• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blobbers

What determines when a yokai enemy will get stunned? Sometimes the ogre ones get immediately stunned after 1-2 hits, sometimes it takes a while, and they can only be stunned once per fight, no exceptions. then there are other yokai that can't be stunned at all, mostly the big soldier guys.

Rizzi

I'll preface this by saying I do like the game quite a bit.
I'm not a huge fan of the mission structure, the random loot kind of rubs me the wrong way, and the enemy variety feels really lacking.

Ogawa-san

That's probably the reason, not sure why Dark Souls/Bloodborne don't usually have that problem. I generally can find people pretty quickly in those games.
In Souls I can leave a sign or ring a bell right outside a boss room, it's pretty specific for both sides and harder bosses are more active.

Here people that need help and people that just want companyto co-op are a single pool. I queue as a random visitor and end up running people from the first shrine to the boss more often than just helping with a boss or specific part of a mission.

Beat
centipede demon
yesterday, Really loving this game currently playing Kusarigama and sometimes Katana for more damage, what's next on my list?

sh4mike

Are there any other missions with an NPC partner other than "Request for Ginchiyo?" I'm in the 4th area but haven't seen another.

Prefer Revenant farming with the aid of an NPC partner.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
It isn't aside from leveling up system and shrines. And some itemization. The combat is nothing like souls combat. The core game fundamentals in nioh is nothing like dark souls imo. It's a loot farming game.
......... Sure bud

The game's best parts are the levels themselves but the design, layout and art direction absolutely pale into comparison to other contemporaries, not to mention the essential brevity of each one.
I think the levels are plenty dense and intricate. The only "contemporaries" that have superior level design are, well, Soulsborne games, but these are godly, so being second to that is fine to me.

The final short-coming is the overall presentation: a technically unimpressive showcase but for its lightning-fast load times, that despite the relatively small size of its environments, simplistic geometry and lack of post processing or other high-end effects is forced to half the native resolution in order to deliver a stable 60fps.

Honestly, looking at what's on display and comparing to other it's other games on the market, the compromises are genuinely hard to fathom.
Seriously? Name an other 60 FPS game on the market that has similar budget but better graphics...

What determines when a yokai enemy will get stunned? Sometimes the ogre ones get immediately stunned after 1-2 hits, sometimes it takes a while, and they can only be stunned once per fight, no exceptions. then there are other yokai that can't be stunned at all, mostly the big soldier guys.
Breaking the horns I think?

AXE

I can understand their decision to tinker with the co-op as it utterly destroys the game. Its the very same reason I avoided co-op in Souls games like the plague.

Either enemies die in few seconds or manage to keep their block up unrealistically when facing the assault of 2 warriors whacking them.

Still, kinda feel bad about the folks who bought the game thinking they can co-op like they've used to.

Mr_Moogle

I was so close but I got hit by that fucking paralyze wave and got comboed. Rip

I don't do coop :p
Thanks for the offer though!

My tip is to stay the hell away from Hino-Enma. When you get an opening after one of her combos, hit her once or twice in high stance and then dodge the hell away from her and repeat.

She really isn't that tough but if you stay too close to her, she will wreck you.

Also be sure to take shikin-gan pills to guard against paralysis. This makes her stun ability way less effective.

Strings

Are there any other missions with an NPC partner other than "Request for Ginchiyo?" I'm in the 4th area but haven't seen another.

Prefer Revenant farming with the aid of an NPC partner.

Yeah, there are others. If you want to know what they are and how many specifically:
The second last story mission, and a side-quest in the 6th region.

Also, been running around and helping people for fun today, and it can be pretty frustrating :( Occasionally you get someone who's observant, and it's super fun / rewarding leading them to kodamas, baths and shortcuts.

Then you get folks who'll facerush bosses and instantly die, and it's like, yeah... No wonder you're summoning for help.

Saprol

getting connection problems while searching and i get dropped into a mission as the summoner finishes killing the boss. free stuff?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I've been ignoring Ninjutsu and Onmyo magic up until. I don't know why I was under the impression that the consumable factor was going to be a pain, but now that I've actually tried them I really dig the systems... And not only do they work, but they also invite experimentation and diversity which I appreciate.

What is the consensus hardest boss? I keep getting my ass kicked by the damn
Giant Skeleton
even though I know it isn't very difficult. I know I have like 4 more bosses or so. Wondering how to gauge it. Want to beat this game with every mission completed...

Giant Skeleton
even though I know it isn't very difficult. I know I have like 4 more bosses or so. Wondering how to gauge it. Want to beat this game with every mission completed...

