• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's FY 2016 has officially begun - The Year of NX

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
We are now a little more than a day away from Nintendo's 76th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders. The situation with the press is unfortunate, but hopefully someone will live tweet from the meeting. NStyles live tweeted last year, and Cheesemeister translated.

Regiruler

Rösti;208492605 said:
We are now a little more than a day away from Nintendo's 76th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders. The situation with the press is unfortunate, but hopefully someone will live tweet from the meeting. NStyles live tweeted last year, and Cheesemeister translated.

Did we get sales numbers from the last one?

I want to see Pokken and Star Fox numbers.

Pinky

Banned
Rösti;208492605 said:

What realistic expectations, if any, should we have for NX news? Maybe a date for the reveal?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
What realistic expectations, if any, should we have for NX news? Maybe a date for the reveal?
I'm expecting shareholders to ask questions about NX and I expect the shareholders to become angry/irritated should Mr. Kimishima continue to give only vague answers. Hopefully will some new substantial information, such as the reveal date of the system, be given.

Did we get sales numbers from the last one?

I want to see Pokken and Star Fox numbers.
The meeting itself could feature some sales numbers presented, but more likely such will be given in a separate report.

AdanVC

Yes please at least give us the month were they will finally talk about NX. 6 months almost at the 7th month of 2016 and we still don't know absolutely nothing of the device that is supposed to come out in less than a year from now. It's nice they are taking their time to don't pull out another Wii U launch and all that jazz but the waiting has been ridiculous and the fact that there's no exciting Wii U games coming soon makes the wait for NX info more painful.

I think they could possibly give a time table on when they are going to show it off... which I think will be early-to-mid September around TGS.

Can we have a countdown by any chance please? :)

I hope we get some more NX info, even small teases like we got last time, which were:

- Zelda would be both Wii U AND NX-bound.
- NX will release in March 2017.
- NX would not be present at E3 and would be unveiled later in the year.

A lot more than I expected!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Can we have a countdown by any chance please? :)
Here you go:

t1467162000z4.png

Reception opens an hour early though, so I'll likely have the dedicated thread up then.

Anarky

Banned
Kimishima at shareholder meeting: The NX is gonna be super great we swear. We'll tell you actual info later this year but we can't say anything now. Pls understand.

Pinky

Banned
Rösti;208495152 said:
I'm expecting shareholders to ask questions about NX and I expect the shareholders to become angry/irritated should Mr. Kimishima continue to give only vague answers. Hopefully will some new substantial information, such as the reveal date of the system, be given.

Thanks for the reply. Really hoping for a reveal date, at the very least. I mean, it's almost July. Surely, they know when they want to show this thing to the public. Give us a date, Nintendo! Give us something to look forward to!

Pokemaniac

Expectations for this event should really be kept to a minimum. This isn't the kind of meeting where they announce things. The best you should hope for is investors pestering them about NX.

Roo

Is it fair game to expect them to at least mention a time frame for NX news?

"No NX news now. Wai til until August/September"

Expectations for this event should really be kept to a minimum. This isn't the kind of meeting where they announce things. The best you should hope for is investors pestering them about NX.

Wasn't it at a meeting like this where the "NX and Zelda will be out in 2017, oh and Zelda will be the only game at e3" bombshell came out of ?

ChaosXVI

If there's any significant news tomorrow, I'm expecting it to be bad news, just like their last meeting. So I'm going to set my expectations to their lowest.

Retro Studios has been sold to EA.

So now if they do something less awful than that, I'll be stoked.

Pokemaniac

Wasn't it at a meeting like this where the "NX and Zelda will be out in 2017, oh and Zelda will be the only game at e3" bombshell came out of ?

We did get some major bombshells at the last one, though that was in the lead-up to E3...

No. This particular investor meeting is different than the other ones. This is more focused on voting and things. This is, however, the meeting that usually produces amusing investor questions.

javac

It's not a big deal if nothing comes out of this because either way it's a day closer to the inevitable reveal with March 2017 steadily approaching. I'm putting money on mid September being the reveal since that's been the case for past Nintendo reveal strategies. Tomorrow is just another hurdle and I'm actually hoping to hear more about Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing mobile games. Pokemon Go is out soon and who knows, maybe we'll get further info on Bayo and Cloud Amiibo's soon.

