• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No monthly PSU fees on 36tees

aerofx

SnakeXs said:
You obviously needed to bump this and just couldn't post in the other, currently active thread about the SAME EXACT THING, could you?

:lol What the hell is your problem? I posted in this thread because I followed a link to here from another thread so piss off!

Wulfer

Ok add me to the list of purchase if it's true. I was turned off by PSO II's monthly fee and I see no reason to pay more when I'm paying for Live. Unless Microsoft gives a experience like WOW then maybe their shouldn't be a fees for these games.

PS I bet Marketplace explodes with this title. It makes since....

Philia

WULFER said:
Ok add me to the list of purchase if it's true. I was turned off by PSO II's monthly fee and I see no reason to pay more when I'm paying for Live. Unless Microsoft gives a experience like WOW then maybe their shouldn't be a fees for these games.

PS I bet Marketplace explodes with this title. It makes since....

Except it's a SEGA game, handled server side by them. I simply fail to understand why people can't grasp this. There will be a fee. You're paying Sega, not MS. Live does not factor into this, because MS gets the money for that, not Sega.

-Rogue5-

I think they mean as a promotional thing -- no paying monthly fees for the first 3 months or something stupid. The only way they could pull this off is to offer massive damage..errr.. massive downloadable content/microtransactions or frequent new releases ala Guild Wars.

If it is true, I'll buy it. However, I remain pessimistic because it sounds too good to be true (which is usually the case). Here's hoping.

zooL

So you dont have to pay monthly fees for the huge power supply unit if you play online? I might get a 360, then.

Core407

Banned
Philia said:
Except it's a SEGA game, handled server side by them. I simply fail to understand why people can't grasp this. There will be a fee. You're paying Sega, not MS. Live does not factor into this, because MS gets the money for that, not Sega.

They're handling servers, but they don't need to FFS. People have been hosting personal servers of PSO for years now. The game doesn't require much bandwith.

Zonar

zooL said:
So you dont have to pay monthly fees for the huge power supply unit if you play online? I might get a 360, then.
Nall90.png

I love that game.

Core407 said:
They're handling servers, but they don't need to FFS. People have been hosting personal servers of PSO for years now. The game doesn't require much bandwith.
Not to be on anyones side, but the userbase in value is alot different when it comes to home hosted pso games and the original launch servers, its like comparing 250 people with 25,000.

Though I have to say, sega sold 250k japanese copys of psu at launch and their server was only setup to handle 20k.... what?

MrDaravon

Diablohead said:
Not to be on anyones side, but the userbase in value is alot different when it comes to home hosted pso games and the original launch servers, its like comparing 250 people with 25,000.

Though I have to say, sega sold 250k japanese copys of psu at launch and their server was only setup to handle 20k.... what?

Sega's retarded when it comes to PSO servers. Part of why they had so many problems on DC was that they had only anticipated people playing the game online "1-3 months," not 5 years -_-. I know part of the reason is that the vast majority of people online are actually from the PS2 version, and they were not expecting anywhere near that many people online with the PS2 (which is understandable actually). Even with that though, 20k was way too low a number. I'm fairly confident they'll have things largely worked out by the US release though.

Top Bottom