• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No release date set yet for Dark Souls 2 PC

Grief.exe

Till April, when GFWL dies and the game becomes unplayable :( , there is no patch anywhere in sight :(

Game will still be perfectly playable even without a patch.

Either through crack or offline mode in the worst case scenario possible.

Wut? Thats incorrect.

PS3 sales in Japan: 80 000+
PC sales in Japan: <57 000

PS3+360+PC sales rest of the world: 555k

How did you reach that conclusion?

I have no doubt PS3 and 360 SKU's would have outsold the PC version by a notable amount.

The PC market is quite surprising to those that don't realize the shear volume of sales that occur.

And that was back in April, its probably nearly double that by now.

If they didn't do such a poor job porting the game then it would have been significantly more successful.

The PC market is quite surprising to those that don't realize the shear volume of sales that occur.

And that was back in April, its probably nearly double that by now.

If they didn't do such a poor job porting the game then it would have been significantly more successful.

Dark Souls offline might as well be unplayable, I would have played the game for 70 hours only instead of the 300.

-MD-

I'd be ok with this because I need to buy South Park first anyways. Having people beta test it first is even better.

EFF it I'll just get the PS3 version. That will I will be discovering the game at the same rate as everyone else and will have the purest experience

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Would suck, but this game doesn't exist to me until it's out on the PC, so I'll deal if it's the case.

Gotta wait for PC version. I will not double dip.

Eh, his wording sucks but I almost agree with his sentiment. Online play is a huge part of why Souls is awesome. At least for me it is, I love doing co-op or PvP. They're both so fun.

But you know, if they remade Demon's and Dark Souls with the new engine, I'd buy them both twice.

Playing Dark Souls in offline mode is like playing gta with all the cars taken out, or a mario game without any jumping.

damn, I wish they would just patch in steam support for online play in DS1. Then PC version really could be the definitive version master race types like to say it is. I guess theres not really any chance of that happening with Dark Souls 2 coming out now, is there?

With my dying breath, I curse gfwl one last time.

darkziosj

I played dark souls offline and didn't have an "unplayable" experience, i did everything myself i didn't need some lvl 99 buddies to help me.

Amazing chest ahead.

Gwynevere01.jpg

It'll probably launch alongside the console versions as Early Access and they'll officially launch it after Durante has fixed the game.

I played dark souls offline and didn't have an "unplayable" experience, i did everything myself i didn't need some lvl 99 buddies to help me.

You wouldn't be able to summon level 99 buddies unless your level was somehwere near theirs. Meanwhile you never faced the most terrifying, thrilling and satisfying enemies in the game - human invaders.

You wouldn't be able to summon level 99 buddies unless your level was somehwere near theirs. Meanwhile you never faced the most terrifying, thrilling and satisfying enemies in the game - human invaders.

I kinda regret being human so little, thus only being invaded 3 or 4 times

IlludiumQ36

Only if one starts a new game. The "Load Game" option doesn't even appear if DS is started with internet disconnected. It is only available after signing in to GFWL.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Dark Souls 2 could be another interesting case to see if people really have abandoned last gen software. Wouldn't be surprised to be honest.

Disrespecting the PC user base with a delayed release means i'm waiting for a big time sale. Bunch of other games to rent in March anyway.

Dark Souls 2 could be another interesting case to see if people really have abandoned last gen software. Wouldn't be surprised to be honest.

Disrespecting the PC user base with a delayed release means i'm waiting for a big time sale. Bunch of other games to rent in March anyway.

I think it's going to perform really well on PC.

I want to wait for a sale as well, because let's face it... games get real cheap real fast on PC! I'm not sure I have the strength for that though!

It may be the lowest priority, but I think FROM is probably very happy with their PC sales.

c_l1365732815_11umso0.jpg

(from http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=538569)

Looking at that picture, from April 2013, assuming I'm doing my math right, Dark Souls PC is about 43% of the total Prepare to Die edition sales worldwide. Of course, there was no PC release for the original version, so obviously it'll make up a larger chunk of PTD edition sales, but it goes to show that it's done very well on PC for a cheap port. I'd also guess that since April, with Steam summer sale and winter sale, the PC version probably sold just as well as the console versions in the same period, and it'll continue to sell during sales due to PC games' longer tails.

PC is 43%? Is it really that hard to read off the graph? The Prepare to Die editions are lumping together PS3 sales with PC. We have no data on how many of those PtD sales are from PS3 and how many are from PC. All we know is that PC sales are less than 690,000. I think it is a fair assumption that console sales dwarf the PC sales by a fairly large margin...

Varna

I'll gladly wait for the PC version. Absolutely no way in hell I will subject myself to the console version.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
PC is 43%? Is it really that hard to read off the graph? The Prepare to Die editions are lumping together PS3 sales with PC. We have no data on how many of those PtD sales are from PS3 and how many are from PC. All we know is that PC sales are less than 690,000. I think it is a fair assumption that console sales dwarf the PC sales by a fairly large margin...

Well I mean, for one there's two consoles and for 2, the console versions came out over a year before the PC version.

There's not really much meaningful that can be extrapolated from those figures.

What we do know is that From said PC is the lead platform and that they were very happy with the sales of the PC version.

Grief.exe

Figures released early last year point to 300k sales, by now sales are probably around the 600,000 mark.

For a game that was ported so late, horrible DRM, and has so many well-documented issues that isn't so bad.
Gabe himself has said that including DRM with your game will substantially effect total sales numbers.

Hypron

I don't know about him but where I live (New Zealand) playing PvP is just an exercise in frustration, because of the atrocious lag (both on Xbox and PC, haven't tried it on ps3). Fighting people that teleport or who take damage a second after you hit them isn't satisfying, it's shit. I'd rather play solo where the game is responsive 100% of the time than have to deal with people that lag.

Hopefully DS2 will have dedicated servers in Australia or even better New Zealand, which should make online play a lot more interesting.

FUCK NO

I'm picking this up on 360, aren't I? :(

Pick it up on both, you know you want to :p

ChronoX

This gives me more time to save money to buy this game since I currently cannot afford to buy Dark souls 2, Diablo III Reaper of Souls and Titan Fall all in March. Delays still suck though :( Hopefully it's for the betterment of the game's performance.

Soule

I'm a patient guy, bit of a bummer though but at least I get more time to play other games and if I can get a new PC before then it'd be nice.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Would have no problem with that if it turns out to be May. Think a nunber of us can agree that March is full.

Top Bottom