• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Partners - Bethesda, Atlus, Capcom, EA, Epic, Unity, more

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they've all been on Sony handhelds, no?

At the least, P3P and P4G certainly were.

Atlus's options are the Switch and the Vita. This is the first time having it on both is a viable option for various reasons. If it really ends up Vita exclusive in 2018/2019/whenever then that'd be on the surprising side of things to me.

While Atlus is on the list, I highly doubt Persona 5 will be on it.

Most likely it'd be a spinoff akin to Persona Q. Or something like #FE again.
Persona 5 has had a strange lack of a "only on playstation" label on its promotional box art and it's final box art. I know it might not mean anything at all but it did catch my eye.

Strimei

I doubt Sony will ever make another handheld

I realize that. Didn't say they would. Only saying that thus far even the Persona remakes have been on Sony property.

Atlus's options are the Switch and the Vita. This is the first time having it on both is a viable option for various reasons. If it really ends up Vita exclusive in 2018/2019/whenever then that'd be on the surprising side of things to me.

You're going with the assumption that it'll be a handheld remake this time around. It could end up being on a console again.

If it turns out that it does end up on the Switch, feel free to come back, quote me, and make me eat crow, I'll own up to it. But I seriously think people expecting P5 to end up on it are going to end up disappointed. Atlus has already had other projects with Nintendo, its more likely to be a spinoff of Persona, one of the SMTs/spinoffs of it, or something akin to #FE again.

Persona 5 has had a strange lack of a "only on playstation" label on its promotional box art and it's final box art. I know it might not mean anything at all but it did catch my eye.

Seems a stretch to me but that is a bit curious, I'll admit.

(Also wow this site imploding from traffic is getting annoying, every time I try to post I get a blank page. I can only imagine the stress the servers are under)

Based on what (little) we've seen, it doesn't feel like Switch's games will be made with a handheld agenda, aside from the obvious IPs like MH and Pokémon, assuming it gets them. And it does look like it serves as a dedicated albeit portable console rather than merely a handheld with HDMI out. Handheld-style support vs console game support really depends on how powerful and feasibly portable it is, I suppose.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=220898931#post220898931

This is the mergence of their handheld and console sectors. Do you think Nintendo will unveil a successor to the 3DS now? If not, then I fail to see where the handheld third party supporters have any other choice to go to.

I realize that. Didn't say they would. Only saying that thus far even the Persona remakes have been on Sony property.

You're going with the assumption that it'll be a handheld remake this time around. It could end up being on a console again.

If it turns out that it does end up on the Switch, feel free to come back, quote me, and make me eat crow, I'll own up to it. But I seriously think people expecting P5 to end up on it are going to end up disappointed. Atlus has already had other projects with Nintendo, its more likely to be a spinoff of Persona, one of the SMTs/spinoffs of it, or something akin to #FE again.

Seems a stretch to me but that is a bit curious, I'll admit.

(Also wow this site imploding from traffic is getting annoying, every time I try to post I get a blank page. I can only imagine the stress the servers are under)

Knowing the state of the Japanese market (consoles dying, handheld/mobile doing better) and Persona's large handheld fanbase (even mainline SMT has moved to handhelds), what would be the benefit of a console rerelease?

You're forgetting Atlus' most desired option: PS4. I don't see there being any need for a handheld version when more money is to be made on PS4, hence home console entries and sequels.

Galang

Banned
Good list, but I wanna see the receipts first. Hoping to see Persona make the switch eventually. Much easier to play portable considering how time consuming the series is. Perfectly happy with PS4 though too

You're forgetting Atlus' most desired option: PS4. I don't see there being any need for a handheld version when more money is to be made on PS4, hence home console entries and sequels.
Persona 5 is already on ps4. Why double down when consoles in Japan are slacking and the handheld market would be the larger audience in that region if they had to remake it? Casting the widest net possible is the MO for publishers in Japan at the moment.

Persona 5 is already on ps4. Why double down when consoles in Japan are slacking and the handheld market would be the larger audience in that region? Cast the widest net possible.

P5 has sold near 500k in Japan already (est. digital) so Atlus have had massive success even in their domestic region. The global market will produce even greater sales. To put it bluntly, for global success PS4/home console is the best choice for the brand. I don't see there being a handheld port, rather P5FES on PS4 and consequent entires, to take advantage of that global success.

Yeah this means nothing. Unless they actually release anything worthwhile and not just drop support after a few mishandled games with cut features to save a few bucks, this is meaningles.

P5 has sold near 500k in Japan already (est. digital) so Atlus have had massive success even in their domestic region. The global market will produce even greater sales. To put it bluntly, for global success PS4/home console is the best choice for the brand. I don't see there being a handheld port, rather P5FES on PS4 and consequent entires, to take advantage of that global success.

Persona 4 did like half of its sales with the Vita port. Globally.

Trago

That's definitely a bigger list than I thought. Any western support outside of Ubi and Tt Games is surprising.

Gnome

They had similar lists of 3rd party support when the Wii U came out. It ended up amounting to pretty much only being ports of old games like Arkham City and Assassins Creed, and only at launch.

Malakai

God. I can't wait to see how Third parties are going to screw up on the Nintendo Switch. I'm wondering how are they going to poison the well like they did with the 3DS, Wii U and Wii.

rhandino

Banned
While Atlus is on the list, I highly doubt Persona 5 will be on it.

Most likely it'd be a spinoff akin to Persona Q. Or something like #FE again.
ATLUS also have other successfull franchises on Nintendo portables like Etrian Odyssey, Devil Survivor and the last 3 main Shin Megami Tensei games (SJ, IV and Final) so the most likely reason they are listed is because they would want to make sequels/new installments on those.