Oh God, don't tell me that boss is hard, I'm about to fight it...

Question- has anyone tried to get the full "Genius Strategist" set from the Warrior trainer adept? Were you able to get his headpiece? Or is this something that drops from the Veteran version of the fight? Lol

Sawneeks

Banned
In order to get the
Head of the Iga Ninja
text do you just farm
Hanzo on Veteran
? I've killed him maybe 8 times now and still don't have the text so I'm not sure if I'm just getting unlucky or if I'm fighting the wrong boss.

In order to get the
Head of the Iga Ninja
text do you just farm
Hanzo on Veteran
? I've killed him maybe 8 times now and still don't have the text so I'm not sure if I'm just getting unlucky or if I'm fighting the wrong boss.

Yeah it's him, fightingcowboy put out a video saying the same.

I might be the only idiot to farm for recipe on Adept lol

lionpants

For the rare material trophy, do you need to hold them all at the same time? Because I just accidentally sold all of mine.

Also which one is it likely I'm missing? I swear I have seen them all at one point or another. And I killed
orochi
a second time for the scale.

Maybe kappa shell?

Ogawa-san

Giant Skeleton
Subjective and all but you're past the hardest bosses imo. The one I spent more time on was
Yuki-Onna
in the 3rd region. I'd say
Umi-bozu
but most deaths there were... unnatural.

Hino-Enma is a very popular pick for hardest though :p

Now, if you're asking about the hardest fight... A couple post-game missions before NG+ will test you.

For the rare material trophy, do you need to hold them all at the same time? Because I just accidentally sold all of mine.

Also which one is it likely I'm missing? I swear I have seen them all at one point or another. And I killed
orochi
a second time for the scale.

Maybe kappa shell?
Disassembled a divine gear to get a divine fragment?

Naite

Finally beat the last 2 side missions
by tanking everything with my 150+2 armor and having a 150+4 spear with +18% final blow damage.
I don't want to think how I'll do against the NG+ version of this.

Sawneeks

Banned
Yeah it's him, fightingcowboy put out a video saying the same.

I might be the only idiot to farm for recipe on Adept lol

Ah okay, I'm just getting really unlucky then...

Also you're not the only one, I tried Adept earlier and finally looked into it and saw you couldn't get it from that fight. It's not very clear who drops what lol.

Thanks.

Ah okay, I'm just getting really unlucky then...

Also you're not the only one, I tried Adept earlier and finally looked into it and saw you couldn't get it from that fight. It's not very clear who drops what lol.

Thanks.

Nah for the most part it's very obvious- kill the guy to get his stuff.

It's just that I didn't know Adept and Veteran are different lol

IbukiLordSA

Breaking the horns immediately breaks their stamina like so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bPvBbQ37pQ

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOcdZaLbP-c

Stones are very useful for these guys.

lionpants

To answer my question...

No you don't need to hold all the materials because I just got the trophy. Took a shot in the dark and went for the tail bone. Turns out that's the one I was missing.

Silvard

Come in the OT to see what's up and it's just children flexing their epeen and arguing over which game is harder.

This OT is terrible.

It died down a lot, so I'm back here. I was really tired of the elitist bullshit, dismissal and faux disbelief at the notion that other people struggle with the game or parts of it. If you are a 360 no scope MLG Nioh pro then that's awesome, and please share your videos and strategies and thoughts, but don't forget that this OT is for everyone in the community, of all skill levels.

On a separate note, I'm liking the game's loot system a lot. Been chasing after piece of loot and special effects and it's felt doable and fun. These pair took me hundreds of Divine Fragments and over 10 million gold to get Change Attack to Skill A+ on them, but it feels so good to have them. Aside of that I haven't really gotten to work on them, I'll probably reroll the Agility damage bonus if I can get them at high rank on my ranged weapons.

What do you guys think I should get on them?

zNwwwsX.jpg
Remember guys, never give up. Believe in the Tome that believes in you.

Caim

I thought I'd ask how you can find the stat requirements for items, but I'm afraid people will jump down my throat for not being enough of a pro and not already being on NG+ despite the game having only been out for a week.

It'll be at the bottom when looking at a gear.

I thought I'd ask how you can find the stat requirements for items, but I'm afraid people will jump down my throat for not being enough of a pro and not already being on NG+ despite the game having only been out for a week.

So do you still need to know the answer? Cause it's at the bottom of the equipment stat screen

Mentok

Banned
Lol dude... I just died more than I should've to what most here have been calling an easy boss
giant centipede
lol. Stat requirements are at the bottom of the item stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom