• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nokia Lumia |OT| Worth the Weight

Black-Box

If all the reviews (that I've read) feel its a big enough issue to mention, then I would take their word over that of whoever created that image since they likely haven't even held the phone yet. But I don't care, cuz I do lift!

They are just comparing it to the iPhone 5. Also they are all probably iPhone 5 users so the 920 probably feels heavier then it actually does to them. They must be trying to set the iPhone 5 as the standard.

Raistlin

Cyan is up for BB.
Let me clarify ...

If you want to get it or yellow IIRC, through AT&T, you have to do it via their website. They will not be carrying stock within their stores (though you can have them order it for you there I assume). I wasn't saying it's exclusively online at AT&T.

To the original point though ... I'm saying none of this has anything to do with pre-orders.

Raistlin

I'm not feeling that cyan. I'll have to see it in person.
Take a lot at the 900 to get an idea. They should still have them at AT&T stores, etc.

Do we know the unsubsidized US price yet? Is it even possible to purchase one that way?
$599 IIRC. It would still be carrier locked to AT&T though.

The alternate is to get an international version (which I don't think will work with AT&T LTE). However importing will cost you.

I suppose a 3rd alternative is get a dev phone. Though that will cost you even more than an international rev.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks guys, will do.

Any idea as to what colours will be available in Canada?

Black only. Rogers forum and blog has been bombarded by people complaining. If it's like the 900 we will get cyan several months later :p

Colour choice is a big factor with phone I choose. The 8X is confirmed to be coming in Blue to Rogers and I imagine Bell.

cube444

Black only. Rogers forum and blog has been bombarded by people complaining. If it's like the 900 we will get cyan several months later :p

Colour choice is a big factor with phone I choose. The 8X is confirmed to be coming in Blue to Rogers and I imagine Bell.

I hate when they limit colour options like that.

My HTC HD7 is 162 grams and it's never been a problem from day one. If you want a phone with a nice big screen, a skin that don't crack, plentiful battery and the best camera technology then 185 grams is not even a topic to be hung up on.

The problem is that the tech blogs are nothing more than reflexive entities that cater to popular trends to maintain their readerships attention. This sometimes means validating their readerships purchase decisions.

Take a lot at the 900 to get an idea. They should still have them at AT&T stores, etc.

$599 IIRC. It would still be carrier locked to AT&T though.

The alternate is to get an international version (which I don't think will work with AT&T LTE). However importing will cost you.

I suppose a 3rd alternative is get a dev phone. Though that will cost you even more than an international rev.
Thanks Raistlin! How would I go about getting a developer phone?

UraMallas

Called Best Buy mobile and they couldn't do a pre-order because the rep couldn't find the phone yet. I'll call tomorrow and ask about the wireless charging plate. I'll try AT&T first.

TwIsTeD

either the at&t site is screwed with upgrades or I read the fine print and a family plan line pays the full $199 and the cost of the wireless charge plate....at $99 i`ll bite but not at $249 + tax

Can you transfer a number through Best Buy or do you have to go directly through ATT?

Would like to go through Best Buy due to credit card bonuses if possible.

RBH

either the at&t site is screwed with upgrades or I read the fine print and a family plan line pays the full $199 and the cost of the wireless charge plate....at $99 i`ll bite but not at $249 + tax
I read that adding the wireless charger to your cart should subtract $100 from the $199 to bring the total cost to $99, but it could just be a case of the website screwing up.

Milchjon

?

What's wrong with otterboxes? Or are you just talking aesthetically?

Nothing wrong with them, there's just something wrong with people acting like their fucking arms will fall off due to the 920's weight when a great number of people keeps their iPhone 5 in one of these and can handle it without a problem.

dLMN8R

:lol: holy shit I love this thread title

I've read that you only get the free charging pad with the black one. Is that true?

TwIsTeD

I read that adding the wireless charger to your cart should subtract $100 from the $199 to bring the total cost to $99, but it could just be a case of the website screwing up.

yea kept trying and it charges full $199 and $49 for the charge plate. too lazy to call right now to haha

UraMallas

Can you transfer a number through Best Buy or do you have to go directly through ATT?

Would like to go through Best Buy due to credit card bonuses if possible.
I called them about an hour ago to confirm and they told me that they can transfer the number. essentially, you would pre order the phone and when you receive it and activate it you can switch at that time. at least that's what the rep told me.

I need to figure out if it's cheaper to add a line to my family plan and pay the $99 or cheaper overall to buy the device outright.

Right now it looks like adding a line to the family plan would be the cheaper option... the given the $9.99/mo for the line.. so $240 + $99 - $49 (free charging plate) is less than $449 + tax to buy the device outright.

I called them about an hour ago to confirm and they told me that they can transfer the number. essentially, you would pre order the phone and when you receive it and activate it you can switch at that time. at least that's what the rep told me.

Thank you for the info!

played with my bosses Lumia 900 the other day I really like the form and how it feels on my hands. I really wanna get this or the nexus 4

Demy

So has anyone been able to pre-order through the att site? Every time I click pre-order on the site it just reloads the page and nothing happens. Also I haven't upgraded my phone in a while anyone know the activation fee?

Top Bottom