• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nokia Lumia |OT| Worth the Weight

accx

Hm, what happened to the gray model? Will it not be available in all countries or is it just not available at launch? I'm thinking of picking this up beginning of next year and was dead set on the gray model.

Demy

Ok so I talked to a rep on the AT&T site they say they are not offering charging pads with pre-orders. Has anyone been able to find out how the offer works? I can't even find the charging pad by itself on the AT&T site.

Hm, what happened to the gray model? Will it not be available in all countries or is it just not available at launch? I'm thinking of picking this up beginning of next year and was dead set on the gray model.

This here?

It takes time to get dressed and sexy.

yXLWa.jpg

NeM0w.jpg

6KhF2.jpg

lol glossy

It will be available at some point after launch. January sounds good, imo.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
How would one go about buying this SIM Free/Unlocked in the UK? I have never bought a phone outright before!

hadareud

The Translator
How would one go about buying this SIM Free/Unlocked in the UK? I have never bought a phone outright before!

You can buy it Sim free from Phones4u once they have it in stock.

It will be locked to EE/Orange/T-Mobile though, so you'll still need to unlock it (there's a few sites online that let you do it, costs around 15 quid or so).

Bullza2o

So has anyone been able to pre-order through the att site? Every time I click pre-order on the site it just reloads the page and nothing happens. Also I haven't upgraded my phone in a while anyone know the activation fee?

I was able to at like 11:02pm CST. $36 activation fee.

hwalker84

Nokia/AT&T pulled off some serious magic. I'm not eligible for an upgrade but I was able to get the device for $100

PREORDERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PG2G

Ok so I talked to a rep on the AT&T site they say they are not offering charging pads with pre-orders. Has anyone been able to find out how the offer works? I can't even find the charging pad by itself on the AT&T site.

The website told me to explicitly add the charging plate on whatever page as I was going through the upgrade process.

kitch9

Banned

It will be locked to EE/Orange/T-Mobile though, so you'll still need to unlock it (there's a few sites online that let you do it, costs around 15 quid or so).

Nokia are fucking stupid....

hadareud

The Translator
They are bollocksing the launch in the UK up completely.

I care more about the phone not being available at all at the moment, rather than it being locked.

I'm with Orange at the moment, so that doesn't effect me too much immediately. I also have a foreign SIM card that I use, so I'll need to unlock it for that, but 10 or 15 pounds extra won't kill me.

Just give me the fucking thing already.

scently

So if I buy this phone can I use it on a network outside the USA? I ask because I don't live in th US but would like to buy it from AT&T as it is much cheaper than in Europe.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
They are bollocksing the launch in the UK up completely.

I care more about the phone not being available at all at the moment, rather than it being locked.

I'm with Orange at the moment, so that doesn't effect me too much immediately. I also have a foreign SIM card that I use, so I'll need to unlock it for that, but 10 or 15 pounds extra won't kill me.

Just give me the fucking thing already.

I'd love to know what they are getting from the EE deal and the Phones4U deal, I really hope it's cash because if it was just marketing spend it's completely backfired.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood

Hmm I guess that is not too bad as my Orange contract runs out in Feb. I guess I will have to stalk around Phones4U and wait for it to release..

I'd love to know what they are getting from the EE deal and the Phones4U deal, I really hope it's cash because if it was just marketing spend it's completely backfired.

haha yeah, nobody in the stores know or care about these phones & will continue to sell the public iphones or the samsung galaxy sIII.
granted, if that's what the public want then fair enough.

hadareud

The Translator

I was thinking the same thing.

It was supposed to be launched last week, it still isn't available and nobody has a clue what's going on or when they are actually able to give you one.

EE aren't promoting it - on the website you basically have to know what you are looking for to even find it.

Really poor.

Milchjon

My most Apple obsessed friend is thinking about getting a 920, but I'm having a hard time resolving all his doubts.

I don't think he'll actually do it though.

Quikies83

Damnit.. I want to pick up my 920 on Friday. I wonder if I could put in a preorder at my local At&t store via the phone.

hwalker84

To all you Lumia 900 owners go through the checkout process. I'm not even close to being able to upgrade but I was able to get the $99 price.

kilongs

Went through AT&T online and upgraded my Focus to the cyan 920. Did not see the charging pad when I was given the option of adding accessories to the order.

"Your order is scheduled to be shipped on November 8, 2012"

UraMallas

Pre-ordered on the AT&T site! I switched my phone number from Verizon without a problem, it would seem. There was no charging plate option in the accessories so I'm hoping that will be something I can get through their site later with a receipt. I chose overnight shipping and the confirm said it would be shipping on 11/08/2012. Cyan Lumia 920 on Friday for my birthday weekend. :)

I'm happy.

Your Nokia Lumia 920 has been reserved and is expected to arrive on or around 11/09/12

Feels good, man.

thirty

Banned
so this non commitment pricing is still making me add a plan? looks like att may squeeze one month minimum billing out of me.

To all you Lumia 900 owners go through the checkout process. I'm not even close to being able to upgrade but I was able to get the $99 price.

Not showing up that way for me.

Maybe I have to let them detect that my sim card is in the lumia 900 before it will happen..

I've been using my galaxy nexus because the battery life on my 900 is shit by comparison.

Doffen

Nokia Nordic just announced 29. November to be the launch date for Lumia 920 in Norway. I believe it will be the same date for Sweden and Denmark as well.

Quikies83

Went through AT&T online and upgraded my Focus to the cyan 920. Did not see the charging pad when I was given the option of adding accessories to the order.

Same. I was told we didn't need to add it as a accessory - it will automatically be included as long as the supplies are there.

I did the free priority shipping -- will be shipped on November 8th. I hope it is here Friday or Saturday :)

Raistlin

I stopped at an AT&T store this morning, and there seems to be a lot of confusion about how this is going to work. They expect to know more Friday, but this is what I gleaned:

• They are not taking pre-orders at the store - it must be done online

• He thinks that the free charger deal is actually if you purchase the phone on the 9th or later. So pre-ordering may actually screw you from getting one.

• He's not actually sure how the free charger is redeemed, particularly for online orders

• It sounds like the charger is black

• They weren't actually sure what colors will be stocked on Friday. The press seems to indicate cyan and yellow are online-only, but they have no idea. Essentially they'll know more on Friday

As far as the clerks are concerned, AT&T/Nokia have been very 'secretive' about this. In other words, it's been a clusterfuck in terms of organization. That's especially lame given how long the product has been ready. They really seem to have dropped the ball in terms of coordination here.

Top Bottom