• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch 3.0 update Wish list

If it's possible I want the Bluetooth to allow headset support. I only play it docked and no headphone jack in the controllers sucks. That's it don't care about anything else.

Unai

The Activity Log on the 3DS is so good. Much better than any similar software on any console or even PC. I don't know why Nintendo messed with it on the Wii U and now on the Switch they don't even bother.

Hawk269

#1 for me is the UI being at 1080p minimum. Outside of that, it is not too bad as is, I am sure things can be better, but the UI being at 720p is just shocking and cringe worthy...don't know what they were thinking doing that.

My List:
  • See download speed of items
  • Change or reorder download queue
  • Set idle disconnect time for controllers
  • Set PIN login on accounts
  • Enable 2FA on Nintendo Accounts (Pipedream - not holding my breath)
  • Ability to Shutdown or Restart console in docked mode

Mael

Mario Kart 8...

Seriously though,
cloud saves,
a less arcane way to transfer miis
miiverse or a way to send pictures that isn't sdcard, fb or twitter
themes(and a special theme where the small band of screen on the dock display something)
Streetpass possibility

Ein Bear

My main ones are

- Activity Log
- 1080p support for the main UI
- Being able to save card details in the eshop
- Cloud saves

The lack if Activity Log is particularly disappointing to me. It went from being absolutely awesome on the 3DS, to massively downgraded on the Wii U, to being removed entirely on the Switch.

ACTIVITY LOG
ACTIVITY LOG
ALL OF THE ACTIVITY LOGS

Seriously everyone that worked on UI should be fired for no ACTIVITY LOG

Letting Nintendo/Indies sell themes and profile icons would be great too. Themes seem confirmed considering "basic" names. Need my menu music.

NMFried

Download List that actually works.
A web browser.
Death to the Friend Code (lol ya right)
Native Activity Log

That's it?

CDX

Cloud Saves
FOLDERS
option to use PNGs instead of JPGs

USB 3.1 Ethernet adapter support ...If it's not already there. Actually did anybody test that and see if they get faster internet speeds compared to the Wii and WiiU USB 2.0 ethernet adapters?

Qassim

HDMI-CEC. I know it's not coming, though, but why isn't it there to begin with?

It is there. It was added in the launch date firmware update, and can confirm it works for me. It turns on my TV and flips to the correct input when I turn it on or dock it in when it is turned on.

Aleh

First things first:
- 1080p UI
- PNG Screenshots option
- Option to have at least 2 rows of game icons on the Home Screen
- Folders

Then for 4.0 or later:
- Cloud Saves
- Adding friends by username
- Web Browser
- Activity Log
- Better eShop organization with categories and stuff
- Theme Shop section in the eShop

YouTube and Netfilx should be added as downloadable apps, without a system update.

atbigelow

HDMI-CEC. I know it's not coming, though, but why isn't it there to begin with?

It already supports HDMI-CEC. I've already used it and it's great.

As a note, I really love the look of the Switch OS. Finally a Nintendo system that isn't slow and garbage. However, I would enjoy a few additions:

- Party and friend applets.
- PNG screenshots.
- Video capture
- Video stream.
- Controllers can wake system from sleep mode.
- Friend requests via means that aren't Friend Codes.

I personally care nothing about video apps or browsers; I already have faster and more accessible devices to deal with those. I want this thing to do gaming better.

Rodin

- OS Menu in native 1080p
- Search friends via Nintendo Id
- Ability to take raw PNGs at native res
- Upload to abload, flickr and other websites that don't compress pics and aren't fucking facebook and twitter
- Export pics via Micro SD or USB devices
- Bug fixes
- Cloud saves
- Friends list icon on the main page

This would already be ok for me. Things they need to do in 4.0

- Themes
- Folders
- Browser
- Streaming apps
- UI/eShop music on/off

A fix for the TV changing to the HDMI channel the Switch is on even when the Switch is in sleep mode.

Literally did it as I was typing this post.

Did you try to remove the sync with the TV from the options menu?

Noctilum

I won't be greedy. I just want Virtual Console support so I have something to play besides Zelda. I am not really interested in the other Switch games until Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

kunonabi

internet browser
miiverse
streetpass
media apps
folders
themes like the 3ds had
activity log
badges
eshop music

requiem02

Banned
Activity Log and YouTube will do just fine for now. Maybe a rating/top seller category for eShop. I'm expecting the browser, Netflix and Virtual Console to be in an update just before Mario Odyssey releases.

- New themes. Like, if you own a game, you get a badass theme with it.
- Mixing language and subtitles!

Those are the only ones I really care about right now.

Solidsnake32292

Neo Member
Would love all the main features previously said. I think the biggest issues with the Switch so far is software repeated.

If we look at Nintendo's history, how are they when it comes to updates for their systems? Has Nintendo done major updates that add significant new features to the 3DS or Wii U in the past?

Improvements to system stability and usability

What I really want to see

The return of Miiverse
Upload screen shots at their native resolution
Music in the OS(Unless this is a Ram issue)

Ultime

Banned
Folders and themes.

All the others features mentioned here are either non-important to me or are obviously coming as apps.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
- Activity log, as mentioned a million times
- Family accounts, we'll have a second Switch for Splatoon 2. It'd be nice to be able to share some of our digital purchases across systems.
- Native streaming, let me stream to Twitch / YouTube as easily as I can on my PS4

jblank83

- Folders
- UI customization, including backgrounds, tile layouts, and "badges"
- Save/File management
- System Music

Those are top of my list.

I can't stand UIs that aren't customizable. The "single tile ribbon" is one of the most braindead, unwieldy UI designs out there. Let me have my desktop. Let me organize things in groups (folders). Don't just shove the last played app to the front of the list.

Awful.

The lack of system music is kind of a bummer too. Everything feels sterile.

Maximus.

-Crisp UI in TV mode
-Netflix/YouTube (though not really a big deal to me to be honest, since I have my phone with me at all times)

Hard to really ask for much in its infancy, need to see how it plays out a bit more.

I think any sort of resemblance to Wii/Wii U days should be avoided. Miiverse, etc, should be a thing of the past.

BumRush

For me, Web browser, Netflix, YouTube and (maybe?) Amazon Prime Video. Make it a tablet that plays Nintendo first party games.

lenovox1

4K. You've seen the specs right?

Part of the spec of the Tegra X1 is that it can output video in 4K, 30fps, yes.

That doesn't mean Nintendo will bother.

???
Nintendo expects you to manually re-add friends from you Wii U friends list? What was the point of User IDs then?

They've already said that support for your Wii U/3DS friends will come in a later update.

MutFox

Banned
After playing with the joycons,
the battery on them is amazing.

Still says they're full after over 10 hours of constant play.

With that, I know some are having issues with range.
So I wouldn't mind losing uptime to better transmission range.
Or at least an option.

Love these controllers so far.
Don't even need the grips.

Top Bottom