• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nomura Securities: NX will be unveiled in June and released October-November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vena

There's a bunch of smaller things wrong with it. It looks fine at first glance, but the more I think about it the more fake it's sounding.

Oh I don't doubt it, I am simply saying he's concocting a very strange story. The usual leak will also not come from an established reddit account, since its then easy to just back-track the post history.

Instro

Really wish cboat leaked Nintendo news

or at least Nintendo had an inside leaker on the level of cboat

I think I've only seen it once or twice where a someone on gaming forum, or any other forum for that matter, leaked big Nintendo shit and it was actually legit.

The fact that Nintendo specifically stated before the last Nintendo Direct that there will be no NX information makes believe the next "New format Nintendo Direct" absolutely will. Unless they feel like stating that same line again which I have a very hard time seeing them do that. Twice in a row.

I think I've only seen it once or twice where a someone on gaming forum, or any other forum for that matter, leaked big Nintendo shit and it was actually legit.

I remember hearing after the fact that DKCR and NSMBWii were leaked at IGN Boards or something, something like a new 2D DK and a 4-player Mario game?

RM8

I remember the leak of Wii Fit Trainer and Pac-Man for SSB. There was no way that wasn't insider info, right?

AzaK

For those of you hungry for some leaks, there's a guy on reddit who claims he has access to the NX's operating system. He says he's part of a group contracted by Nintendo to find exploits in the OS to run unsigned code (homebrew).

According to him, the OS build for NX compiles for ARM, and there's another build which compiles for PowerPC (likely for a Wii U OS update). There's also drivers for Google Fi, which he says lends credibility for a portable device. It also makes heavy use of Material Design in the OS.

https://np.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/...ntendo_to_unveil_nx_in_january_at_ces/cyasp1u

Of course, this is the internet and you'd be a fool to not take this information with a grain of salt. But judging from his post history, he seems like he knows what he's talking about. It's certainly believable enough, and reads like it's relevant developer information as opposed to wild fan speculation. Take it or leave it, I guess.

PPC? God help us if true

The fact that Nintendo specifically stated before the last Nintendo Direct that there will be no NX information makes believe the next "New format Nintendo Direct" absolutely will. Unless they feel like stating that same line again which I have a very hard time seeing them do that. Twice in a row.
This.

I can see Nintendo holding off on a Direct until February (if we count Smash Direct in December), and holding a "future of Nintendo" Direct, ala PS4-style.

Pokemaniac

More than likely, but could you elaborate on what he said that doesn't make sense?

Aside from the fact that he's being oddly open about these details, a lot of it is smaller things that most people wouldn't pick up on.

At one point, he mentions a "Material Design engine". Suffice to say, that's not how Material Design works. I actually kinda wish it was, because designing GUIs for Android is kind of a pain. Material Design is really just a set of design guidelines. Aside from some of the elements having reference implementations, there is no real associated code to speak of.

I have no idea what "LPRE" or "RCLK" mean, and Google isn't helping. Not damning, but usually isn't a good sign. EDIT: searching a bit further, I think these names may have been taken from some low level processor stuff. Definitely not related to the context he said them in.

This line:
I don't know what it will be; nor how it'll come to be; but I do know that over forty million US dollars have been put to day-zero preorders by customers.
seems outright weird.

This:
Just a bit of speciation (since I refused majority of the NDA agreement so I don't get as much info)
seems like a bit of a red flag. I don't know a lot about industry practice for this sort of thing, but I'd be pretty shocked if Nintendo let them work on this at all without accepting the whole NDA.

This:
I'm not using the OS, just digging through it for exploits.
Seems to contradict other things he said which seem to indicate actual use of the software.

I could probably find more things if I looked. Point is, some of the details of what he's saying seem a bit sketchy.

This.

I can see Nintendo holding off on a Direct until February (if we count Smash Direct in December), and holding a "future of Nintendo" Direct, ala PS4-style.
Thats the only way to do it. Even the smash bros direct wasnt even called a Direct. Like Nintendo has no room for screw ups here. The NX has like 0 bad press yet... They have already kind of messed up with the mobile thing but NX they gotta nail. I can already see it now theres a new direct with no NX information and the articles will spread like fire... "Nintendo delays NX announcement" "Forbes:Nintendo's lethargic method to reveal its new console could damage the company in the long run" "Nintendo teases fans, NX info coming later this year"

Like they gotta be serious here.

Well, it looks like up to now either Nintendo have not had this or anybody who attended has been told to keep quiet!
There was a post by a new member on Nintendo life called nx revealer and if you read it quite quickly you would of thought it was legit, but on further inspection so many errors.

It makes me very happy that there is so much interest again in the future of Nintendo and goes to show that the nay sayers are wrong that the big N has not got that many people interested.

As I have said I am no insider but I have connections to people within the industry who have nx development kits and I have asked for some tiny bits of info and they have told me categorically we can not say anything except NX is awesome and you are going to be very surprised.

I respect this and to be honest anybody that does not I think must not care about the position they hold.

I like many are very excited for leaks and new info but respect these guys as they are making the future innovative wares we will play, plus don't forget this is not just a hobby for them but there Job!

Terry

Plus the only other thing I would say is I don't think that Nintendo would allow anybody to work on NX without NDA and I can tell you that that's what I have encountered.

jonno394

Well, it looks like up to now either Nintendo have not had this or anybody who attended has been told to keep quiet!
There was a post by a new member on Nintendo life called nx revealer and if you read it quite quickly you would of thought it was legit, but on further inspection so many errors.

It makes me very happy that there is so much interest again in the future of Nintendo and goes to show that the nay sayers are wrong that the big N has not got that many people interested.

As I have said I am no insider but I have connections to people within the industry who have nx development kits and I have asked for some tiny bits of info and they have told me categorically we can not say anything except NX is awesome and you are going to be very surprised.

I respect this and to be honest anybody that does not I think must not care about the position they hold.

I like many are very excited for leaks and new info but respect these guys as they are making the future innovative wares we will play, plus don't forget this is not just a hobby for them but there Job!

Terry

what? Is this you making a post or quoting from the other site? and whats with the title of your post?

Plus the only other thing I would say is I don't think that Nintendo would allow anybody to work on NX without NDA and I can tell you that that's what I have encountered.

What do you mean (the bolded)? Encountered how?

Exciting year. I'm looking forward to seeing what the NX is.

Vena

seems like a bit of a red flag. I don't know a lot about industry practice for this sort of thing, but I'd be pretty shocked if Nintendo let them work on this at all without accepting the whole NDA.

That one actually seems pretty normal for farmed out work. His in theory access is very limited and non-information (basically nothing about the guts other than that its ARM) outside of some factoids about google languages and the graphical API/runtime environment. He's still breaking whatever NDA he'd have signed, though, obviously.

Terry

What the hell is going on and who is Terry?

Roo

Terry

So it looks like at first you're talking about someone else but then, you finish your post like if you had some sort of inside info.

Punctuation, people.

Edit: reading your post history it seems like you're as lost as we are.

And Mihael Mello, this guy's name is Terry.

E-phonk

Banned
More than likely, but could you elaborate on what he said that doesn't make sense?

There's a bunch of smaller things wrong with it. It looks fine at first glance, but the more I think about it the more fake it's sounding.

There are different things wrong with it. One of it is there is no FreeBSD for ARMv8 64 as far as I know. It would be the hard route for Nintendo to port this themselves.
He talks about a powerpc build for the OS. That means nintendo also ported FreeBSD to the powerpc platform, as officially there is no release for PPC.
Also, you can't "refuse" parts of an NDA.
Yeah, that sounds a lot more legit :)
I remember the leak of Wii Fit Trainer and Pac-Man for SSB. There was no way that wasn't insider info, right?
If I remember correctly that leaked from a ESRB rating review video that nintendo had to submit?

Sorry guys, first to explain.

I am NOT an insider!

I have read about the supposedly leak but it turned out to be FAKE

I do have friends that work within industry. Who are under NDA and are 2 party Nintendo Devs, who have told me that NX is awesome! and that we will be very surprised. That's all the info they could say.

I am waiting anxiously like yourselves for new information.

So it looks like at first you're talking about someone else but then, you finish your post like if you had some sort of inside info.

Punctuation, people.

Edit: reading your post history it seems like you're as lost as we are.

And Mihael Mello, this guy's name is Terry.
Oh snap, sorry Terry

I am NOT an insider!

I do have friends that work within industry. Who are under NDA and are 2 party Nintendo Devs, who have told me that NX is awesome! and that we will be very surprised. That's all the info they could say.

That sounds good I hope theres some truth somewhere in what your saying. 2nd party devs?

Pokemaniac

There are different things wrong with it. One of it is there is no FreeBSD for ARMv8 64 as far as I know. It would be the hard route for Nintendo to take to port this themselves.
Also he talks about a powerpc build for the OS. That means nintendo also ported FreeBSD to the powerpc platform, as officially there is no release for PPC.
Also, you can't "refuse" a NDA.

Yeah, that sounds a lot more legit :)

If I remember correctly that leaked from a rating review video that nintendo had to submit?

http://www.freebsd.org/where.html

FreeBSD definitely has PPC support. ARM support does seem pretty limited, though.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

I am NOT an insider!

Sounds like the Wii U!

finalflame

Sure, let me take a stab at it.

My task is to rip it to shreds and run homebrew. I then report the method to run the homebrew. There's little English documentation but enough to get me going around.
In just the web browser I've discovered 3 ways of running homebrew over the past 24 hours. I'm taking a break for now but anyway; from what I can tell just looking through the uncompiled codebase; this is a stream-to unit with basic on-device functionality. The OS is large, FreeBSD based. It makes heavy use of polymer-project all over the place and has the required drivers for Google Fi. Of which there's one way of installing homebrew through.
It could be coming 2016 Jan. It could be coming late 2016. All I know is that it won't launch unless every single error is stamped out.
I don't know what it will be; nor how it'll come to be; but I do know that over forty million US dollars have been put to day-zero preorders by customers. And the OS is just being bug tested with nobody to know what the name is. All I've found is "Project NX (NNF)" at best.
  • Why would Nintendo contract outside help to consult on OS security, especially from a source that won't sign a comprehensive NDA?
  • He keeps referring to "running homebrew", but that's totally not what security people do off the bat. The process is usually finding stack overflow vulnerabilities that will let you use ROP (return-oriented programming) to bypass DEP (Data Execution Prevention) and run unauthorized code that will let you escalate privileges far enough to gain system access and execute something like homebrew. Homebrew happens and is developed after you get a proper entry point from an exploit.
  • "Uncompiled codebase" is entirely redundant. The codebase is uncompiled; it's the raw, uncompiled code of whatever software you're looking at.
  • The term "stream-to" is entirely odd and not in any way shape or form used in the industry. He's making it up, and it doesn't sound remotely appropriate. A device you stream to is just a client.
  • The OS being "large" means literally nothing, there's no reason he should feel compelled to point this out. I'm guessing he heard PS4's Orbis is FreeBSD and rolled with it.
  • Why is he mentioning Polymer in the context of the OS? Polymer is a library for creating web components. This is relevant to web development, and not a OS' UI.
  • "Drivers for Google Fi" is vague and seems unlikely. Google Fi is currently only available on Google devices, so unless we believe there is an unprecedented Google and Nintendo partnership in the works, this is most likely bullshit. Also, Google Fi seems to rely primary on the use of a multi-network SIM and a cellular radio supporting all the required bands for Fi's participating networks. He would have mentioned this instead if he had half a brain.
  • "It could be coming 2016 Jan". Really?
Fuckloads. What else I've found since downloading and decompiling the compiled package:
The WebGL implementation is using Vulkan, so that may mean they can sell fully cross platform browser games if they wish. No direct support for Flash, but an LPRE or RCLK (two user input types) will give the option to translate it to JS+Canvas ("remake as HTML5").
It's based heavily off of WebKit and going to browser://flags basically mirrors the android chrome about:flags page. browser://reload currently has a vulnerability that allows homebrew loading and the UI has a lot of polymer-project paper and neon elements. There's a new CSS position property (position: -nintendo-pointer;) which maps to the pointer it seems.
  • Nobody has any idea what the fuck he is referring to with "LPRE" or "RCLK", or why "user input types" would allow you to compile Flash projects to JS+HTML5.
  • What UI is he referring to here? Saying there are "Neon" elements just means there are animations (Polymer Neon elements are animations and special effects). "Paper" elements just refer to Polymer elements used to implement Material Design. The implications here is that this is a web-based OS (?) when he previously said it was FreeBSD.
  • It seems a bit farfetched that Nintendo implemented a new CSS Position property value, and why is there a "-" in front of it? Are we to believe "-nintendo-pointer" refers to a position relative to the pointer on the screen?
Odd - I only recently got access to my first segment of the OS (web browser). If this thing launches in early 2016; we can expect a lot of day-zero homebrew. Plus the segment I have is compiled for ARM, not x86 or x86_64.
So either we're gonna have ARM Nintendo consoles or we're gonna have another segmented generation. Which will be a pain.
EDIT: The WebGL implementation is using native Vulkan. Which would explain the demos running like crap at the time.
  • If he only has access to the web browser, how does he know how large the OS is (from his previous statement on it being "FreeBSD based" and "large".
Essentially trying to make it harder to pirate games than on the 3DS. I think.
Also making it quite useless in my own opinion once the servers go down but still. The payment is rather nice for the moment at least.
We're basically just a large set of people who know how to get through any DRM. Or rather rip the DRM out and use it freely.
  • "Get through any DRM" is not the proper way to describe uncovering and exploiting system vulnerabilities. Also, describing "ripping the DRM out and using it freely" screams "I have no clue what I'm saying! ". This is some kid who has only ever heard console security referred to as "DRM" and is using that to try and make himself sound credible. Once again, "ripping out DRM" is not how security research works, and it's definitely not how you'd refer to the kind of stuff he's alluding to.
For context, this is how someone who is ACTUALLY knowledgable enough to be a systems security researcher writes:

https://cturt.github.io/ps4.html

Notice the difference in the level of detail and explanation between CTurt and the Reddit "leaker". Exploiting systems like this usually means having intimate knowledge with assembly (machine code) for the architecture in question and clever ways to exploit known vulnerabilities. Saying he found "3 ways to run homebrew in the past 24 hours" is moronic. This is largely a long, drawn-out trial and error process which is helped along by the existence of published and unpatched vulnerabilities on the system upon which custom console OS' are built (see: PS4 hackers' use of FreeBSD's BadIRET vulnerability).

Overall, this sounds like a kid who has some markup knowledge (CSS, HTML) trying to draw attention to himself. He has no idea what the fuck he's talking about and is making up shit as he goes.

E-phonk

Banned
http://www.freebsd.org/where.html

FreeBSD definitely has PPC support. ARM support does seem pretty limited, though.
It seems to have a port indeed, but not fully supported (which seems normal since ppc is a dead platform)

The FreeBSD/ppc port is still a Tier 2 platform. That means it is not being fully supported by our security officer, release engineers and toolchain maintainers.

Anyhow, that reddit leaker doesn't seem to be legit at all. I highly doubt they'll have some random guys who doesn't know the basics of HTML and are also wii U youtubers and nintendo enthousiasts doing their OS security bugtesting.
This sounds more like a student who read about some technologies online and who follows nintendo.

EDIT: so what victor.m says basically

Which doesn't mean some of the things are kind of obvious/expected. There's a big chance they'll support Vulcan for example (but also opengl).

So messing around the square enix press site thingy and I see, "To be determined" Was that always there? Cant remeber.

edit: If not, obviously NX placeholder I assume

6CMVxku.png

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Yep, the more analysis on his words comes from people here, the more it seems he's faking it, and hard.

antonz

Even if Nintendo did closed door NX stuff at CES this year it would not be like the Wii U situation where the device was already known so info could be shared.

It is still very much a behind lock and key device so if they were there and showed it to select people they are people who would not say anything anyways

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Really wish cboat leaked Nintendo news

or at least Nintendo had an inside leaker on the level of cboat

I'm pretty sure GAF has a few people who at least know a fair amount of Nintendo info way before general consumers do, but they seem to respect the status of their info by rarely posting and always being cryptic.

Oh yeah people on my twitter feed were suggesting that Nintendo changing the Nintendo Store in Newyork to Nintendo NY to be related to NX or something.

Reading this engadget article

http://www.engadget.com/2016/01/07/nintendo-renovating-renaming-ny-store/

he store will be selling souvenirs like limited-edition Mario and Link t-shirts. There will also be costumed Nintendo characters, giveaways and other perks. We find it odd that it's removing the "world" part of the name from the store, however -- could that mean it's planning on opening more locations? Only Nintendo knows, but meanwhile, if you've been meaning to get to the store, there won't be a better time than the weekend of February 19-21.

That time frame could be relative.

I never make good predictions though or none of that lol

E-phonk

Banned
Some other comments the reddit user made that discredits him. Almost all of his posts are about basic web design stuff, never is he active in the topics about OS development, assembly, hardware/software exploits etc.
Nintendo uses Windows XP for developing their games though… or at least most of them anyway. You see Windows 7 basically everywhere there. There's one computer running Windows 8/8.1 and 6 running various GNU/Linux distros. [LINK]
What? I doubt they'd let hem fly to japan and into EAD etc. This doesn't make sense AT ALL.
From the current ARM version of NX Project, it's heavily intoned that it will be capable of using HD screens and have much better internet protocols, due to drivers for Google Fi sim cards and use of Material Design throughout the current OS.
Google Fi afaik has nothing to do with internet protocols. Also what is "better internet protocols"? That doesn't make sense - protocols are as far as I remember from my network classes based on the TCP/IP stack and are just conventions on using TCP/IP.

11 days ago he said:
Bought my NN3DS last year, fuck you Nintendo.
Seems very professional if you actually work for nintendo...

Someone asks 12 days ago is NX a successor to WiiU. Response
Not a successor to the Wii U, but is capable of streaming from any device that can stream to it. Or even any chrome cast connectible it would seem.
Again, doesn't make sense.

About 3DS
Well;
The Wii U is making a lot of money for them nowadays, making even more than the 3DS is as the 3DS isn't selling as many software units. The Wii U however is selling many more software units; with a somewhat higher sell-through rate and higher price paid to purchase the games.
They are having a lot of issues building their modern 3DS titles.
The 3DS (in 2016) will be 5 years old. On the other hand; the Wii U will only be 4. And that's for a handheld vs their home.
That's not even true, 3DS still sells a LOT more software and is a lot more profitable. They also get third party profits that are non existant in WiiU

He gave away his location. 15 days ago
Although I live in Oz so Comcast can't be a cunt to me anyway.
So you break an NDA, are one of the few testers in the world, and tell reddit where you live... Yeah.

17 days ago he said this:
I would call it the Nintendo Cross. Or Nintendo Croxx.
Wii U into Gamepad, 720p screen onto top of gamepad. Wii U hardware in full; only digital media is accepted (with a Game Card reader as an extension via the in-built USB-C port); launches with full Wii U lineup; Wii U gets stream of games as it is forward compatible with itself; everbody is probably happy with the outcome.
permalinkcontextfull comments (217)
… The NX could be a Wii U shoved into the gamepad.
Doubtful but it could be.
Again, doesn't make sense, and doesn't seem like someone who has inside information.

Also 17 days ago:
What will be the official name of the system?
[–]dizzyzane_ 16 points 17 days ago
Nintendo Wii Fuck U
Seems like someone who is employed by nintendo...

And when someone talks about vulcan, he even shows that his info comes from leaks he read himself:
IIRC1 the current NX DKs are running it (software mode only until better hardware support) so I'd say late 2016 - early 2018.
1: This bullshit is brought to you thanks to the fakeness that is the "NX leek"

Yeah, I felt the same. The Wii was the biggest FUCK YOU right in your face, and felt like such a departure from what they had done with the NGC, N64 and (S)NES. The big thing I used my Wii for was to play GameCube games, and that was so my GCs disk drive would survive.
The only reason I bought into the Wii U was because I found out how much of a different machine it was than the Wii.
Seriously, if they had gone with a better name (Even Nintendo Café would've worked better IMO) then it'd have sold much more.