Pokemaniac

It's not a big deal if nothing comes out of this because either way it's a day closer to the inevitable reveal with March 2017 steadily approaching. I'm putting money on mid September being the reveal since that's been the case for past Nintendo reveal strategies. Tomorrow is just another hurdle and I'm actually hoping to hear more about Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing mobile games. Pokemon Go is out soon and who knows, maybe we'll get further info on Bayo and Cloud Amiibo's soon.

Quoting myself from above:

I know people say this about many events, but this truly is the kind of thing where you should go in expecting nothing.

Nintendo has been great at keeping the NX's secret. I really would like them to be the ones to show it off first without the spoilers or leaks which I fear will come if they do not talk soon

Don't think there will be anything announced at this briefing, especially after that statement from Miyamoto in the recent AP article, in the other thread.

Terrell

I expect more because the lack of press seems unprecedented. Like they want to get ahead of leaks for something. I dunno. Crazy theory a friend brought up.
More like they're playing a game of chicken with Sony to ensure that Sony doesn't try and drown them out.

Matbtz

Predictions for tomorrow :

- Nothing about the NX except maybe the date for the reveal ( end of September ).
- Launch window for Animal Crossing and/or Fire emblem mobile

I just want to know the date for the reveal, and I expect to be let down anyway. There's no way they'd announce the name for the console without a proper video package to explain it.

Eradicate

One way or another, NX will get mentioned at the meeting. Worst case scenario is hearing "we can't talk about it yet," but at least it's some additional actual acknowledgement for the thing!

Rösti;208496532 said:
Here you go:

t1467162000z4.png

Reception opens an hour early though, so I'll likely have the dedicated thread up then.

I'm glad you'll be making a thread for this. I look forward to it!

maxcriden

didn't they announce the launch month, zelda nx and no nx at e3 at the last one?

I'm not sure if that being an earnings release meeting rather than a general meeting of shareholders means it's less likely we get info now. It seems the primary order of business is getting the new governance structure in place at Nintendo. I think as our esteemed OP said, best to keep expectations of news low (but of course be happily surprised if there is any).

TheJoRu

Last investor's meeting the reality was worse than the "worst case scenario" I had imagined in my head (though the Zelda-focus at E3 did eventually turn out better than I had expected), so this time I think I'll just shut up and let whatever happens happen.

squid

'Please be excited for our new dedicated games platform, code-named NX, currently scheduled to release in 2018! Also, we are revealing today a brand new mobile application releasing 2017 entitled Paper Mario: Sticker Slots!'

Peru

Last investor's meeting the reality was worse than the "worst case scenario" I had imagined in my head (though the Zelda-focus at E3 did eventually turn out better than I had expected), so this time I think I'll just shut up and let whatever happens happen.

Well, from a purely information-seeking perspective it was better than expected - we got a solid release date out of nowhere.

This time I think the best-case scenario is a date for the reveal.

AmyS

Rösti;208496532 said:
Here you go:

t1467162000z4.png

I expect the name "NX" to be mentioned once, with no new information.

Eradicate

I expect the name "NX" to be mentioned once, with no new information.

"And that concludes our meeting. Oh, yes...NX. And now we're out of time. Goodbye everyone."

'Please be excited for our new dedicated games platform, code-named NX, currently scheduled to release in 2018! Also, we are revealing today a brand new mobile application releasing 2017 entitled Paper Mario: Sticker Slots!'

OK, now we're getting into some real worst case scenarios!

Make your worst case scenario really, really good and then we'll all benefit! It's in your hands TheJoRu!

Davey Cakes

People should keep expectations low. I'm thinking all those little, vague tidbits we've been getting about NX recently are the best we can expect. Think Miyamoto's comment on them "working on something."

I think we'll hear more about Nintendo's plans than we'll learn about specifics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom