• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Joy-Con $80, Pro Controller $70

Pocks

Considering the features of the controller, I don't mind these prices. Excited to get my hands on the Joy-Con with the wrist strap, or to hear from others that try them out over the next few days.

jph139

Oh ho ho, no, I don't think so. I was gonna pick up a pro controller but not at that price. I can live with the pack-ins, thanks.

BTA

...the fuck are they doing? Particularly with the dock. No way that costs $90 to make, right? This just seems like a bad move.

What, the DOCK out of all things is $90? The glorified loading station that only serves as a HDMI converter for your TV? That's worth $30 maximum and even that would be a stretch. That's almost the same as pricing an AC Adapter at $20.

I mean the WiiU tablet controller was ~110-120 if you wanted a replacement (at least on ebay), but that thing at least had a screen and the tech in it to somewhat explain and justify the price. A working 2. Joycon controller is the same price without that.

And the pro controller... 40% more expensive than the competition is a bold move, especially if they don't have a real controller included with the console in the first place.

Well, guess Nintendo's console business is going out with a bang, not a whimper. Retailers better reserve a lot of store space for a long time

Niks

Considering the features of the controller, I don't mind these prices. Excited to get my hands on the Joy-Con with the wrist strap, or to hear from others that try them out over the next few days.

Im sorry, what features? HD rumble?

giphy.gif

I could buy the argument of a set of two Joy Con controllers being $80, but a $70 Pro Controller?

Yeah, no thanks. Nintendo has completely gone off the rails.

Top Bottom