Really curious and exicted about the new Etrian Odyssey game =3

oti

Banned
Let's see where these "partners" stand a year out from release. Wii U had such long lasting support...

These "partners" are allocating some of their resources to a new platform and it that investment doesn't deliver these "partners" won't allocate more recourses to the new platform.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
The biggest thing from this, IMO, is Epic Games. That means UE4.

That means...

Kingdom Hearts 3
Street Fighter V
Final Fantasy VII Remake

and much much more. Hell, maybe even an Abzu port.

Strimei

Knowing the state of the Japanese market (consoles dying, handheld/mobile doing better) and Persona's large handheld fanbase (even mainline SMT has moved to handhelds), what would be the benefit of a console rerelease?

Got me there I'll admit.

But I still don't see it ending up on Switch. Like I said, bookmark this and quote me in a few months if there's an announcement.

(Lord I'm hating this slow down, I've tried posting this like five times now. Please go through...)

ATLUS also have other successfull franchises on Nintendo portables like Etrian Odyssey, Devil Survivor and the last 3 main Shin Megami Tensei games (SJ, IV and Final) so the most likely reason they are listed is because they would want to make sequels/new installments on those.

Really curious and exicted about the new Etrian Odyssey game =3
Ah yeah those too.

I think its just a continuation of what they already have on Nintendo stuff. More likely than P5.

(Again, happy to eat crow if I'm wrong)

EDarkness

They had similar lists of 3rd party support when the Wii U came out. It ended up amounting to pretty much only being ports of old games like Arkham City and Assassins Creed, and only at launch.

I think the difference here is that lots of devs seem genuinely excited about the system. I wouldn't say that was the case with the Wii U.

The biggest thing from this, IMO, is Epic Games. That means UE4.

That means...

Kingdom Hearts 3
Street Fighter V
Final Fantasy VII Remake

and much much more. Hell, maybe even an Abzu port.

Why would that mean Street Fighter V? Are you under the impression Xbox One didn't get it because Xbox One doesn't support UE4...?

These images never end up as exciting as our imaginations lead us to believe, but I'm still super glad (and not surprised) to see Atlus there. Also, cool to see Tokyo RPG Factory listed separate from Square Enix. As long as I get my JRPG fix on the console, I'm happy.

Two differences. One there's genuine excitement both from devs up to this reveal, and from the public afterwards.

Two. There are a LOT more confirmed devs on this thing than when the Wii U was revealed.

I fail to see how this goes against my point of the console version now being far more successful hence Atlus will allocate resources to console versions.

Bear in mind that technically-speaking, P5 is a PS3 game. Based on what we know, totally plausible for games like that to be on both the PS4 and the Switch. Writing off the switch entirely seems a bit premature when it's the kind of platform that would be beneficial for Atlus going forth. Would leverage the audience from their other 3DS games as well.

Basically even if Persona 5 does get an update on PS4, I don't see what there is to prevent it from coming on the Switch as a multiplat. I just don't see why being PS4 exclusive is the way to go. If it's doable, wouldn't any publisher want their games on as many platforms as possible?

Kouriozan

At least people will have a reason to buy those 3rd parties now, the only way to play their games on the go.
Well I hope that will work.

Realeza

Banned
I dunno why people think Persona 5. I'm thinking SMT5. Or a new Devil- series title, whether its Summoner or Survivor

There's no reason why Atlas wouldn't put every single upcoming game they have on the Switch. Like their own quote, their games are just perfect for the kind of experience Switch aims to provide.

Josh5890

Try to keep your expectations reasonable, guys. I'm expecting

Transformers Devastation
Pitfall reboot
Prototype 3
Guilty Gear Xrd SIGN + REVELATOR
Dragonball Z: Extreme Butouden (Cross multiplayer with One Piece and Guilty Gear)
Radiant Historia 2
Trauma Team 2
Persona 5
Catherine
Dragon's Crown
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Soul Edge HD
Soulcalibur II-2 (II HD as preorder bonus)
Another Century's Episode Switch (with English voices)
Dragonball Xenoverse 2
Pokken Tournament
Dark Souls Collection
Muscle March 2
Pac-Man Championship Edition 2
Xenosaga Collection
Doom
Devil May Cry 5
Armored Warriors 2
Darkstalkers 4
Dead Rising Collection
Gargoyle's Quest 4
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
EX Troopers
Onimusha Collection
Power Stone 3 (1 HD and 2 HD as preorder bonuses)
Red Earth Online Edition
Resident Evil 4 HD
Resident Evil 7
Rival Schools 3
Tatsunoko Vs Capcom 2
Mega Man Legends 3 (Includes HD remasters of 1, 2, and Misadventures of Tron Bonne)
Metal Wolf Chaos 2 (with 1 HD)
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
Hyrule Warriors 2
Monster Rancher 6
Ninja Gaiden 1+2
Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence
Opoona 2
Radia Senki remake
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII
Samurai Warriors 5
Metal Gear Solid V
Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Final Fantasy VI Remake
Bayonetta 3

and no more.
I don't see Half Life 3 on that list.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
CsFod1Ch.jpg

Just saw this too

Sandfox

There are quite a bit more names there than what the Wii U had so now we'll see what kind of titles they have planned.

Epcott

What would Konami publish on Switch other than PES and licensing old games?

Another MGS V collection.

Whew, all I want is a chance to play these on the go:
Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE
RDR 2
GTA V
Destiny (or Destiny 2)
Star Wars Battlefront
Battlefield 1
Persona 5

Top Bottom