• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baalzebup

I apologize, I wouldn't want to assume your status. I know I leave my game idle for hours at a time while doing something else.

By the way, I have a Mikazuki Munechika with 6 special effects and no traits, making it capable of 7. 14 Lightning though. If you or anyone else is interested. I'm trying to get a collection of legendary elemental swords with 7 potential special effects.
Heh, I actually picked up one of those as well, with 15 Lightning. And was it you who wanted a Kusanagi with a transfer ability on it to reduce re-rolling? Cuz I've acquired one of those as well.

And good point about the idling, since I'm very much guilty of the same thing :D

Silvard

Heh, I actually picked up one of those as well, with 15 Lightning. And was it you who wanted a Kusanagi with a transfer ability on it to reduce re-rolling? Cuz I've acquired one of those as well.

Yes sir. I got Onimaru by the way, thanks a lot! If I could bother you to switch to one of those in like 10 minutes or so... :D

Man, some people have seriously miserable Co-Op etiquette. Is it maybe that many people don't summon until they're at the thoroughly pissed-off point of their gaming sessions already or what?

I had someone yesterday that sprinted from point to point without picking up any items, opening any boxes or similar so quickly, I lost track of him constantly. Then he'd do the whistle gesture followed by the 'Oh No' one at me constantly. He then proceeded to get near insta-killed by the fucking spider boss...great session guy.

This came at the tail-end of a particularly dickish Co-Op run full of rude and weird behavior in general last night. Bizarre.

jacobs34

Just want to come in and vent. Screw the poison level in this game, just like poison levels in all games. Fortunately it's not that long, and I'm already at the boss, but boy was that not fun at all.

Just want to come in and vent. Screw the poison level in this game, just like poison levels in all games. Fortunately it's not that long, and I'm already at the boss, but boy was that not fun at all.

You did destroy poison spraying things right? Once you destroy them there is no more posion.

If you're already at the boss I'm probably late to the party but...

You can smash the rocks spewing the poison in each room, including the boss room, dispelling the poison permanently. Many of them you can snipe from a safe spot.

Use anti-poison magic or ninjitsu. Seek out those rocks creating the poison and destroy them.

I didn't think it was frustrating at all.

jacobs34

You did destroy poison spraying things right? Once you destroy them there is no more posion.

Use anti-poison magic or ninjitsu. Seek out those rocks creating the poison and destroy them.

I didn't think it was frustrating at all.

If you're already at the boss I'm probably late to the party but...

...Oh. Haha. Well now I feel a bit foolish. I was definitely rushing around the level for no reason then. I spent so much time trying to stay out of the poison that I didn't think to seek out the source. Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely have to go back and look for items I'm sure I missed in my hurry.

Loving the game so far. The mix of stances and combos really makes it stand out from the Souls games.

laxu

The poison level is fine, at least you could easily get rid of it as soon as you found the source. The shipwreck level with those instadeath "oh this looks like it might be a pathway" drops was infuriating.

I apologize, I wouldn't want to assume your status. I know I leave my game idle for hours at a time while doing something else.

By the way, I have a Mikazuki Munechika with 6 special effects and no traits, making it capable of 7. 14 Lightning though. If you or anyone else is interested. I'm trying to get a collection of legendary elemental swords with 7 potential special effects.

How can you tell which sword is Legendary.

BeeDog

God, hit my first roadblock in the game with the white tiger. I don't know if it's my general tiredness or if I have crappy equipment that reduces my Ki (regeneration), but something about this guy throws me off and wipes me out. :(

Gabbelgak

I simply cannot complete the Two Kings: Nioh submission in Way of the Strong. I've tried using the rock but it doesn't really help when H goes around one end, and T around the other and they both start attacking me. H is also never far away enough for me to fight Tachibana without taking a stab/rock in the back. I stopped trying because it just wasn't very fun at all to get wiped over and over.

This was the only mission to give me trouble in Way of the Strong. I cheesed it. Spirit Stone up into living weapon and keep popping spirit stones to refill it. You'll be invincible the whole time.

Trophies left:

-Mystic arts for spear, kusarigama, and axe
-60 requests at blacksmith
-collect all materials (just need
giant skeleton
-complete all missions (only the mystic arts dojo missions and related submission and a few more twilight missions)

IDK if I feel like it. Will get the materials one definitely but the rest...

Josh378

You Know when you died or farmed too many times on Nioh when:

...You are on lvl 48 and you finally decided to leave the first island.
...You leave the island for the first time with all purple armor for your Way of the Warrior set.
...Tachibana gives you a free boat to leave the island because he is sick of you trying to farm him for his armor set.
...You are farming twilight zones and you still haven't left the first island.
...You arrived on the 2nd island and realized that your 30+ hours of farming was in vain because the gear on the next island is MUCH better than the first island.

Any others you guys want to add?

Okada

Sloth talisman has removed all challenge from this game and I don't have the willpower to not use it.

I think I'm nearing the end of the game and I kill every boss on my first attempt pretty mindlessly because of it.

...You leave the island for the first time with all purple armor for your Way of the Warrior set.
...Tachibana gives you a free boat to leave the island because he is sick of you trying to farm him for his armor set.
...You arrived on the 2nd island and realized that your 30+ hours of farming was in vain because the gear on the next island is MUCH better than the first island.

lol did u really spend 30 hours in the first region?

Wagram

TIHYDP Nioh is going to be amazing. He's up to like 250ish deaths and that's with using sloth and complaining it was too easy during his first 10 hours.

Grassy

It's basically "Baby's First Poison Level..". I mean when you compare it to Blighttown or the fucking poison swamp in Dark Souls 3 it's a much smaller area and you can even stop it from being poisonous.

lol did u really spend 30 hours in the first region?

I spent around 25 hours in the first region, and it took me 111 hours to finish the game...time just flies by when I'm playing this game. The combat is so good.

Baalzebup

When you realize you actually need to sell some of those Spirit Stone Chunks or you'll be wasting a part of your next batch of dismantling.

Nioh Veterans question for ya.

Around level 75 and I am going for all rounded build. I have 20 on ninjustu, 20 on onmyo, 20 on Body and close to 20 on heart, close to 20 on Spirit. I read some where that hitting 20 is needed for Master Ninja and Onmyo dojo missions so I put them there. I do use the ninja and onmyo skills.

Should I be going like souls route where investing heavily in 2 to 3 trees or is going all around OK? I started of primarily using Katana but now I go between Katana, Spear and Kusarigama.

Tachiban + Honda fight can suck so many big dicks. Got Tachiban down but then got killed against Honda, the fucker got an insane heal that healed him to full and a grapple attack that is unblockable. FUN SHIT YO!

Mentok

Banned
Yay. Got all sub-missions done and only missing Axe mystic art. How grindy the trophies are? I heard that the 60 requests one is bad but how bad are we talking about?[/QUOTE]

You can cheese that trophy if you haven't gone past region 5.
Care to explain with spoilers? I'm curious
are you talking about the text spam?
. Also, I accidentally discovered a way to farm amrita infinitely that is cheesy. Went to Youtube, turns out it's happened to a few people.

Nose Master

Got to be fucking kidding me. I just spent like 20 minutes allocating stats and stuff after a reroll, and accidentally hit "boons" on a shrine. Loads up PS store, says I can't download the DLC (I have it already), cancelling takes me back to Nioh. Which is still trying to check for DLC items, so it immediately reloads the same PS store page. FFS. Gonna try to disconnect the internet and see if it'll error out of it that way instead.

EDIT: Did get out of it that way.

Deku Tree

Care to explain with spoilers? I'm curious
are you talking about the text spam?
. Also, I accidentally discovered a way to farm amrita infinitely that is cheesy. Went to Youtube, turns out it's happened to a few people.

Yup spam x or you can rubber band it if you have a turbo controller.

FUCK. YES.

I GOT YASAKANI MAGATAMA WITHOUT FARMING.

Got it without noticing after a co-op session with my friend. And it has +15% Youkai close combat damage on it.

NEVER FARMING EVER.

zewone

FUCK. YES.

I GOT YASAKANI MAGATAMA WITHOUT FARMING.

Got it without noticing after a co-op session with my friend. And it has +15% Youkai close combat damage on it.