People can go further back in his history if they want, but all I see is a guy who has a fascination with nintendo, follows general harware news and does some css/html development.

Pocks

Oh yeah people on my twitter feed were suggesting that Nintendo changing the Nintendo Store in Newyork to Nintendo NY to be related to NX or something.

Reading this engadget article

http://www.engadget.com/2016/01/07/nintendo-renovating-renaming-ny-store/

That time frame could be relative.

I never make good predictions though or none of that lol

I wonder if "Where everyone comes to play" has any significance to their brand, or specifically the NX platform, moving forward.

Cincaid

???
Using the screen is not mandatory, you know?
They don't have to support "weird screen controller" if they don't want to.
Hell, not even Nintendo supports the screen in a meaningful way for most of their games.

Except for the lack analog triggers, both Wii U Gamepad and Wii U Pro are perfectly functional traditional controllers so please stop that nonsense.

Sadly there are plenty of "lazy developers"-examples from Nintendo die hards whenever a developer shy away from the Gamepad for some reason or another. Why would this attitude change with the NX if it also uses some kind of unique gimmick/controller?

So the reddit guy is full of shit too? Source?

Just look at the posts by victor.m and E-phonk on this page. They make some excellent points.

The guy doesn't have the type of hacker knowledge we would expect him to have if he were actually contracted by Nintendo. He does seem to follow NX rumors quite closely, though.

Papacheeks

Banned
You mean like Fire Emblem? Might not be the story based game you're looking for but it features serious characters and it revolves around wars. If you make a wrong move, you lose a character forever. As for more serious games, Nintendo tried; nobody was interested. Except for Goldeneye 64 back in the day I guess. Back in the Cube days they released Eternal Darkness liked by critics and some of us on GAF, didn't matter. While the original Metroid Prime did great, its successors weren't so lucky. Other M is universaly hated because of the story. You are barking up the wrong tree for those games.

Highly debatable. You will find countless people here on GAF for example who dislike the writing and the characters of Mass Effect. I'm one of those people. I find the cast of Mass Effect 2 to be bland and forgettable with the exception of Samara and Thane. Can't for the life of me remember most of Shepards crew and their sidestories. As for Xenoblade on Wii... I remember everything.

Hearing Mario discussing his deep and complicated relationship with Peach while stomping goombas, koopas or fireballing cheep cheeps sounds like something nobody would play. Pardon the snark, but I can't for the life me understand why people want this. And it's already been done somewhat: the Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi RPG series contain story elements.

It sold next to nothing because it's a character action game from Platinum. Only a specific set of people like those.

So, Splatoon? Splatoon wil be the type of game (I hope) that will come out of Nintendo and that's a good thing. Nintendo already has it's own RPG series with Xenoblade, Fire Emblem and even Pokemon. All three of them very different.

Well it's not debatable since Western RPG's have mostly great animations ,voice acting, and character design's for that world that make it unique. Xenoblade chronicles has generic look characters, and rough facial animation, for it's style anyway. Especially when compared to Final Fantasy, kingdom hearts, Drasgon Quest even Star Ocean. I mean the game is still it's own, and the look of the world gives it a unique look. But saying the facial animations of xenoblade chronicles are more detailed, and fluid than something like the witcher 3, mass effect is kind of ignorant IMHO.

I mean were comparing a JRPG with western, but I'm just saying Nintendo has no western RPG like mass effect, witcher that has deep story telling and well animated character's making it more film like in it's presentation.

I GUESS that's where I'm coming from. We don't have any real cinematic type experiences on Nintendo's platform. When maybe xenoblade was amazing story wise, it definatley did not impact the industry like Bioware has in how they approach player interaction, and story telling.

We need something like the Last of Us, or something like ALan wake with it's unique episodic presentation, that bring that high film like experience we have had a lot of on other consoles for years.

