• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle screenshots

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
a few new screens out of Famitsu:

jcoIt2zQXsP9CFmF7G7Ol6Gh24f1D88S.jpg

CS572Bxsd5b2233uHa5JFi8YJg471yn3.jpg

ND94ScMj64oF8At4N41356XpioL3RajS.jpg

peN72TJO9l86H26pu626dhir3374tJA4.jpg

eN4Av3c86o6Y8waCMg7ULr5Zh5y7JEem.jpg

this last image is most intriguing to me since it's quite intimate. it adds with the first image because it not only shows a slight difference in style and improvement of technology, but also a kind of hollow fear on Travis's part, which was nearly unheard of in the first, except maybe when
Thunder Ryu died :'(

also, Suda being awesome:
DKx1NDs8A16puZIHT3275IT246LZ6dea.jpg

edit: oh sweet a new page. and when will anyone get around to that GAF plays thread?

Scrubking

ezekial45 said:
New interview with Suda 51 is up:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/51552.html

- Wants to make Cat mini-game deeper than Ubisoft's Petz. :lol
- More bosses than the original

More stuff:

- Pizza Butt
- More enemy variety
- Better enemy AI
- Better physics
- Not just 1 v 1 Boss battles anymore
- Fat Jeane, diet minigame
- do more in your room
- More boss fights than in the first (hopefully 50)
- "cooler" controls

Scrubking

Akai said:
There just HAS to be a fight against Pure White Lover Bizarre Jelly (or girls cosplaying as them) this time!

That would be awesome.

Can't watch the video right now...is the "hopefully 50" added by you, or said by Suda?

Yeah. That was me. He just said more boss fights than the first game.

Scans of NP have confirmed 50 bosses, boss fights against multiple opponents, and playable Shinobu (who runs faster than Travis and can jump).

Sadist

EmCeeGramr said:
Scans of NP have confirmed 50 bosses, boss fights against multiple opponents, and playable Shinobu (who runs faster than Travis and can jump).
OOOOOOHHHHHHH SSSSSHHHHHIIIIIIEEET that's awesome.

That's pretty excessive.

Shinobu:
So what's the deal with Shinobu's right hand? She loses it after the bossfight in NMH1 but gets it back at the end. Does it shoot lasers in NMH2? What's the deal?

PepsimanVsJoe said:
That's pretty excessive.

Shinobu:
So what's the deal with Shinobu's right hand? She loses it after the bossfight in NMH1 but gets it back at the end. Does it shoot lasers in NMH2? What's the deal?

The scans show her wearing a black glove over her right hand. Maybe it's a prosthetic now?

Christine

EmCeeGramr said:
The scans show her wearing a black glove over her right hand. Maybe it's a prosthetic now?

I was just about to ask if she wore a black glove. Of course it's a prosthetic, just like Skywalker's

MoogPaul

TunaLover said:
50 bosses? I hope this doesn´t affect the whole quality, you know filler bosses or lame not so awesome bosses.

Supposedly, there will be fights against multiple ranks at the same time. So it's not 50 individual fights.

MoogPaul said:
Supposedly, there will be fights against multiple ranks at the same time. So it's not 50 individual fights.
I'm betting it's normal fights with ranks 50 - 40

Then a Dynasty Warriors-style fight against 39 - 5

And individual fights with the rest.

That seems very Suda-ish.

Dascu

ShockingAlberto said:

I'm hoping for an Old Boy-esque exhaustion fight against dozens of assassins.

MoogPaul

I'm kind of expecting not necessarily a gauntlet match against a ton of assassins so much as a group of assassins at once. Think of 5 assassin's who are a group and fight at the same time (Axem Rangers style) but them being listed as like 35 - 30.

Dizzle24

TwinIonEngines said:
I was just about to ask if she wore a black glove. Of course it's a prosthetic, just like Skywalker's

Shit just got real.

He's the Obi Wan to her Luke :lol :lol

I CANNOT FUCKING WAIT to see how this game's plot plays out.

Playable Shinobu??? Fuck Yes x 1,000,000 = :D

Hiltz

I've been looking forward to No More Heroes 2 ever since it was first announced but some of these new in-game details are just too cool.

TunaLover

ShockingAlberto said:

And the not playable ranks ;) Letz Shake style.

ShockingAlberto said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to fight DW style with the lower ranked opponents (as in not as good) than the upper?

If there are scans can someone PM the link?

MoogPaul said:
I'm kind of expecting not necessarily a gauntlet match against a ton of assassins so much as a group of assassins at once. Think of 5 assassin's who are a group and fight at the same time (Axem Rangers style) but them being listed as like 35 - 30.
Sounds about right.

Zoramon089 said:
Wouldn't it make more sense to fight DW style with the lower ranked opponents (as in not as good) than the upper?

Letz Shake was a 5th rank in NMH and we all know how that turned out.
Best to just wait for the surprise.

Honestly, it's pointless for any of us to predict what will be in this game, because we don't have a fucking clue what's going on in Suda's head.
:p

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
TwinIonEngines said:

Suda loves his Star Wars, that's for sure. :lol

hellclerk

BorkBork said:
Suda loves his Star Wars, that's for sure. :lol
oh my God! I JUST GOT IT!

Vader: "No Luke, i AM your father!"

Skywalker: "No! That's Impossible!"

Travis (paraphrased): "I didn't Kill your father"

Shinobu (paraphrased): "No! That's Impossible!"

:O

rikichi

Awesome, awesome news.

Cannot wait to play as Shinobu.

Also, Yusuke Kozaki's character designs are, as always, fuckin awesome.

Christine

doomed1 said:
oh my God! I JUST GOT IT!

Vader: "No Luke, i AM your father!"

Skywalker: "No! That's Impossible!"

Travis (paraphrased): "I didn't Kill your father"

Shinobu (paraphrased): "No! That's Impossible!"

Exactly. God I need a GAF Plays thread this weekend.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
EmCeeGramr said:

hellclerk

TwinIonEngines said:
Exactly. God I need a GAF Plays thread this weekend.
i was actually being wittily facetious, since
cutting off the hand is a symbol of stripping away power and ability, and more useful as relating for an injury that teaches a lesson
. see: ancient punishment of thieves. the Star Wars reference is easy to build on the condition though is merely consequencial. for example, the color of the glove and what it implies as to what's under it would be a proper reference, but the fact of the matter is, that glove needs to be there in one form or another. it is us, the products of our popular culture, that draws the parallel immediately.

MoogPaul

doomed1 said:
i was actually being wittily facetious, since
cutting off the hand is a symbol of stripping away power and ability, and more useful as relating for an injury that teaches a lesson
. see: ancient punishment of thieves. the Star Wars reference is easy to build on the condition though is merely consequencial. for example, the color of the glove and what it implies as to what's under it would be a proper reference, but the fact of the matter is, that glove needs to be there in one form or another. it is us, the products of our popular culture, that draws the parallel immediately.

Or the fact that No More Heroes is riddled with Star Wars references and Suda is a pop culture whore. But super read into things, that's cool too. I don't know about me, but you're obviously an expert on Japanese culture.

hellclerk

MoogPaul said:
Or the fact that No More Heroes is riddled with Star Wars references and Suda is a pop culture whore. But super read into things, that's cool too. I don't know about me, but you're obviously an expert on Japanese culture.
more like literature and media. if i was an expert in Japanese (pop)culture, i would have known about some random samurai flick where
someone gets their hand cut off
and said the scene more represented that film. the Star Wars references are what i call a subreferencial constant, meaning that the Star Wars references are inherent simply because of things like the Beam Katana and
the murdered father,
though not necessarily initially intentional. the themes are there no matter what, so thus it's almost always easy to draw the parallel, even when they're there by pure literary coincidence.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
doomed1 said:
more like literature and media. if i was an expert in Japanese (pop)culture, i would have known about some random samurai flick where
and said the scene more represented that film. the Star Wars references are what i call a subreferencial constant, meaning that the Star Wars references are inherent simply because of things like the Beam Katana and
the murdered father,
though not necessarily initially intentional. the themes are there no matter what, so thus it's almost always easy to draw the parallel, even when they're there by pure literary coincidence.

The fake end credits are clearly a reference to Star Wars. If I recall correctly, there's even a poster in Bishop's store that references Star Wars. On top of that, the soundtrack has a song called "Staff Wars EPISODE I", that is distinctly similar to the Star Wars: Episode I theme rendition.

The Star War references are abound. Its you who's choosing not to see them.

EatChildren said:
The fake end credits are clearly a reference to Star Wars. If I recall correctly, there's even a poster in Bishop's store that references Star Wars. On top of that, the soundtrack has a song called "Staff Wars EPISODE I", that is distinctly similar to the Star Wars: Episode I theme rendition.

The Star War references are abound. Its you who's choosing not to see them.

The end credits also referenced Back to the Future.

Christine

doomed1 said:
the murdered father,

It may have gotten into the first game by coincidence, but I've got a hunch that the writers have recognized this parallel and are running with it. A visual reference to the final scene of ESB or something similar would seal the deal. God I can't wait to see what they do with this game.

wRATH2x

Banned
Holy shit 50 bosses!? Hell yes! The bosses were the best thing about the game. I hope there's an MJ inspired boss(Yeah I know but still ;-( )

Dascu

Supposedly from the previous Edge magazine:
"It's still too early to tell you everything about the game," says Suda, "but firstly we're going to have more than one playable character - as the scenario unfolds, Shinobu and Henry will become playable and will bring their own styles and cool factor".
hype hype hype

Top Bottom