• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT2| Maths Effect

tusken77

From Reddit

xeKHfZv.gif

GOTY

lol

Gives new meaning to 'cockpit'.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
So I know I asked this before, but my friend is playing, had the opportunity to get Atlas Pass V1, but accidentally passed it up, and has no way to get back to that system.
He happened upon the Anomoly a second time, but they act as if he took
the pass already.

So is he fucked? How can he go about making this happen?

One reply said "It's a drop", but that doesn't really tell me anything at all.

Zafir

So I know I asked this before, but my friend is playing, had the opportunity to get Atlas Pass V1, but accidentally passed it up, and has no way to get back to that system.
He happened upon the Anomoly a second time, but they act as if he took
the pass already.

So is he fucked? How can he go about making this happen?

One reply said "It's a drop", but that doesn't really tell me anything at all.

You can still get it from random events such as aliens, or terminals or whatever as far as I understand.

Finally got my 48 ship. I'll likely swap it out for one of those dragonfly looking ones eventually. Still having lots of fun, I'm losing track of the hours. Might need to take a day or two off.

Haunted

I found some big bipedal dinosaurs/lizardmen... with the tiniest little wings keeping them flying in the air.

Burst out laughing.

Septimius

They're patching the game, PC version out, PS4 should be ready very soon, per Sean's twitter. Gotta grind ships in a Gek system before the patch!

I went to an Outpost, didn't see a landing pad so I just landed and behold it was hidden underground. If I walked off the landing pad I fell into watery nothingness. I was able to reload and grenade my way out and take off with no problem.

I am 150k way from the center, can jump at 1600 each. So 150k / 1500 to make it more realistic, that's 100 jumps away.. I'll need some more warp cores definitely and more time ofcourse.

I had something like this happen as well, I saved a video clip.

Zafir

Ah I see. Is it pretty rare? At least his case isn't hopeless.

I imagine it's rare just like the level 2 schematic. I've been running around for the level 2 one, and have still not found it. :|
Very curious about this as well, want to update the PC Thread OP....

*edit*

Checked Steam discussions and it seems since the new patch came out people are unable to save their game anymore....

http://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/1/361798516940844911/
Lol, who needs to test patches, am i rite!?

Loudninja

noomi

Yeah, more threads on reddit being created that people are unable to save their games now.

Apparently you get in/out of your ship and then game freezes.

Apt101

I am looking forward to that stability update on the PS4. I'd like to get in one good, long session without a crash or lockup. My first few days were fine, after that it became pretty bad.

Zafir

This patch has been in testing by devs and players for past week or so.
I'm aware, I had the experimental branch installed myself.

I'd assumed they'd added something more to it though, since despite it being in testing, there wasn't that many people reporting of save issues.

Septimius

I encountered the save bug three times yesterday on PS4. I'm sure there might be separate issues, but it's not necessarily a new bug.

So question for the extreme survival milestones. I managed to find a extreme sentinel planet, and I've been chilling in a cave for a bit. I read somewhere that going into shelters is also fine. Does this mean ALL buildings(including abandoned buildings, observatories, etc) will work also?

EDIT: Answered my own question through trial and error. Yes all buildings seem to count, just not your ship.

Venom Fox

Banned
I encountered the save bug three times yesterday on PS4. I'm sure there might be separate issues, but it's not necessarily a new bug.
Yes it was a save bug where players could find the game didn't save when it was supposed to. The difference is now is that (a lot of) PC players CANNOT save whatsoever.

I'm not concerned about the bug fixing, it's pretty much their job to mend the game. What I'd like to know is: the ditched, extremely hyped features, will be implemented?

Handy Fake

I know they're getting daggers at the minute, but the way they're going about fixing issues is very encouraging. I'm still ridiculously optimistic about where the game is going, and I love it at the minute as it is.

I'm not concerned about the bug fixing, it's pretty much their job to mend the game. What I'd like to know is: the ditched, extremely hyped features, will be implemented?

nmstweet07lm7.png

Dredd97

Yes it was a save bug where players could find the game didn't save when it was supposed to. The difference is now is that (a lot of) PC players CANNOT save whatsoever.

is this steam specific though? a few posters have said that they haven't encountered the save bug in the GOG version of the game...

Does anybody else want a sort of console command enabler? I was enamored with my first 4 or 5 hours in game and that slowly wore off because i could give two shits about "survival resource management" games.

I'd LOVE console commands to be able to do whatever i want with my inventory and supplies and just explore until my heart's content. "spawn item Iridium (500) ship" Boom, Iridium in my ship, upgrade built 0 fucks wasted.

I could just cruise in my ship and take in the sights from time to time without having to worry about the inventory at all. Would be real nice... well, for me anyway. I know some love spending most of their time in the inventory with the management meta.

Venom Fox

Banned
is this steam specific though? a few posters have said that they haven't encountered the save bug in the GOG version of the game...
This is what I'm thinking. All the reports I've read have come from Steam users and none currently coming from GOG users. Maybe the patch has conflicting code with the Steam save file system? God knows but it's looking likely it's an issue with the patch and Steam.

Dredd97

This is what I'm thinking. All the reports I've read have come from Steam users and none currently trying from GOG users. Maybe the patch has conflicting code with the Steam save file system? God knows but it's looking likely it's an issue with the patch and Steam.

I'll know for sure myself later as I have the GOG version of the game and I've not encountered any of the problems the PC users on steam have..

hopefully this will make it even better for me :)

Venom Fox

Banned
I'll know for sure myself later as I have the GOG version of the game and I've not encountered any of the problems the PC users on steam have..

hopefully this will make it even better for me :)
Yeah the patch has greatly increased performance for the GOG users commenting on here and Reddit etc. :)

I know they're getting daggers at the minute, but the way they're going about fixing issues is very encouraging. I'm still ridiculously optimistic about where the game is going, and I love it at the minute as it is.

I know they are fixing things, what I want to know is if the game will ever resemble the product shown in trailers.

I'm not being obnoxious about it, just a legitimate question regarding the gap between what was shown and what has been delivered.

Top Bottom