They have the talent over in Kyto to make these type of games. But Nintendo keeps on trucking in pumping out Mario, Donkey Kong, zelda, Mario Kart.

Which is GHOSTTRICK's position on what they are outputting.

If you're asking for story in Mario, you're missing the point of Mario. The main Mario games aren't about story, they're about gameplay. The Mario series intentionally lacks lore, in favor of treating its characters as if they were actors. The characters can definitely be used to tell a story, as shown by the various Mario RPGs, but deep stories in the main platformer games would just be superfluous.

So they can't make it like Ratchet and clank or, jak and daxter, or sly cooper? Can't make it light and funny but with heart?

If other companies can do it, so can't Nintendo. They just refuse too.

It is completely irrelevant if a story based game is internally made or second party and only supervised by Nintendo.

Personally I don't think the writing or characters in Mass Effect are memorable. At least not more memorable than those in the Xenoblade games. One well known reviewer even said that Xenoblade X is Japans "Mass Effect". There are many other Nintendo funded story based games like Pandoras Tower, The Last Story, Bayonetta 2, Fatal Frame or Other M. Even if some really hate the characters in the last one ;)

You making comparisons of Bayonetta to Mass effect, and The last of Us is the most retarded thing I'v ever read. Please show me where Bayonetta's writing and character development comes anywhere near close to Jeol and ellie, Nathan and Sully, Sheperd and Urdnot Wrex, or Garret.

Which is what I'm talking about. I can't believe you yourself would say the cinematic and writing of bayonetta, pandora tower, or fatal frame are in the same league., as LAST OF US, Uncharted, MASS EFFECT.

Would you mind going into more detail on how it lacked polish

A having 5 maps and modes being added later down the line,. No chat, thing's like that which are should be a given in a multiplayer focused game?

It had plenty of care, it just didn't have the content one might expect from a MP shooter.

Of course this was offset by the lower than usual price, and the fact that an abundance of content was released throughout the year, at no additional cost.

But yeah, in terms of polish, Splatoon is almost flawless. The only technical strike against it would be the netcode, which is erratic for some.

It was 59.99 and still is when it released? What are you talking about? The additional content was because the game lacked content that is usually a given in multiplayer type shooters. Which is GHOST TRICK;s whole point.
If it is so flawless then it should be riding as high on metacritic as MARIO and would not have been reviewed and criticized by it's lack of content.

Not saying it's a bad game, but to say it was pretty perfect when it launched is hyperbole.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
The "internet protocols" line even sounds like nonsense to me, and I'm no web developer. IPv4 and IPv6 are just versions of internet protocol. Even I know that.

Seems very professional if you actually work for nintendo...

He gave away his location. 15 days ago

If you think about it, his N3DS line also points to him to being Australian given that last year in 2015 meant 2014. That is unless he imported a Japanese or Australian unit, but it's more likely he'd just be Australian.

I am consistently amused by the people who are mad at Nintendo (a legitimate feeling) and, thus, are upset at their games.

It's the same place the "Mario 3D World isn't a real 3D Mario game" comes from and it's always funny. Don't stop, guys.

To be fair, it's the customers that ultimately decide the quality/authenticity of the games, not Nintendo's development or marketing direction.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
our "usual" insiders are soooo silent. I'm even starting to doubt about the actual development status and second/third party involvment so far >_<

See, provided this is true, this is all I need. I can make the next 5 months without spec or concept leaks if I can just know that people working in the industry are excited by the hardware.

Steejee

They can't be that dense. I don't believe it.

PPC as the NX architecture is something I wouldn't put much stock into as a rumor until we see actual hard info. The only way I could see that happening is if there's a PPC chip somewhere onboard for a specialized purpose.

Vena

They can't be that dense. I don't believe it.

PPC as the NX architecture is something I wouldn't put much stock into as a rumor until we see actual hard info. The only way I could see that happening is if there's a PPC chip somewhere onboard for a specialized purpose.

Hardware emulation of the WiiU would be the easy answer (with a modern NX OS).

If they have a surplus leftover from their contract with IBM, they could slot them in for basically no cost. I don't know how much they'd want to do that, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom