• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo will bring Monster Hunter 4 and Shin Megami Tensei outside Japan [in Taiwan]

More precisely, in Taiwan:

Nintendo brought the Nintendo 3DS to Taiwan along with Chinese localized games like Super Mario 3D Land and Resident Evil Revelations. Nintendo of Taiwan is going to help third party publishers Capcom and Index Corporation distribute Monster Hunter 4 and Shin Megami Tensei IV in the region.

Unlike Resident Evil Revelations these games will not be localized, Monster Hunter 4 and Shin Megami Tensei IV will be in Japanese, but formatted for the 3DS.

It’s interesting to see how Nintendo is distributing Japanese games and occasionally Western titles in Asia. Earlier we reported Nintendo of Korea has an import store on the eShop with Kokuga in Japanese plus English games like Rayman 3D and Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7. Shin Megami Tensei IV and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy will also be released in Japanese on Korea’s eShop in the future.

via Siliconera

Well, it's nice to see Nintendo pushing 3DS in some Asian countries. I don't know to what extent this might be successful, those markets are so different than the Japanese one. Anyway, this might be a sign of more interest in bringing those games in the West as well.

LLShC.gif

Sadist

While clicking this thread I caught myself thinking "what's the catch?"

There it is

Oh well, can't wait for the dual SMT x Fire Emblem and SMT IV announcement from NoE!

In 2015

why

Still, I have no doubt that MH4 and SMT4 come outside of Japan, it's the Square Enix games I'm worried about.

MH will come here, and Nintendo will bring it. It might be one of the conditions to have the gamer on 3DS to begin with. As for SMTIV, I think the release of Devil Summoner in NA points to a strong Atlus Western support.

kswiston

There's zero chance that Atlus USA passes over SMT4 for localization, so I don't really care that this is Taiwan only.

Having played Monster Hunter Tri on Wii and Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (and Freedom Unite), I prefer the console versions to the handheld versions. 3 Ultimate is good enough for now. I am sure we will get some version of 4 down the road in the west.

Hattori

Banned
I have a good feeling MH4 will make to the west, whether Capcom or Nintendo publishing it is the only question. As for SMT that is a guaranteed quantity for localization, Atlus always brings it to America(sorry EU)

t26

Seems like Nintendo is pretty behind in entering the rest of the Asian market compare to Sony and Microsoft.

Tenki

I have a good feeling MH4 will make to the west, whether Capcom or Nintendo publishing it is the only question. As for SMT that is a guaranteed quantity for localization, Atlus always brings it to America(sorry EU)

MH4:
- USA -> Capcpom
- EUR -> Nintendo

SMT IV:
- USA -> Atlus
- EUR -> hahahahaha :(

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Man, this is hardly a bad thing. Nintendo finally sees a market for its products there, and is helping to cultivate it by publishing third-party titles there. This has nothing to do with what is done with regards to localizing those games in other regions. My bet is if we are seeing these games get such special treatment, this can only mean good things with regards to Nintendo's relationship with these companies.

DR2K

Banned
I see they've finally started banning for misleading threads.

The fact that they're being brought over somewhere is a good sign nontheless.

Iceblade

How the crap is this thread title misleading, and why did the OP get banned for it? World doesn't revolve around 'MERICUH, you know.

At any rate, I'm glad to see some effort being put into bringing these games outside of their home country. Hopefully this speaks to them coming to the West also.

How the crap is this thread title misleading, and why did the OP get banned for it? World doesn't revolve around 'MERICUH, you know.

At any rate, I'm glad to see some effort being put into bringing these games outside of their home country. Hopefully this speaks to them coming to the West also.

OP got banned for another thread, seemingly.

I was in Taiwan recently and got more than a few Streetpasses there much to my surprise. I wonder how well the 3DS is doing over there.

Top Bottom