• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogawa-san

Glancing at the 1.04 patch notes, looks like the 320 items will be reverted to 150.

Also, Itokuri's paralysis won't take over a weapon's element anymore!

And ranged ammo that exceeds what you can carry will be sent to storage. Along with "other consumables", I'm assuming pretty much all of them.

Lorcain

Yuki-Onna
is such a lethal boss. She has so many ways to kill you. Long, mid and close range attacks, fast attacks, slow attacks, and attacks that slow the player. I had her close about 5 times, around 10-20% health, but that doesn't matter when she kills so quickly. I finally beat her, but it was difficult.

I had a few lol moments when I would run back to the arena, enter the door, and she would kill me instantly with her long range multiple ice spear attack. No mercy from
Yuki-Onna

And ranged ammo that exceeds what you can carry will be sent to storage. Along with "other consumables", I'm assuming pretty much all of them.

1) oh so that's why I sometimes have paralysis attacks lol

2) about fucking time! Lol

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone help me with the boss of one of the last side missions (ghosts of sawayama)? Pass is GAU! Thanks :)

Edit: got it alone ;)

Is toady meant to be difficult? One shot that guy without issue. I was surprised, I'm not particularly good at the game.
I think he's one of the easiest bosses in the game, fallowed by white tiger.
It's kind of amusing how much of a contrast there is for Giant Toad between an 'decked out in everything' run and a LVL 1 Naked challenge run. He's one of the (initially) more daunting bosses during the latter since you can't block anything without being guard-broken, covers distance fairly well if he wants to catch up to you and by then you've reached a point in the game where attacks that one-shot you (especially his) are steadily increasing, if not common place.

RexNovis

Banned
Hooray for 1 million sold in! Congrats to KT and Team Ninja. So glad the game is selling well. Just wish they would've bothered to stock more at retail. No doubt it could've sold even more if the units were available given how it's been going out of stock.

Rixxan

So I've been insanely busy at the office since this released, but I just managed to "beat" it tonight - credits rolled a moment ago.

Great game, and I'm gonna keep pushing forward with it at least until Horizon releases. Check out some Nightmare levels.

Can't say enough about the combat system, it's masterfully designed, which I suppose shouldn't surprise me since this is Team Ninja we're talking about. But it keeps peeling back layers of depth as you progress, and every fight manages to feel fun, despite overly familiar enemy designs.

Boss design is a bit less memorable than Souls games, with generally easier encounters (although one could argue that's due to a much more responsive combat system - I don't think there's necessarily anything inherently lesser regarding boss movesets or damage output). I also think that without an interconnected open world, you hamstring your ability to make bosses feel as imposing - which is ultimately fine, the game shines in plenty of other areas, and boss fights are still more than serviceable.

It could have stood to be a few notches more difficult too, but I suppose that's totally subjective. The first "tough" fight I've had since early Regions was after I beat the story TBH.
The Nioh side mission where you fight two bosses at once
. It was proper challenging, and I can't help but feel that there should have been a couple encounters like that during the main game.

Anyway, this game is certainly worthy of any 8 or 9/10 that it receives - it's a total treat.

Okay, lol at these NG+ sub missions. Waves of enemies. Final (presumably? I quit mission before finding out) wave of one was a fire wheel, two one eyes things, and a number of those elemental heads, all in that small graveyard type arena. Yeah, no thanks.

Edit: That update's not out yet, right? Didn't get a notification or anything.

Baalzebup

Anyone know the status effect of the water near the beginning in the defiled castle?
There are actually two different effects. The shit-water and the dirty looking water pails have one effect that causes elixirs to only heal half of what they should and makes you gag for a bit when eating them. The clean water containers, with the waterdrop status effect icon, cleans the shitwater, immunizes you to further shitwater until it wears off and, as mentioned above, forms a buffer for all kinds of fire damage and fire status effect build-up.

Okay, lol at these NG+ sub missions. Waves of enemies. Final (presumably? I quit mission before finding out) wave of one was a fire wheel, two one eyes things, and a number of those elemental heads, all in that small graveyard type arena. Yeah, no thanks.

Edit: That update's not out yet, right? Didn't get a notification or anything.

dude the twilight mission that was up yesterday was insane.

there was like 4 elemental demon heads, 2 wheel monks, 2 lickers, dude playing guitar. and an asshole shooting a canon at you.

there was like 4 elemental demon heads, 2 wheel monks, 2 lickers, dude playing guitar. and an asshole shooting a canon at you.

Literally the worst part of that combination definitely has to be the guy in the background shooting at you. The WORST.

Naite

Glancing at the 1.04 patch notes, looks like the 320 items will be reverted to 150.

That's a bit of a relief for me. I only have one item at 320+10, but now I won't be tempted to do it for the rest of my gear and can focus on reforging.

Literally the worst part of that combination definitely has to be the guy in the background shooting at you. The WORST.

he totally is. theres no time to catch a breath and heal because the moment you stop you get stunned by that cannon. any buffs and debuffs become super hard to cast (went with the increased duration mystic)

So uhhh how do I get a lvl 320 weapon? Would love to have one.

its a bit of a crapshoot and seems like its a bug more than anything. Reddit has some decent posts about it.

beat the 320 mission in NG+
pray to rngesus
use a kurisagama (they seem to roll 320s more frequently)
sacifice a small animal
pray again

Anyone time to share attack 20 gloves? Can die too to share mine.

ok i got a tip.

if youre in ng+

farm the revys in the a request from ginchiyo quest. most of them have demon armor sets and it seems like a transferable attack mod shows up on them often (i probably have 10 sitting in my item box for later use)

farm them up and then get the gloves to max fam, and then transfer the mod to all your armor pieces.

Ive got 5 pieces of armor with 30+ to attack. (itll show up as +19 or +18 with no fam, but increases to 30+ when you get 999)

Darkman M

there are a ton of OP builds in this game.

I basically made ng+ my bitch, doing quests that were 100-150 level highers than me with how broken some of the sets and mechanics are.

without a 320 weapon

Nice to know, eagarly awaiting some of this high tier gear, finally in the last region at level 102.

Wagram

Is there any way to cheese the Twilight Mission rotation? Only trophy left and pretty lame to have to check in daily to earn the Platinum.

Ogawa-san

I got to the double onyudo + canon skeleton, got absolutely destroyed a few times and caved. That was the first and last time I summoned someone.

Just... screw ranged enemies in general.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
ok i got a tip.

if youre in ng+

farm the revys in the a request from ginchiyo quest. most of them have demon armor sets and it seems like a transferable attack mod shows up on them often (i probably have 10 sitting in my item box for later use)

farm them up and then get the gloves to max fam, and then transfer the mod to all your armor pieces.

Ive got 5 pieces of armor with 30+ to attack. (itll show up as +19 or +18 with no fam, but increases to 30+ when you get 999)

Thanks but I'm looking for 20 attack gloves. I want the perfect roll only have one of them.
Drowning in the +19. And of course I'm looking for more because I want to transfer the roll to other items.
Hence if anyone got time to die somewhere with some would be nice. I can also die first to spread mine.

I got to the double onyudo + canon skeleton, got absolutely destroyed a few times and caved. That was the first and last time I summoned someone.

Just... screw ranged enemies in general.

yeah i did it solo and then helped a few ppl out. it wasnt an easy battle at all. that dude also shoots way faster than normal. he was spamming that shit.

Productive day today. Got my Yasakani Magatama, got my mixed armor set, got every piece of the set to +5, got my fire and water dual kats to +5, and cleared every mission and sub mission in NG+ up to the first two missions in region 5.

Hell, I'd keep going if I didn't have a test at 10 am that I want to wake up early to study for.

Zesh

I guess it's good that I didn't bother with making 320 armor. Still, I'll be sad to see my 320 weapon reverted; the crazy numbers were fun to see.

Anyway, congrats to KT and Team Ninja for the 1 million milestone!

Those were the two greatest swordsmiths

giphy.gif

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Of course I can also spread other stuff again instead of the 20 attack gloves like 15% CCD or some inherit scaling stuff. Nobody got time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom