• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo reveals first official art of new Wii U/NX Zelda

Rodin

JVPlCth.png

Whoa, this is fantastic.

Ugh no green tunic throughout the game, pls. I mean if it's an option that's fine, but the blue just looks so cool and is so refreshing, plus the whole idea of the game is changing the conventions of Zelda.

Trickshot

Made a little image for comparison! It's a friggin Game Boy...just sheikah-fied. Super badass. It's even got a cartridge inserted. Think it'll have any bonus Game Boy-esque features?
Zelda_Gameboy_Gadget.jpg

Reminds me of the "Game Boy Horror" from Luigi's Mansion. It might function the same way, actually. (Communications Device, Map, Inventory, Scanner, etc)

NEAT!

khaaan

Made a little image for comparison! It's a friggin Game Boy...just sheikah-fied. Super badass. It's even got a cartridge inserted. Think it'll have any bonus Game Boy-esque features?

Reminds me of the "Game Boy Horror" from Luigi's Mansion. It might function the same way, actually. (Communications Device, Map, Inventory, Scanner, etc)

NEAT!

I wonder if that does have any relevance. Nintendo has in the past created in-world interfaces on items for the character that mimic the real world interface that the player is using. At the very least it highlights the control options available to the player. I wonder if that *cough*cell phone*cough* thing on his belt has any indication as to what the NX might be.

Luigiv

No he isn't.

I meant his hand is upside down. So his thumb knuckle is pointing down, his palm is facing outward and the flesh coloured blob at the top is his ring and pinky fingers fused together.
This is upside down compared to how you're suppose to (or even instinctively would) hold a drawstring.

Astral Dog

Art reminds me of the paintbrush look of Skyward Sword, but a bit more realistic.

The face looks more masculine, i wonder if they changed the model after all the confusion, or if its going to look the same after SS and TP looked nothing like their art models.

Zarovitch

Zelda_Gameboy_Gadget.jpg

NEAT!

The book really look like a device.
The grey part seem to be able to be removed or it can come out like the tips of the arrow.

I meant his hand is upside down. So his thumb knuckle is pointing down, his palm is facing outward and the flesh coloured blob at the top is his ring and pinky fingers fused together.
This is upside down compared to how you're suppose to (or even instinctively would) hold a drawstring.

I'm saying you are wrong. he's holding it like spiderman. his pinky is at the botton and the poiner is at the top. it's hard to tell with the way the glove is, but if you look closely, his thumb is bent and covering the two middle fingers in a spiderman like grip.

Seiniyta

Art reminds me of the paintbrush look of Skyward Sword, but a bit more realistic.

The face looks more masculine, i wonder if they changed the model after all the confusion, or if its going to look the same after SS and TP looked nothing like their art models.

Link probably will still look like his/her reveal ingame. But the arts (which I posted earlier in this thread) of the previous game always despicts a much more serious/older looking link.

gamerMan

If we get a Zelda without all the garbage of the past Zelda games, it will be the best game ever. Please Nintendo cut out all the boring stuff. I can't wait to see it. Games are no longer surprising. Surprise me Nintendo.

Zelda has to be a launch title at this point so I'm not that worried. I'm more concerned if the NX will launch in March.

*Oh it's for the Wii U version nvm*

Zelda_Gameboy_Gadget.jpg

NEAT!

I bet its the gamepad representation, when you use that thing ingame you will have to look down to your gamepad.

I'm saying you are wrong. he's holding it like spiderman. his pinky is at the botton and the poiner is at the top. it's hard to tell with the way the glove is, but if you look closely, his thumb is bent and covering the two middle fingers in a spiderman like grip.

He's not wrong. Watch the trailer again, Link has an armguard on the outside of his right arm (hence why it looks to be on the inside here, because his grip is inverted), and you can see due to the way he places the arrows over the bow that his right hand is upside down when he draws.

Watch when he leaps and fires the final arrow (3:38), it's very clear, and that's the image this art comes from, or vice versa.

Mediking

I like Aonuma but I'm looking forward to seeing him damage control for this game at E3. Damage control as in... "Yeah....it's delayed again...."

I like Aonuma but I'm looking forward to seeing him damage control for this game at E3. Damage control as in... "Yeah....it's delayed again...."

Nah, they'll wait until after E3, probably slip it in during the NX reveal.

"A hybrid device that plays all your portable games too, full voice chat for multiplayer *cough* Zelda's delayed *cough* and with a revolutuonary new controller."

Muzicfreq

Banned
So launch date for NX is confirmed for March 2017 along with Zelda?

This is quite a bomb to drop out of nowhere.

Some people thought I was crazy when I mentioned that Zelda would most likely be the launch of NX due to how big it looks and new hardware is only going to make it better.

Now if they can just have splatoon as well and I'll be a day 1 preorder

ReyVGM

I watched an analysis video about the "book" in the artwork, and they noted it's not a book but a device, which has in the middle of the bottom something you can pull, similar to how link pulls on the arrowhead to activate it.

Sooo, link is going to pull on this device and a sidekick hologram is going to pop out?

Top Bottom