• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you check the details of revenant's gear before you fight them? Like the name of each piece.

Martinski
Kill Tachibana first, remember the rock helps!
After that, Honda is easy, you can play it cheap and keep running around the rock then headshot him using arrows, he'll fall for easy attacks.

Well i cant do this, seriously cannot. I just get pissed off at this and also the other side mission with Yuki Onna and Nobunaga in the same room... These fucking developers are smoking crack if they believe that is possible to do.

Well i scrap the thought off getting Platinum in this game, i will never beat those missions.

zewone

Well i cant do this, seriously cannot. I just get pissed off at this and also the other side mission with Yuki Onna and Nobunaga in the same room... These fucking developers are smoking crack if they believe that is possible to do.

It is possible to do. Many of us have.

You don't need to beat it to get to NG+.

Come back overleveled if you'd like.

It is possible to do. Many of us have.

You don't need to beat it to get to NG+.

Come back overleveled if you'd like.

Well the only way i can do this crap if i am overleveled as fuck because that shit right there is some serious bullshit. Controller breaking bullcrap.

Don't forget to use your summoner's candle! I lost over 100k amrita last night, as I wasn't able to retrieve my spirit animal after I died because I was lost and just could not remember where I last died. And then I died before reaching my spirit animal.

So, if you ever come across a scenario where you can't recall where you last died or the trek in getting there is so perilous that there's even the slightest chance you might die, use your summoner's candle!

KorrZ

Lifeseal talisman destroys Honda.

I the side mission where he first appears last night and hit him with the lifeseal. From that point it was just sad, side step, kick, side step, kick. Poor man didn't stand a chance...

I have a rule against using Sloth until I've beaten an encounter once but all lifeseal seems almost as OP against humanoids.

Been enjoying the game, although swapping in between other games now.

I had a lot of fun even retrying a few times against the boss
Ogress
. Said heavy-hitting boss against an axe user was a bit of an entertainingly dicey slugfest. Kind of funny how just
hugging up close right under her face is so effective in avoiding hits from her later frenzied swipes
. The usual running around low stance then dashing in switching to high for attacks, especially when that highly telegraphed
fire breath
starts up.

Can you check the details of revenant's gear before you fight them? Like the name of each piece.

Martinski
Kill Tachibana first, remember the rock helps!
After that, Honda is easy, you can play it cheap and keep running around the rock then headshot him using arrows, he'll fall for easy attacks.

I can't even kill Tachibana in ng+

Rock blocks all this attacks and makes it easy to cheese him.

I refused to use it for the
solo T fight
or the
T&H fight
. Feels wrong ;p

It's actually sort fo funky. For every 3 times where it blocks his attakcs, there's that one attakc where he sort of slides around it and hits you anyway. At least in my experience.

I want to strangle the developer who thought it was a good idea to put Tachibana and Honda in a side mission, where you cant summon. I am dead serious, fuck that shit in the ASS.

I always thought it would have been a cool co-op concept to have a 2 vs. 2 fight. But nonetheless, focus on Tachibana.

And be as cheap as you can. Sloth, Quick Change, Carnage Talismans, use Amrita to constantly regain your spirit animal etc.

You people should keep tagging boss names. Not even sure why anyone'd think it's OK not to?

I think a part of it is because when somebody says that fight with Shinji Mikami or something really doesn't mean anything. Or saying that fight with UmaBozu.

Interestingly, saying giant water blob or
ice women
may be a bit more spoilerish.

Fandangox

When I first did the Two Kings mission and managed to kill Tachibana and took Honda to low health and he started regaining health I just thought "lol the developers were really taking the piss" he managed to heal himself back up to full health, luckily without Tachi he is not much of a treat so I got him down on that attempt. Took all my healing items though.

I still haven't done the other one, but what bothers me about that one is the following:

>She is shooting a projectile
>You start running and dodging to the right
>But you are locked on on him
>He dashes left without warning
>you are now dodging to the left.

gg

Yeah but don't use it much.

whywouldyoudothat.jpg

Ferr986

I think I'm done here. The NG+ grind is too much and is killing the enyoyment of the combat.
Doing all kind of bosses with 10 ochokos and no one drops a +weapon, not even +1, and I don't feel like having to do everything again to unlock the last region where bosses may drop something. Really, I should be able to atleast skip side quests.
Also because of the grind, coop is boring AF, where it consist to run and russh everything to get to the boss.

Enjoyed it a lot but I hope they don't make Nioh 2 this grindy (unless my luck is like the worst ever).

Well i scrap the thought off getting Platinum in this game, i will never beat those missions.

Yeah thanks for the spoiler tags though.

Don't forget to use your summoner's candle! I lost over 100k amrita last night, as I wasn't able to retrieve my spirit animal after I died because I was lost and just could not remember where I last died. And then I died before reaching my spirit animal.

So, if you ever come across a scenario where you can't recall where you last died or the trek in getting there is so perilous that there's even the slightest chance you might die, use your summoner's candle!

Save the candles for later, trust me. You'll be losing milions of Armita upon dying, since you will need 2mil to just level up once lol

I've lost over 10 mil yesterday, cause I felt of the cliff going back for my spirit. It wasn't even during a fight, I just fucking felt lol

Ok atleast i beat the final optional boss of the game, he was easy as pie though. Didnt have any problems with the room before the boss either, just cheesed the mobs that spawned from the vials .. :p

Silvard

Yeah, I think that can be arranged. It's not like it takes all that much time.

Lol, more than a half of my deaths are either from chasing after the Crusher titles before I realized that I could just get myself an Earthfolding spell or dropping loot for the rest of the item optimizers.

Any chance you're around for this?

myco666

Yay. Got all sub-missions done and only missing Axe mystic art. How grindy the trophies are? I heard that the 60 requests one is bad but how bad are we talking about?

Actually, the main thing for Red Demons, beside fashion, is the Ki-regen boost from the 6-piece bonus. It is a massive advantage. I've actually moved on to a Yagyu & Yatagarasu mix using the Yasakani Magatamas massive help, but I still miss the Ki-regen.

Yeah even though it's true, it can work well early in the game not when people are lvl250 and up. I'm only 120 and never had a problem with Ki.

Menthuss

Just beat the final boss.

Quite a good game, probably an 8/10.
I'm very much looking forward to a sequel!

Though the game does have its shortcomings:

The game starts out difficult as you've yet to understand the flow of the gameplay but as you progress and start to improve, the difficulty curve starts to smooth out and eventually flattens. I wouldn't call myself a super skilled gamer but I managed to take down almost every boss on my first go (something I only very rarely pull off in Souls games). I've found that Nioh is only really difficult when you underestimate how mobile you really are. Once you really come to grips with how William controls, you can easily dance circles around enemies.

The game also badly needed way more types of enemies. By the time I finished the game, I knew every enemy's moveset like the back of my hand. And don't even get me started on how many times they reused
Onryoki
. Though of course this might be remedied somewhat when the DLC comes out.

Baalzebup

Any chance you're around for this?
Lol, you have me friended in PSN, you could've checked there. I should have a grave up in a bit.
Yeah even though it's true, it can work well early in the game not when people are lvl250 and up. I'm only 120 and never had a problem with Ki.
Where did I imply problems? It is just an obvious fact that more and faster is better than less and slower. With the whole set at lv 150, the bonus is something like +28.4%. That is a huge advantage for almost any situation.

Espada

I simply cannot complete the Two Kings: Nioh submission in Way of the Strong. I've tried using the rock but it doesn't really help when H goes around one end, and T around the other and they both start attacking me. H is also never far away enough for me to fight Tachibana without taking a stab/rock in the back. I stopped trying because it just wasn't very fun at all to get wiped over and over.

O+Y I managed to learn how to avoid most everything, but I run out of elixirs by the time I have Y to low health. One time I depleted her ki, popped my guardian spirit, and she managed to not only attack through her stagger and instantly dispel it, but kill me in the next hit. The next several attempts at the fight were awful because my OG PS4 stopped rendering any special elemental effects the bosses put out (no earth mine purple, icicles, etc...)

The enemy in that fight is the goddamn camera. It's way too easy for O to dash past you, swinging your camera to face him only to get hit in the back by Y.

The rewards from them aren't worth the aggravation. If I attempt them again, I'll spam Onmyo crap like Sloth and Lifeseal.

molnizzle said:
Why does dude constantly pause and stumble every few steps when I'm trying to sprint to the boss?
This has been happening to me too, though it's because the X button on my PS4 controller is dying.

Silvard

Lol, you have me friended in PSN, you could've checked there. I should have a grave up in a bit.

I apologize, I wouldn't want to assume your status. I know I leave my game idle for hours at a time while doing something else.

By the way, I have a Mikazuki Munechika with 6 special effects and no traits, making it capable of 7. 14 Lightning though. If you or anyone else is interested. I'm trying to get a collection of legendary elemental swords with 7 potential special effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom