

jokes aside, i too pissed all over DD before getting into steam...holy shit, its amazing how something looks like such a horrid beast on console but is such a beautiful thing on PC. all consoles need is one big sale that can hang with a steam holiday one, i swear

nincompoop said:
Apparently the game crashed after beating the first stage or something. Sad thing is, it took around a year for them to notice and take it down :lol

...which is weird in itself, given how rigorous Nintendo's lotcheck seems to be for everything else. How on Earth did they miss such a catastrophic issue?

Cosmonaut X said:
...which is weird in itself, given how rigorous Nintendo's lotcheck seems to be for everything else. How on Earth did they miss such a catastrophic issue?

Maybe they sent it with a bunch of save files so that Nintendo's lot check testers could get through it quicker and these just happened to get around the point where it crashed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom