• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Joy-Con $80, Pro Controller $70

Jigorath

Banned
Canadian prices jesus

DWTgrJt.png

Yikes.

deleted

Puh, so that puts me at a dilemma.

Would love to play something with 4 players from the get go.. That would mean 2 additional joy cons, since the pro controller seems ridiculously overpriced.

This whole thing seems a little bit too expensive to be completely honest. The Pro Controller better has something close to 50 hours of runtime for that price.

Briarios

Maybe it's just me, but 2 Joy-Con for $79 doesn't seem that bad --- including the two that come with the system, you'd be able to play 4 player ...

rekameohs

Banned
I don't think $80 for the two Joy Cons is the headline here. How the fuck is a piece of plastic with an HDMI passthrough (docking station) $90??

Spy

$80 is the price of two wiimotes (wall, back in the day)...joycons are basically the same, just with more functionality. That price doesn't surprise me.

$70 is way too much for Pro, I'll give you that.
Each Wii remote was effective as a single controller. A lone Joy-Con is not.

slit

Why is Nintendo acting like they won last gen and can get away with this? $70? They have to be playing mind games.

What what WHAT!?! And here I was thinking that joy-cons would be those super cheap interchangeable customizable pieces that games would be able to include in their boxes for dirt cheap to provide custom controls for the particular play setup unique to each game!

What the fuck how can they possibly justify such a price, that's just INSANE! You can stick your joy-cons up your ass Nintendo!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
This feels like when Xbox 360 accessory prices were finally revealed.

The Boat

Yeah, this is the issue. There is a lot of hardware crammed into those little things.

Wireless first party game pads are already $60 bucks these days. An additional $20 because of two units sounds about right.

Exactly, I don't really understand how this is unexpected.

ngower

$300 is whatever, but these accessory prices are kind of ridiculous. $30 for each Joy Con or $50 for both seems much more reasonable if they want families involved, but good lord. Hopefully they're just inflating prices for an ineitably price drop, otherwise this could be a 3DS launch all over again.

Korgill

HD rumble+ that mini Kinect whatever+ all the normal controller functions in a tiny package. I'm not that surprised at the price. Since I want 2nf controller and a dock I guess it's almost better to get two.

Briarios

Each Wii remote was effective as a single controller. A lone Joy-Con is not.

Why not? They show a ton of games where you can use a single Joy-con as a controller? It's got 4 face buttons and two shoulder buttons and a analog stick

MGrant

Mmmm yeah this is something that shouldn't have happened. I know Nintendo doesn't pay attention to their competition, but when controllers with tech like the Steam Controller's and Xbox One's are going for $50-60, ain't no way I'm paying that much for their less refined offerings. And I love Nintendo.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Ds4
Rumble... Old news
Touchpad/giant button
Light bar
Speaker
Headphone/mic jack
Full controls
Gyroscope

$50

Soooo Nintendo... What's the reason?