• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's 2015 Fiscal Year Earnings Release/News Conference

Nightbird

1516178567708504240.gif

Could some edit the gif so that "Not" will fade in along the 2016?

Instro

Well we got NX news after all I guess lol. Yikes. I would think it's a hardware issue, but could it be they delayed NX due to Zelda not being ready.

One thing for sure, last E3 was really bad for Nintendo, but this year is going to be even worse if all they have is Zelda. Tough times ahead.

Pretty ridiculous news all around.

Wondering if the Zelda "immersion" at E3 will be a maze-like setting like they had for TP I believe.

Also, do we have any idea of when the investor meeting and q&a will be held? It was speculated to be at some point this evening (EDT) from what I recall, anything official?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member

Wondering if the Zelda "immersion" at E3 will be a maze-like setting like they had for TP I believe.

Also, do we have any idea of when the investor meeting and q&a will be held? It was speculated to be at some point this evening (EDT) from what I recall, anything official?
April 28, 10:00 AM JST. I posted countdowns to it in the FY/The Year of NX thread.

Griss

My prediction/warning at 5pm yesterday:

Everyone needs to be prepared for something like the following:
'We have not included NX in our forecasts for the following reason: Due to our reorganisation of development houses and the untimely passing of Mr. Iwata, development on NX has been slower than expected. With the success of Miitomo, we have decided to focus on mobile games to augment our 3DS and Wii U titles this holiday, and will have more news on NX in 2017.'

I know it seems impossible. But it's Nintendo. Prepare for the worst. (And that right there is the worst.)

I hate being a seasoned Nintendo-watcher. I didn't call the Zelda delay, though, and I guess we'll get NX news before 2017. But still.

Eradicate

Is this going to be the main thread for the Q/A event taking place, or is there going to be a new one for that?

Well we got NX news after all I guess lol. Yikes. I would think it's a hardware issue, but could it be they delayed NX due to Zelda not being ready.

One thing for sure, last E3 was really bad for Nintendo, but this year is going to be even worse if all they have is Zelda. Tough times ahead.

Haha, well, we did, that's for sure!

I'm really hoping they get a good slate of Nintendo Directs (or something!) lined up for the rest of the year. They just can't have radio silence for months at a time!

That would actually be really neat! Someone joked/hoped that you'd go through a dungeon they set up and at the end was a treasure chest with the game running on NX! That would be crazy!

I hate being a seasoned Nintendo-watcher. I didn't call the Zelda delay, though, and I guess we'll get NX news before 2017. But still.

Quick, predict something really good coming up!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I realised now, acknowledging the mobile news, that at Nintendo even the mobile games take forever to be developed. Seems to be a very inefficient organisation all around.

Top Bottom