• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Joy-Con $80, Pro Controller $70

I don't understand these prices. What is going on at Nintendo? Are they justifying the price that 2 Joy-Cons are 2 controllers, so it is $40/ea?

Mikey Jr.

Canadian prices jesus

DWTgrJt.png

100 dollars.

Ohh my fuck.

Ah, now we know why they finally conceded on region locking. Having all of that on top of asking people to buy the same console again if they want to import stuff would've been disastrous.

HotHamBoy

Do you guys remember when Nintendo used to be the affordable choice?

So much for kids playing Mario Kart together. That 2P price...

Trace

Banned
I am out. $250 was looking pretty good. $300 + paid online + insane controller prices + jack shit in terms of games = LOL NO.

I'm a little confused. Does the included Joy-Con grip have charging functionality?

FAKE EDIT: Holy shit, I just realized the $50 Joy Con price is for literally one Joy Con.

Mory Dunz

Oh the pro controller has HD Rumble, Motion Controls (Gyro, etc), and NFC Amiibo stuff.

that's why it costs effin 70 dollars.

eff....I don't need that, but it makes sense...well not for me.
"Take your game sessions up a notch with the Pro Controller. Includes motion controls, HD rumble, built-in amiibo functionality, and more."

OldMan

Banned
The price is right for the amount of features you're getting equipped with the controller. Question is, how often will you use them. For comparison I use my share and touch pad button on the DS4 ALL the time.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking crazy, and I had no qualms paying $150 for an Xbox Elite to use on my PC.

It's just a standard fucking controller, and a must if you want to use the "switch feature" to keep playing on the shitter or what not without fucking with detaching Joy Cons from the grip and attaching to the tablet.

FFS Nintendo. You're struggling for relevance in the gaming world outside of your fanboy legions and pricing shit like you have on top of the market arrogance.

Top Bottom