NEVER FARMING EVER.
I actually had one too with really good perks and didn't even know it was sought after.

Grats! Now help me figure out the best set of weapons.

What do you need me to do? And now that I've got Yasakani I'm doing:

Futatsu-mei
Master Swordsman arms/feet (these are the lightest pieces of the set)
3x red demon.

This gives me 12% close combat damage from one and 10% from the other.

Haven't quite figured what I should use instead of red demon yet. The idea I had yesterday would've been too heavy.

Please pay attention to the ghostly disembodied voices of the dead, they'll occasionally warn you about things like "strange rocks that emits poison" or "what's that weird blob in the water"

Dave1988

Is there any consensus on what are the best skills to get for the various weapons? I'm mainly interested in skills for dual katanas, kusarigama, and spear as those are the weapons I use most often.

Is there any consensus on what are the best skills to get for the various weapons? I'm mainly interested in skills for dual katanas, kusarigama, and spear as those are the weapons I use most often.

I can only speak on dual katana:

Literally every skill is good besides Moon Shadow and Earthly Flow (which isn't bad, but why would you use it instead of The Shrike).

God of Wind III is borderline broken (in a good way) and outputs probably the best ki pressure in the game.

Both Windstorm and Water Sword are fantastic at burst damage and I wish they weren't both on the same input so you could have both at the same time.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. Meant to edit this into my previous post.

Silvard

What do you need me to do? And now that I've got Yasakani I'm doing:

Futatsu-mei
Master Swordsman arms/feet (these are the lightest pieces of the set)
3x red demon.

This gives me 12% close combat damage from one and 10% from the other.

Haven't quite figured what I should use instead of red demon yet. The idea I had yesterday would've been too heavy.

My Futatsu-mei are my primary as well, but I think any Master Swordsman pieces would put in me Agility B :S

Edit: I'm going to want the Shichisei-ken & Heishishorin-ken to test even if that particular pair won't be optimal. I'd like to know which special effect, Onmyo Damage Bonus or Change to Attack (stat), is better at max level.

Dave1988

I can only speak on dual katana:

Literally every skill is good besides Moon Shadow and Earthly Flow (which isn't bad, but why would you use it instead of The Shrike).

God of Wind III is borderline broken (in a good way) and outputs probably the best ki pressure in the game.

Both Windstorm and Water Sword are fantastic at burst damage and I wish they weren't both on the same input so you could have both at the same time.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. Meant to edit this into my previous post.

Thank you for your input. Much appreciated.

My Futatsu-mei are my primary as well, but I think any Master Swordsman pieces would put in me Agility B :S

Yeah I'm at agility B now; I'm okay with it, lol.

I doubt the lost damage bonus going from Agility Damage Bonus A with A agility to B agility surpasses what I gained (12% close combat damage and +30% damage to sign of the cross).

Edit: I'm going to want the Shichisei-ken & Heishishorin-ken to test even if that particular pair won't be optimal. I'd like to know which special effect, Onmyo Damage Bonus or Change to Attack (stat), is better at max level.

I just now saw your edit. Sure thing. Do you want me to go die right now?

Edit: Also, how are you going to test that? You can't replace the Onmyo Damage Bonus.

Silvard

I just now saw your edit. Sure thing. Do you want me to go die right now?

Edit: Also, how are you going to test that? You can't replace the Onmyo Damage Bonus.

If possible, yes.

I'm just going to test comparing to another dual swords close as close as possible to the same damage and transfer over skill scaling to them .

If possible, yes.

I'm just going to test comparing to another dual swords close as close as possible to the same damage and transfer over skill scaling to them .

Alright, I'm dying in Ranjatai by the well right now. Will edit when actually dead.

Edit: Dead. I'm a bit farther from the well than expected, but still right next to the double doors by the well.

Katana - kick, Morning Moon, heaven flash, Sword Ki, Iai QuickDraw III, Haze II

Dual Katana - God of Wind III, Water Sword II, Sign of the Cross II, whatever the parry move is called, and whatever the running slashing move is called

Spear - pole kick, spearfall, that jumping pole slam move, twirl II, the leg swipe thing.

Guys, Is water wheel worth it? Spear mid stance combo ender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom