• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's DS lineup at E3... "surprises" inside!

Pellham

Banned
Error2k4 said:
plz plz plz

IS has been very quiet lately.

I'd rather they skip the DS and just focus on Wii games. They helped program a lot of the Super Scope Six games after all.

(Granted the people back then are now in managerial roles at IS, but still, IS's talent could be used for other things besides the same old series, although i'd love to see Wii FE/AW)

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
SomeDude said:
it would be nice if nintedo fans would calm down and stop making so many threads.
The only way to combat this is to create more Sony and Microsoft orientated threads. To arms I say!

FoneBone

koam said:
Meh just wait 2 days for the press c.onference. I'm surprised Mario vs DK2 and Ouendan were leaked but this one wasn't. It's noth.i.ng to pee your pants over considering I don't rememb.er anyone even talki.ng about it on GAF when it came out.
Chibi-Robo DS... that and MvDK2 had better not be the only surprises.

Here's my guess as to the probable DS lineup, based on what we already know and what's been posted in this thread:

New Super Mario Bros.
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2
Beat Force (or whatever the US title for Ouendan is)
Chibi-Robo DS
Wario the Thief
Mario Basketball
ASH
FF:CC DS
Tingle RPG (sorry, folks)
Magical Vacation 2
Pokemon Ranger

EDIT for clarification -- only including stuff that's already more or less confirmed/announced in some capacity, which would exclude Fire Emblem (though I think there's a very good chance of that showing -- we all know it's in development). I REALLY want Dread to show up (METROID 5, DAMMIT!) but I'm not betting on it.

FoneBone said:
Chibi-Robo DS... that and MvDK2 had better not be the only surprises.

Here's my guess as to the full DS lineup, based on what we already know and what's been posted in this thread:

New Super Mario Bros.
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2
Beat Force (or whatever the US title for Ouendan is)
Chibi-Robo DS
Wario the Thief
Mario Basketball
ASH
FF:CC DS
Tingle RPG (sorry, folks)
Magical Vacation 2

Where is the new castlevania? :-(

BuG

GhostSeed said:
Awesome news! Basically Ouendan 2, though the "new" music is going to make or beak this game for me.
Dr%20Beak.gif

Emotions

SomeDude said:
it would be nice if nintedo fans would calm down and stop making so many threads.

It would be even nicer if haters-trolls would stay
away from the threads they hate and quit singling out Nintendo fans .

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I still don't see why people are bitching about Ouendan, import it if you want the Japanese songs. I knew if it was Nintendo localizing the game that it would have new music, imho you should've expected the same since Nintendo doesn't cater to audiences so small that they would by a game that is majorly foreign in their own country.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
jj984jj said:
I still don't see why people are bitching about Ouendan, import it if you want the Japanese songs. I knew if it was Nintendo localizing the game that it would have new music, imho you should've expected the same since Nintendo doesn't cater to audiences so small that they would by a game that is majorly foreign in their own country.

Exactly. People are basically bitching about a full-fledged Ouendan sequel announcement. How weird.

English music and scenarios is the only way the game would ever have had a chance to come out in America.

jj984jj said:

I'd rather they brought it unAmericanized. It's a matter of the fact that English music doesn't work in a very Japanese game.

PkunkFury

jj984jj said:

I actually think it also has to do with the fact that Nintendo would have to re-acquire the rights to those Japanese songs on foreign soil, which can be a pain. I'm not entirely certain about that, though.

Either way, Import the original now and play it while you wait for the English version. If you haven't played Ouendan yet, you've done yourself a disservice

Pellham

Banned
A Link to the Past said:
I'd rather they brought it unAmericanized. It's a matter of the fact that English music doesn't work in a very Japanese game.

Er that's why they're presumably americanizing the game. What's the big deal? Did american songs kill Donkey Konga or any other music game that was brought out here? Didn't think so.

Emotions

koam said:
Was Chibi any good on the cube? I never tried it but the concept behind it seemed cool.

It's excellent. Such a charming game. It's dissapointing to see many people ignoring it

So Koam that's the game you talked about?

Xristot

man, I hope nintendo brings over jam with the band. Hopefully they'll have a Wii version of that too at some point. That game kicks all sorts of ass.

PkunkFury said:
I actually think it also has to do with the fact that Nintendo would have to re-acquire the rights to those Japanese songs on foreign soil, which can be a pain. I'm not entirely certain about that, though.

Either way, Import the original now and play it while you wait for the English version. If you haven't played Ouendan yet, you've done yourself a disservice

It's not like they didn't have to acquire the songs for Ouendan. Plus, they're reproductions of the songs anyway, aren't they?

jj984jj

If Chibi Robo DS is true, I hope it's the game Bandai was originally going to publish with the point-and-click mechanic and features the story of how the robot was made.

ethelred

Emotions said:
It's excellent. Such a charming game. It's dissapointing to see many people ignoring it.

But enough people spread the happiness that Chibi gets a second go on the DS! Best news of E3 so far! :D

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
chibi robo will go down as one if not hte most underrated under appreciated games of this gen.

Pellham said:
Er that's why they're presumably americanizing the game. What's the big deal? Did american songs kill Donkey Konga or any other music game that was brought out here? Didn't think so.

You can't compare Mario to a game with a Japanese feel! Gitaroo Man, Donkey Konga, DDR, etc. don't have the problem Ouendan has.

jj984jj

A Link to the Past said:
You can't compare Mario to a game with a Japanese feel! Gitaroo Man, Donkey Konga, DDR, etc. don't have the problem Ouendan has.
Oh give it up, I told you this was going to happen in the other topic and it did, deal with it. If you want the original songs import it.

rubso

Banned
Nintendo's DS lineup at E3... "surprises" inside!
- New Super Mario Bros.

- Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
--- There will be a big demo at E3 with four different areas to explore.

- Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2

And.....

- Ouendan!
--- Nintendo is localizing Ouendan with a new name, new backgrounds and storylines, and licensed English music.
where is the surprise?

Mook1e

I'm not worried about the Western Music in Ouendon as much as I am the new characters, new storylines, etc.

I'm just trying to avoid as much cheese and corn in my video game diet as possible and the fact that Ouendon deals with cheerleading and varied quirky situations could go very wrong if applied in the wrong way. If the cheering squad remains and the situations/characters are changed, it may not be so bad.

Lets just hope they don't make it TOO westernized in those respects.

SomeDude

Banned
I doubt metroid dread is real seeing how the guy in charge of the gba games did wario ware touched and is now probably working on the wario wii game.

ethelred

A Link to the Past said:
Um, Kirby Air Ride?

I'd say that's easily more underappreciated than Chibi-Robo.

Kirby Air Ride - 692,467
Chibi Robo - 30,000

No.

Aside from that, Chibi Robo is one of the GameCube's very best games and Kirby... is not.

PkunkFury

A Link to the Past said:

I think if they make it purposefully campy and use cheesey pump-you-up 80s music it could work... like "Eye of the Tiger", or "Walk like an Egyption" for the Cleopatra level

If they try to pick cool, modern songs, it may lose some of its appeal for me

One thing is for sure, NOA does some ace localizations, so I'll bet the dialouge will be good

A Link to the Past said:
Um, Kirby Air Ride?

I'd say that's easily more underappreciated than Chibi-Robo.
I agree with this. City Trial was one of the most engaging experiences I've had with a game in a while. You can get lost in the game just trying to collect as many power-ups as possible. It becomes hypnotic.

Top Bottom